It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

HAHA! Those 6 USA vendors are Hobby Lobby warehouses selling to Hobby Lobby retail outlets! LOL

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I know but I figured if I didn't list them "someone" may try to say I am being dishonest.

220 suppliers where 6 are listed in the US = 2.7% of their supply chain is in the US.

GO Merika!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I played with the search bar some.
Would I be correct that there are more companies from china listed than any other? That's what it looked like to me!
With very few outside of asia?

China has a worst pollution problem than any country in history probably! It's now being said that their pollution is what is causing such weird weather here and that weather is going to affect crop yields!
That's here how it is affecting the people of asia is much worse!
If the businesses would have supported our industrial base there would have been better regulations and all this pollution would be alot less! Not to mention we would have decent jobs in the manufacturing sector as well as we wouldn't be so vulnerable when all these countries get ticked off at us and decide that they don't want to do business with us!
I don't know but it seems to me that sending the manufacturing off for the slave wages and the freedom to dump waste however and where ever you want for a higher profit margin shows a much less good moral standing than giving your employees insurance that covers abortion!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: rickynews

Below is a list of suppliers direct from china that hobby lobby does business with. The link will take you to the page where there are many more. Now you have the evidence of the specific Chinese companies that Hobby Lobby is doing business with
which neither hyperbole nor insinuations it is direct evidence that Hobby Lobby is Hypocritical.

suppliers

The home office is Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., located in Oklahoma City, OK, so they do the purchasing and definitely know whom they purchase from.

Are you stating that these companies which you listed are directly involved in the forced abortion industry in China? That was the question.

Certainly you can produce documentation of any, even just 1 company from the above Chinese companies you listed, that is directly involved, or even paying for, forced abortions in China ?
edit on 18-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
but insurance companies aren't involved in the birth control industry either are they?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Of course, you change the subject and dodge the question...the very fruit of hypocricy.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

as if you haven't avoided most of my questions!

these companies are base in a country that forces abortions onto women! it would be a long stretch to think that none of their profits aren't supporting the country isn't it??

It's kind of surprising to me that a company that has such a moral conflict about providing insurance that covers a wide array of medical issues along with birth control and be able to excuse the practice of buying a large amount of their merchandise from companies within a country that forces the most obscene of the birth control onto it's citizens!
At least the inssurance isn't forcing anyone to take the birth control!!!

Maybe that's where the problem is coming in it's not that they have a problem with birth control but rather they have a problem with giving women a choice weather to use it or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

these companies are base in a country that forces abortions onto women! it would be a long stretch to think that none of their profits aren't supporting the country isn't it??

It's kind of surprising to me that a company that has such a moral conflict about providing insurance that covers a wide array of medical issues along with birth control and be able to excuse the practice of buying a large amount of their merchandise from companies within a country that forces the most obscene of the birth control onto it's citizens!

Maybe that's where the problem is coming in it's not that they have a problem with birth control but rather they have a problem with giving women a choice weather to use it or not.

When you provide the list of the Chinese companies directly forcing abortions, I'll reconsider.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

In the cities however, the pressure is applied through the workplace – each administration has a person in charge of monitoring the employees. Yang himself lost his teaching job in 2010, after the birth of his second daughter. www.worldcrunch.com...# .U1Ga66J7TbE

Work – Parents can be black listed at their work, being denied promotion opportunities or lose their job. chinatravelgo.com...

BEIJING, September 7, 2012, (LifeSiteNews.com) - Escaped Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng is leading international opponents of forced abortion in calling upon the world’s largest company to end compliance with the China’s one-child policy.

Family planning police have targeted employees of iPhone creator Apple Inc. in the Chinese factories that churn out the company’s products. Fully 24 Apple facilities conducted pregnancy tests to ensure workers were not illegally pregnant, according to the technology giant’s own internal investigation this year. It also found 56 facilities did not have policies or procedures prohibiting coercive family planning measures.
www.lifesitenews.com...

Sounds to me that the employers are playing the role of enforcer! Is that good enough for you?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

When you provide the list of the Chinese companies directly forcing abortions, I'll reconsider.

You want a list????

It is "every" company in China. Any company Hobby lobby does business with in China is part of the one child per family regulation. Every single one of those China based companies is part of that.

They could do business with companies in other countries that didn't force abortions, but that could cut into their profit margins.

Are you saying you have never heard of the nationwide China mandates on abortion where no company is immune?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You want a list????

It is "every" company in China. Any company Hobby lobby does business with in China is part of the one child per family regulation. Every single one of those China based companies is part of that.

They could do business with companies in other countries that didn't force abortions, but that could cut into their profit margins.

Are you saying you have never heard of the nationwide China mandates on abortion where no company is immune?

Yes, I'd appreciate a list of every Chinese company that is involved in forced abortions, and which Hobby Lobby does direct business with. The list that you provided may be Chinese companies Hobby Lobby does business with , but that in no way, shape or form means, nor is any credible evidence, that those companies which you listed are involved with forced abortions. That is a very big gap to be filled before you can assert Hobby Lobby is hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Why not retain the truth, and at least some credibility ...which is you really haven't any idea about whether the Chinese companies you listed are involved in forced abortions in China ? Honesty is always the best policy, no?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You want a list????

Yes, I'd appreciate a list of every Chinese company that is involved in forced abortions, and which Hobby Lobby does direct business with. The list that you provided may be Chinese companies Hobby Lobby does business with , but that in no way, shape or form means, nor is any credible evidence, that those companies which you listed are involved with forced abortions. That is a very big gap to be filled before you can assert Hobby Lobby is hypocritical.

I already gave you the link of China companies Hobby Lobby does business with.. Try refreshing your memory maybe even click on the link this time. BTW the number of china companies is 141.

I asked if you sere aware of the national abortion policy of china so I am not sure if you are being obtuse when asking which companies ones are involved are you just do not understand what national policy means. If you are not aware of China policies on abortion click here.

It is cut and dry that Hobby Lobby case is pure hypocritical BS. Every time they order goods from China on the cheep to make exorbitant marked up profits they are helping fund that nation which forces abortions. I guess you never heard of the one child policy. I have given you plenty of information and links here please take this opportunity and educate yourself.

China Tax and Tax Laws

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Besides it's has been pretty obvious that the chirstian right knows what a boycott is and what it is for!! They have used them many times in the US!
If Hobby Lobby along with alot of other companies would have voiced thier concern about the one child rule and heck the worker's rights/slave labor issues and informed them that they would avoid doing business within china till these practices were stopped China might have been a little more eager to change the policies!

And I spend a good bit of time reading about the one child rule! I kind of got the impression that the gov't uses the employers to monitor it's employees to make sure that they are not disobeying the law as well as helping to penalize those that do! Tell ya what you spend some time today reading about it and well see if you can find anything that says otherwise?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

edit on 19-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You want a list????

I already gave you the link of China companies Hobby Lobby does business with.. Try refreshing your memory maybe even click on the link this time. BTW the number of china companies is 141.

I asked if you sere aware of the national abortion policy of china so I am not sure if you are being obtuse when asking which companies ones are involved are you just do not understand what national policy means. If you are not aware of China policies on abortion click here.

It is cut and dry that Hobby Lobby case is pure hypocritical BS. Every time they order goods from China on the cheep to make exorbitant marked up profits they are helping fund that nation which forces abortions. I guess you never heard of the one child policy. I have given you plenty of information and links here please take this opportunity and educate yourself.

China Tax and Tax Laws

rickynews reply: By your standards, as indicated in your statement above, any American or any American company who buys any products from China, including Hobby Lobby, is therefore supporting the forced abortions industry in China, and is therefore guilty of Hypocricy. Its ridiculous and not at all credible.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Besides it's has been pretty obvious that the chirstian right knows what a boycott is and what it is for!! They have used them many times in the US!
If Hobby Lobby along with alot of other companies would have voiced thier concern about the one child rule and heck the worker's rights/slave labor issues and informed them that they would avoid doing business within china till these practices were stopped China might have been a little more eager to change the policies!

And I spend a good bit of time reading about the one child rule! I kind of got the impression that the gov't uses the employers to monitor it's employees to make sure that they are not disobeying the law as well as helping to penalize those that do! Tell ya what you spend some time today reading about it and well see if you can find anything that says otherwise?

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, while visiting China, voiced his support for China's "One Child Policy", by stating that he would not "second guess" said One Child Policy. So, here is undeniable and documented evidence that any American who voted for Obama and Biden, and who is also against China's One Child Policy, is guilty of Hypocrisy.

I'd wager that you and OP voted for Obama-Biden, no ?

V.P. Biden's Speech Video Clip found here: www.youtube.com...

And then of course, shortly after Mr. Biden's clear statement of support for China's One Child Policy and forced abortions, and in typical kooky left-wing liberal fashion, Mr. Biden's office came out and "disputed" that which Mr. Biden himself had actually said (as evidenced in the video clip), clearly implying that Mr. Biden's own statement was somehow Not what everyone had clearly heard Mr. Biden say.
Such is the pure definition of left-wing Liberal Hypocrisy.

Biden's Hypocrisy News Article found here: www.foxnews.com...

So in conclusion, any American who is against China's Forced Abortions One Child Policy, and who voted for Obama-Biden, is most certainly guilty of Hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

you'd lose that wager!!
The last real candidate I voted for was Bush and I got so disgusted with his administration I started paying much closer attention to what the candidate say! During the primaries I found that ALL the candidates were lying about one thing or another!
I support Mickey Mouse now in elections!
Don't believe me??
Go through the old posts look hard enough and you will find me encouraging people to vote for Mickey!!
I figure the candidate who has enough humility when the take the oath of office dressed in a Mickey Mouse costume can have the position!

edit on 19-4-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

you'd lose that wager!!
The last real candidate I voted for was Bush and I got so disgusted with his administration I started paying much closer attention to what the candidate say! During the primaries I found that ALL the candidates were lying about one thing or another!
I support Mickey Mouse now in elections!
Don't believe me??
Go through the old posts look hard enough and you will find me encouraging people to vote for Mickey!!
I figure the candidate who has enough humility when the take the oath of office can have the position!

Fair enough, so you're are not a hypocrite in that regards...But, according to your standards, and as outline in your own statement, Any American, or any American company, that buys products from China, is supporting forced abortions, even though they may be against forced abortions in China. Although I may have lost my first wager, I'd double down and wager that you have bought, or that you have in your home, several products that have been made in China, no ?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Oh, okay then. You admit that Hobby Lobby is hypocritical, but your excuse for them is that everyone else is also hypocritical. Got it!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join