It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests in Albuquerque, Nm March 30, 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The way the MSM is portraying the protest is over exagerated and focuses mainly on what happened about tear gas, vandalism, and obstrusting traffic. Our lives were never "in-danger" until APD showed up in full tactical riot gear for no reason.

Guaranteed that they had some of their own LEO's in our crowd to try and cause "mayhem" as the news puts it.It's difficult to spot them here because of our very very urban setting.

Hmm..The way I remember it going down:

Everyone was peaceful and emotional. Marched up Central heading east bound.Then made a u-turn.

Hmm...Most of the traffic that passed through Central and surrounding areas were in favor of the protest. We were talking and shaking hands with the folks. A lot of the traffic even followed us throughout the entire day.Honking in support, stuff like that

During the entire march, people were handing out food to eat, water to drink, people even let other protesters ride on their vehicle.

People were having a very good time actually.
Laughing, crying, smiles, and frowns, Happy or Angry. It didnt matter if we believed the same..our message to APD and the world was clear...very clear...

WE ARE TIRED OF THE INJUSTICE NOT ONLY IN OUR COMMUNITY BUT THE WORLD AS WELL. ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE BECAUSE THE SYSTEM IS NOT AND HAS NOT BEEN WORKING AT ALL.

Skaters and bikers rode ahead. People were dancing, people were playing music, a small group brought their own drums and digereedo? children were chanting along..

Even though the protest was to recognize and end abuse of power...it seemed like we were, at that time, all in harmony and in peace with nature.

After a few hours of marching we managed to re-group back at the APDHQ.

The news forgets to mention that the surrounding areas by APDHQ was blocked off from traffic before any protesting had even gone underway. .the buildings were all closed off

Oh, and also that there was no one in the HQ...no police..no secretarys...nothing..it was very quiet except for the protesters.

Bikers and skaters checked surrounding areas making sure we weren't being snuck up on while we were at APDHQ..guess what happened...we found the police getting ready to march on us around the corner and about a block away...There was no reason for that..at that moment in time, we were very peaceful and lawful ...for the most part
...till APD tried to sneak up on us..some of us met them half-way with our cameras..others with peace signs..

At that point...a lot of people were pretty upset that they actually came up dressed to kill. the police began putting on their gas masks, some had beanbag rounds.. behind their line...You can see more of them mounting up on their horses, they brought their armoured vehicle..the building to the west of the line, around the corner were more cops just standing there. People behind us at the front were not able to see them..

Oh yea...also on top of the buildings...they had snipers...3 of them that we could see.

as they put on their masks..we the people, knew we need to get ready as well.

Alot of us came prepared for smoke and tear gas...nothing else...we werent looking for a fight..although, a lot of people wanted to; we managed to keep everything calm and walked away after about 40 min to an hour.

We walk away because we found out the police had the people surrounded on all levels..they were wanting to fight us...so we turned around and marched back up and down central. The remainder of the time the police did not bother us. unless you were falling behind or getting separted.

This time...we were upset at the fact that they had done this.
The march increased in more passion after that.

As the night came, we marched on.

We managed to pick up people from bars we had passed or just random people who were not originally with the protesters. By the time dusk had settled the main chunk of the protesters were already gone.

When the random dude climbed on the light pole, the original crowd wasnt even there really. A handful of the orgianl protestors at most. But It was filled more with anarchist kids just looking for trouble. more drunks looking for a block party and people just wanting to do it for no reason...it wasnt even a protest at that point..it was just a mob of random people drinking and looking for a fight. There were not more than 100 people at most..

The cops knew it had died down a lot and there wasn't that big of a crowd anymore...they decided to come back and make it look like the original protesters had gone mad which we had'nt. Most of were gone by that time. The cops decided to make their move on the small crowd of..randoms for lack of a better word. the news made the cops look like heroes or something to that extent which is not true at all.

What can you expect from the people of a city whos' leaders will and have not done a damn thing to help or change their community in a good way?

of course you'll get some people who will vandalise things...IT HAPPENS.

Of course you're going to have some people who really truly belive we need to "fire" back...IT HAPPENS

of course their will be some minor property damage..IT HAPPENS

OF COURSE PEOPLE WILL BE ANGRY!!!!

and there is much more that could happen but hey..

If city leaders will not hold themselves or the ones responsible for injust actions...WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN>>WHAT DO THINK THE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DO TILL YOU DECIDE TO GET THE MESSAGE>>WHAT DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL DO TILL YOU DO SOMETHING??

After this experience..I've come to realize more and more how people don't want to hear anything good on the news..People want to hear about the bad..the evil... The news wants to report the bad and they focus mostly on the bad side of a protest.

What i'd like to hear on the news would be:

How everyone affected one another by joining the support.
How everyone was helpful and thoughtful towards working for a common goal.
How it made the individual feel by seeing all the supporters stand with them.
How people want change in this community.
How the whole situation has affected you life personally

Things like that..

I don't want to hear about how a bunch of randoms exploited our peacful protest for individual gain.

After this experience..i'm understanding more and more how situations like this work.

Don't get me wrong...the people here are not push-overs..just because we don't want a fight or war..does not mean we aren't ready to fight or start a revolution..

OUR MESSAGE IS STILL CLEAR FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND AND WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. WE'RE TAKING BACK OUR STREETS, OUR LIVES, OUR FREEDOMS. IT'S TIME TPTB REALIZE THAT WE ARE WAKING UP TO TRUTH ONCE AGAIN.

YOU CAN'T STOP WHATS INEVITABLE..

edit on 1-4-2014 by D3AD537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by D3AD537

If that assault on the teenage girl was intended to spark a riot there will be hell to pay.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I live outside of ABQ and I can tell you that I do not go into that city without my .45 in my console.

Also, I know one of the APD officers involved in the DOJ investigation - the officer shot and killed a robbery suspect after a brief foot chase. Shot him with an AR-15 because he "reached for something." He is a total Dbag, and I have been to a couple parties at his house (I know him through his wife) which are always full of drunken off-duty APD jackboots. A giant douchefest, basically.

I wish I had never moved here and I really want to leave.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Please add to the existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join