It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+73 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We all know Hobby Lobby and their little fight to deny Reproductive Health Care to their employees. They claim, of course, that it goes against their religious principles.

Let's look at their "Religious Principles" when it comes to the goods they trade.

Another sticking point for some is the issue of many of Hobby Lobby's products being made in China, which some critics argue does not demonstrate a "Christian business model" because the labor and wage regulations in other countries oftentimes differ from those in the U.S.

Christians Question Hobby Lobby's Defense, Biblical Stance Against Obamacare

So what is going on in China?

Almost every one of the pregnant women I spoke to had suffered a mandatory abortion. One woman told me how, when she was eight months pregnant with an illegal second child and was unable to pay the 20,000 yuan fine (about $3,200), family planning officers dragged her to the local clinic, bound her to a surgical table and injected a lethal drug into her abdomen.

China’s Brutal One-Child Policy

Obviously that is just an oversight. One call to let them know and they'd change their suppliers right?

Surely there can't be anything else.

Several of the mutual funds in Hobby Lobby's retirement plan have holdings in companies that manufacture the specific drugs and devices that the Green family, which owns Hobby Lobby, is fighting to keep out of Hobby Lobby's health care policies: the emergency contraceptive pills Plan B and Ella, and copper and hormonal intrauterine devices.

OHH!

These companies include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, which makes Plan B and ParaGard, a copper IUD, and Actavis, which makes a generic version of Plan B and distributes Ella. Other holdings in the mutual funds selected by Hobby Lobby include Pfizer, the maker of Cytotec and Prostin E2, which are used to induce abortions; Bayer, which manufactures the hormonal IUDs Skyla and Mirena; AstraZeneca, which has an Indian subsidiary that manufactures Prostodin, Cerviprime, and Partocin, three drugs commonly used in abortions; and Forest Laboratories, which makes Cervidil, a drug used to induce abortions.

Hobby Lobby's Hypocrisy: The Company's Retirement Plan Invests in Contraception Manufacturers

So it seems that when it comes to Hobby Lobby only one PROPHET PROFIT matters.

Has the phrase "Jesus Wept" ever seemed more apt?

+29 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hypocrisy is saying you support the American Constitution, and then are in favor of a bill that slaps the Constitution in the face, and was passed in an illegal manner that is not coherent to the laws of the United States of America.

Hobby Lobby may be performing hypocritical acts (which I don't see - and is strictly business), but the administration struck first.

If you find this act of them performing business with China so outrageous, then perhaps you have a problem with China too, and need to stop using their products. Perhaps you should find every product you have that says made in China and cast it out.

And on a side note - no one is perfect, and everyone screws up & acts in their own self interests from time to time. But I suppose other people are perfect, and have the right to point the finger at others instead of pointing it at their self....
edit on 1-4-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think my signature says it all....

+37 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

MentorsRiddle
Hypocrisy is saying you support the American Constitution, and then are in favor of a bill that slaps the Constitution in the face, and was passed in an illegal manner that is not coherent to the laws of the United States of America.

Hobby Lobby may be performing hypocritical acts (which I don't see - and is strictly business), but the administration struck first.

If you find this act of them performing business with China so outrageous, then perhaps you have a problem with China too, and need to stop using their products. Perhaps you should find every product you have that says made in China and cast it out.

And on a side note - no one is perfect, and everyone screws up & acts in their own self interests from time to time. But I suppose other people are perfect, and have the right to point the finger at others instead of pointing it at their self....

So it apparently isn't against HB's religion to buy from a nation that forces abortions and birth control on their people but it is against their religion when they have to pay for birth control for their employees. Supporting it in one hand and denying it in the other is the height of hypocrisy. Because if they were really supporting their religion like they say they are then they wouldn't be supporting China. It all boils down to the God they really worship and that God is money.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

buster2010

MentorsRiddle

So it apparently isn't against HB's religion to buy from a nation that forces abortions and birth control on their people but it is against their religion when they have to pay for birth control for their employees. Supporting it in one hand and denying it in the other is the height of hypocrisy. Because if they were really supporting their religion like they say they are then they wouldn't be supporting China. It all boils down to the God they really worship and that God is money.

VERY GOOD POINT BUSTER!!!

One I hadn't thought of!

OH WHAT THE HELL, 1 Round of hypocrisy for everyone! I am broke because I have to come up with more money for my Obamacare, so forgive me ahead of time for asking you to pay for your own drinks! *Wink*

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

MentorsRiddle

Are you seriously trying to claim that HL only buys from China and Invests in Abortion Pharmaceuticals because of the Obama Administration?

Whom did they buy from and whom did they invest in before?

Your logic Rant makes no sense.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Then you are certainly free not to shop there just as their employees are free not to work there and they were free to business as they chose ... Oh, no they aren't anymore because the government thinks they know better.

That's what this is about - Government knowing better than you, me and all of us.

Why do we even bother with this façade of pretending that people can own and operate businesses if the government is really the one who calls all the shots?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So when you go to work there do they tell you that they are a Christian Organization and if you are a woman do they tell you that you won't be covered for contraception under their medical coverage?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Hobby Lobby should be thanked for their efforts as should anyone who challenges Obamacare. Maybe we can dismantle it piece by piece.

Thanks to Obama and magic bullet theory Arlen Specter, Americans are now forced to buy a service under the threat of imprisonment.

Wait, theres no threat of imprisonment, just more taxes imposed by the IRS.

Try not paying your taxes to the IRS and watch what happens.

Of-course all of this insanity was upheld by the Supreme Court.

You know, the Supreme Court, which upheld slavery and Jim Crow laws...

edit on 1-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

BritofTexas
We all know Hobby Lobby and their little fight to deny Reproductive Health Care to their employees. They claim, of course, that it goes against their religious principles.

STOP RIGHT THERE!

Hobby Lobby is denying their employees the right to purchase reproductive (the abortion pill) health care?

They can't go buy it?

they are banned from ever buying it anywhere? At any time?

OMG!

I'll hold 'em down, you stab them with your pitchfork!

Let's go get 'em, tiger!

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hell yea the circle jerkers are on the thread, using emotional responses to blur the ops question, keep it up boyz and girls, we get it its obumers fault lol.

So its againts there religious belief to pay for contraception for there insured employees, but its ok to profit off chinese labor, and invest in contraception business .

Can anyone defend that, i didint think so.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
Hell yea the circle jerkers are on the thread, using emotional responses to blur the ops question, keep it up boyz and girls, we get it its obumers fault lol.

So its againts there religious belief to pay for contraception for there insured employees, but its ok to profit off chinese labor, and invest in contraception business .

Can anyone defend that, i didint think so.

So it'd be okay for a company to deny abortion pills if they didn't profit off of Chinese labor?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh beezer dont change, there againts abortion, right, but they invest in a business that produces abortion pills, oh and they buy product from a country that enforces abortion on women right.

And you dont see any issues.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

We all know Hobby Lobby and their little fight to deny Reproductive Health Care to their employees. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a LIE.

There is nothing stopping them to walking in to any planned parenthood, or target, and Walmart

To pay for their own contraception.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hobby Lobby is denying their employees the right to purchase reproductive (the abortion pill) health care? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah.

They can walk in to any planned parenthood and get it for free.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

amazing
So when you go to work there do they tell you that they are a Christian Organization and if you are a woman do they tell you that you won't be covered for contraception under their medical coverage?

No, since they cover contraception (hormonal pills), but it's probably clear that if I want Plan B or Ella (not contraception) or want one of two IUDs that I am playing for those on my own as I would be if I decided to get an abortion.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Topic is about hobby lobby not wanting to pay for there employees contraception because of there religious values, but they invest in a business that produces contraception pills, and do business with a country that enforces abortion on women.

Care to share your thoughts on the topic.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive696969

And ?

What way do people want to have it ?

Stay out of their wombs remember !

Er wait pay for their birth control !

Yeah I do see the GD hypocrisy of it all.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by beezzer

Oh beezer dont change, there againts abortion, right, but they invest in a business that produces abortion pills, oh and they buy product from a country that enforces abortion on women right.

And you dont see any issues.

Hiya duke!

the only issue I see is a government mandating against someone's beliefs.

I'd be fighting if the government was forcing bacon on muslims.

I'd be fighting if the government forced prayer on athiests.

I'm against government mandates.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join