GM: general motors let people die in order to save money

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Billions of tax dollars to save a serial killer. Not only did GM make cars that were unsafe and killing people. They knew about it and did nothing in order to save money. We were told if we did not save GM the whole economy would collapse. From the government bailout to cash for clunkers. GM got billions of tax dollars.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I had a GM Death Trap 7 years ago.

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP supercharged. Aside from the fact the interior door trim was falling apart and the passenger side floor board got wet every time it rained heavy there was a SERIOUS problem.

The supercharger was somehow creating enough heat to ignite the engine and quickly engulf the car in flames. I recall, while still making payments, that GM sent a letter that basically stated ' The car has a risk of catching on fire and until we can figure out a fix, which we haven't yet, Dont drive it until we let you know the recall, as there isn't one yet'

The car was pretty fast and got great gas mileage considering it was a larger car with a 3.8L supercharged engine, 30mpg @ 65mph.

There are some deaths and videos of them on fire, since Pontiac went out of business, I was screwed on the deal.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
News Alert.

All companies have some sort of risk management program in place. It's really no different than the military going on a strike mission. There is always an acceptable risk. I know, "but a car company?" Yeah, they're no different. In fact, I'd be willing to argue most of us work for some organization that uses it, yet we all continue to work for them blindly because it's entirely too hard to fight the lawyers and bureaucracy.

Once in awhile someone is caught and a few people are fired. The CEO "cleans house" and all is well until the competition stiffens and the board finds a new way to earn profit through some loophole not addressed by law. Then they get sued and start the cycle all over again.

I believe this is called capitalism.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Cars aren't what they used to be anymore, the ones doing any good out of the car industry are foreign like the JDM,

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Impossible. GM was overhauled with government oversight during the bailout. It is now the height of efficiency, and we know the government and its representatives have only our best interests in mind and are unswayed by the lure of money.

new topics

join