It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got the no-apocalypse blues!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I used to do some light work for one of the author's who really catapulted the whole 2012 thing. I remember spotting a guy come onto his forums who had taken his book so deeply that he had quit his job, was working on stockpiling ensure and bought a RV. He was asking for advice from the author as to where he should go when it all starts to happen. It really bothered me at the time and I approached the author on it. He was dismissive about the whole thing and reassured me that the number of people who actually feared 2012 was probably very few. What a laugh.

I'm sorry that I ever was involved in any of that, even if the most I did was monitor his boards and pick a cover for one of his later books. After I parted company with him, I would direct people to a quote on his own website that said he wrote it for money. That quote is now gone so I can't even prove that anymore. I spent Dec 21, 2012 in a chat room, talking with people who were so certain. I wish I could've done more. He once told me that he wrote what he did to basically stir the pot and get people think. That was all--well and to make money because he was broke.

Anyways, I don't know if it means anything to you or if you'll even believe me, but I want to say that I'm sorry for my ever being affiliated with that stuff. I didn't believe it. Neither did he.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Have no fear!, Or rather, Have Fear! Those in control of the direction this world is heading will have plenty of scare-a-thons heading your way in the near future; that's what keeps them comfortably in charge.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Dag Nabbit!

Now I gotta go get my dog, my truck and my girlfriend back! This is worse than playing a country song backwards!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

jrflipjr
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Dag Nabbit!

Now I gotta go get my dog, my truck and my girlfriend back! This is worse than playing a country song backwards!

lol, well, you know, if you didn't plan to take them with you in the first place...

We'll leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Yes I believe that you say is true. Kinda hard to top the most notorious ELE though. Nothing else really compares.

"OMG terrorists blew up a building! Everybody panic!!"

"So? I survived freaking 2012, I can handle this."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join