It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple upset after receiving pre-marked voter registration card from Covered California Ins.....mark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

LA MESA, Calif. - A local couple called 10News concerned after they received an envelope from the state's Obamacare website, Covered California.

Inside was a letter discussing voter registration and a registration card pre-marked with an "x" in the box next to Democratic Party.

The couple – who did not want their identity revealed – received the letter and voter registration card from their health insurance provider Covered California, the state-run agency that implements President Obama's Affordable Care Act.

They have lived in La Mesa for years and they have always been registered to vote Republican. Now, they are perplexed as to how the voter registration card pre-marked Democrat ended up in their mailbox.

www.10news.com...

The couple's accountant actually was the one that noticed the 'X' marked for Democrat

They were told to contact the Secretary of State, but could not get a hold of anyone. Go figure....

Not sure if others noticed as well,but sure sounds like someone was trying to help people decide on how to vote. LOL
Gee, how nice of them

I will say my husband and I got suspicious when our friend in Florida went to renew his DL, he claimed he had to answer a bunch of questions including his political affiliation
WTH has that got to do with a DL??? Nothing that we can think of.....

I asked him if he said 'Independent' and he said no, he didn't think of that.....he's kinda not all there, but a nice guy just the same

edit on 1-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

And just imagine (if you dare) what would happen if we had completely electronic elections.
edit on 1-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's Bush's fault.
And anyone that says it isn't is a racist.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'm just surprised that the state simply didn't "vote" for them.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

And just imagine (if you dare) what would happen if we had completely electronic elections.

I know desperate times calls for desperate measures but really.....*shakes head*
Maybe it was just a fluke, that 1 couple received a premarked registration card

I shiver at the thought of total Electronic Elections..... imagine the manipulation and hacking one could do to the system!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ha! Like their vote matters in California...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm just surprised that the state simply didn't "vote" for them.

Wait for it....one day they will do just that to 'help' the good people out so they won't have to interrupt their daily lives of reality TV, FB, Twitter and other self-serving social media

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Fancy that. We don't even have to think anymore. Good old uncle Fed will do it for us, he'll vote for us too...saving us the time and effort of going to a voting booth.

Wake up people! What may be a funny news story to you, is coming to your town too.

Des

edit on 1-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Fancy that. We don't even have to think anymore. Good old uncle Fed will do it for us, he'll vote for us too...saving is the time and effort of going to a voting booth.

Wake up people! What may be a funny news story to you, is coming to your town too.

I'm 48 and I don't recall or maybe I wasn't as aware back then but, were the political parties always this sneaky & nasty??

Like what difference does it make--as Hillary so eloquently stated-- which party you vote for when renewing your DL????
Not a damn thing in my book....just keeping track of voters

link   

Covered California began mailing out voter signup cards to nearly 4 million enrollees last week after being threatened with a lawsuit by voting rights groups. But that does not explain the pre-filled out voter registration card.

So out of 4 million cards that went out, one couple is *claiming* there was an "x" written on their voter registration card in ballpoint pen. Hardly convincing evidence of anything is it? Setting aside the fact that this would amount to the least effective plot ever, one intended to hopefully register 1 voter as a Democrat, how do we know that it's not simply a hoax?
edit on 2014-4-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   
If they didn't catch this obvious attempt at voter fraud, they would not have been able to vote in their Republican Primary, which would be a big deal. Keep in mind that the GOP establishment is very much against anyone who is not on board with them, including GOP candidates aligned with the Tea Party.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

That's why in a previous comment to another poster I replied:

Maybe it was just a fluke, that 1 couple received a premarked registration card

All we can do is wait and see if others come forward
Or maybe, like him, they won't/haven't noticed an 'X'....unless they are DEMS anyway

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

snarky412

Fancy that. We don't even have to think anymore. Good old uncle Fed will do it for us, he'll vote for us too...saving is the time and effort of going to a voting booth.

I'm 48 and I don't recall or maybe I wasn't as aware back then but, were the political parties always this sneaky & nasty??

Like what difference does it make--as Hillary so eloquently stated-- which party you vote for when renewing your DL????
Not a damn thing in my book....just keeping track of voters

You want to know what is going on with the feds involvement with your driver's license. Check out this thread I made March 29th, 2013. Some eye opening info got posted on what the DMV is doing for the Feds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Seriously......commmon, it was all over the net that this was happening in several states by 'acorn' type sighn up groups.

Ooops, THAT wasn't in MSM.....nevernind...

stupid people get warned repeatedly by 'the fringe' , then WHINE to the media when it actualy happens.

boohoo.....NOT!!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Oh yeah.... I remember that thread
You had hell renewing yours, trying to get all the paper work in order that you never had to do before

The wonderful 'Real ID'.........yeah, right

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

jrflipjr
Ha! Like their vote matters in California...

or anywhere else for that matter. If voting really mattered; it would be illegal!

top topics

join