It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: 8.0 Earthquake strikes off Northern Coast of Chile; Tsunami Warning Issues

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skyfall911

LOL!!

This might be the funniest post on these forums off all times. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The people who run Earth can easily cook up an earthquake wherever they please. This "planet" was probably built upon some device that can violently be cranked up to shake earth with major velocity. Causing death and destruction but more importantly a change in society. Grocery stores would close down, American currency would mean nothing as cities would be looted and murder would run rampant. All because of a major earthquake striking a populated area. There aren't many other ways the illuminati can go in their book of magic. A new 9/11 type terror false flag just wouldn't work as good anymore. Too many conspiracy theorists now. They need something like a hurricane or riot. Extreme civil unrest. I think an earthquake would do it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

My fathers friend who works for NASA, but at times works for the secret space program said that the tsunami that happened off Japan was them testing their new nuclear powered sonic laser technology. Any universe you can imagine has already been created in the sub atomic consciousness of the atom. Don't you remember when the billion diamond tipped web of needles that were put into space mysteriously disappeared, and NASA said cosmic wind carried them off? Think of the weight of a billion needles. They were removed but not by us. The initial plan was to use this tech, and use it to bounce it off the needles like a mirror. Now they have other means.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

Well when a natural disaster takes place its either because of:
1. God
2. NASA
3. Mother Nature

Im going with NASA. Red Cross says a large earthquake is set to hit the Bay Area in under 30 years. Read this:

“Earthquakes are sudden and can strike without warning, and we want everyone to become prepared to survive when the next major earthquake strikes our area,” said Mark Cloutier, regional chief executive officer of the American Red Cross. “It is not a matter of if but a matter of when the next major earthquake will happen. With U.S. Geological Survey saying there is 99% likelihood of a major earthquake in Bay Area in the next 30 years, last night’s earthquake is a reminder for each of us to anticipate, and plan for, what is needed to survive a major earthquake.

I blame NASA. Us regular humans know absolutely nothing when it comes to the hidden technology the rulers of Earth possess. Everything is a lie. Our world map could easily be fake. The word Earth rearranged spells the word: heart, linking both our planet and the most important part of the human body. Coincidence? I blame NASA.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Just saw the report on skynews, they are saying a bigger one is possible.

Surprised it didnt hit California after recent activity.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Just getting down my first cup of coffee now....I'm almost too nervous to see/hear about the damage/deaths coming out of Chile....I've yet to see any large tsunami hit??? Hope that didn't happen anywhere overnight....thanks for the updates..best place to get the best breaking news, right here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

opethPA
Wow...this video is supposed to show what it was like to be in the middle of this...

I couldn't even imagine being in this.

That video although scary was from the 2010 Chile Earthquake that measured 8.8

Here is the same video, uploaded 4 years ago: www.youtube.com...

Just a heads up

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Cable 07LIMA2957

2nd cabal *cable
07LIMA2860

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

How the hell do you figure this quake has anything to do with NASA?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

What are you talking about? honestly curious.. care to share some links or words, or both, on these space needle diamond things

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Actually it was predicted on another forum. As unlikely as it was, it was predicted about a week ago. I call for a lucky guess this time because of the insane amount of daily predictions that pop up there. But if it happened again by the same guy, i wouldnt be so sure.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Nyiah
While it might not be a mega thrust event, I hope everyone who scoffed at True American the past couple of weeks is able to swallow their pride and give credit where credit is due. Like with the big Santa Cruz quake, he saw a foreshock pattern in Chile, and called it.

I'm just waking up, so I'm going to go busy myself with reading news articles and Earthquake-Reports (middle of the night, I should be going back to bed, but...big event & all)

He is pretty amazing

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I still say that no one knows when it comes to these mega quakes. I can get a offsetting pressure event, but this seems a little too important to ignore.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Holy Cow, did you see the seismograph reading for this?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's important to know that not only did they receive an 8.2 earthquake but they've been getting 4.0 to 6.2 aftershocks almost every hour since the 8.2 quake.

The most recent was 5.1 @ 9:01 UTC April 2, 2014. According to the USGS, currently they've had 35 total aftershocks since the 8.2 quake.

Check the USGS Chilean map and quake listing:
USGS Map

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

35 aftershocks!

Is that normal? Seems like a lot and I guess they will continue until they get down to below 3.0

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

Since I'm from Chile I just wanted to give you some updates.

Latest confirmed deaths are 6. There was a small tsunami, but nothing big, not too much damage from that.

After the 2010 quake, a lot was done to be ready for the next one, and since it was a long time coming in the north, and there has been a los of minor quakes during these weeks, people where pretty much ready for it. 900 thousand people evacuated from the shoreline last night, and thankfully not much happened.

Now they are working on getting electricity and water up and working again.

If anything else worth mentioning happens I will keep you posted.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
New quake in Panama

M5.8 - 53km S of Pedregal, Panama
2014-04-02 16:13:27 UTC
7.886°N 82.350°W depth=27.9km (17.3mi)

I have never seen so many buoys in event mode...

National Data Buoy

Is that a 20 foot rise or drop at this station?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yea, absolutely normal, after the 2010 quake we had hundreds of aftershocks for weeks after the 8.8.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

No, actually from the picture you show I see about 1mt to 1.5mt change which is actually 3-5ft, no more.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join