Carney: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

LDragonFire
have fun with your one sided discussions.

So, let me get this straight.

You start a discussion, and when the vast majority of respondents disagree with your own sentiments, you bail in a childish manner?

Yeah, that pretty much fits with what one would expect from a typical liberal standing on a soapbox.

One observation I've had over the last 50 years of my life Professor...

It's usually a much higher fall off a Liberal soapbox, than a non Liberal one...

The longer the OP stayed in his thread, the higher his foundationless soapbox and more precarious the fall. I can see why he stomped his little foot and bailed.

Des
edit on 1-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

butcherguy

LDragonFire
reply to post by StarlightNine

If you qualify you have to sign up, its designed to cover everyone. To be successful it needs everyone. Its the law because the Supreme Court said so.
edit on 1-4-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

The Supreme Court also said that blacks are not citizens.

I think they were wrong.

If you think that the Dred Scott decision was wrong, then you agree that the SCOTUS is fallible.

They also elected Bush the second coming....

...and be thankful for that. If they hadn't, We'd already be mandated to purchase carbon credits (from Al Gore).

On a serious note, why do liberals always feel the need to holler "Bush!" whenever they're in trouble on a subject?
The economy still sucks after 5 years... Bush!
We're STILL in Afghanistan... Bush!
Obamacare is a fraudulent and destructive piece of legislation... Bush!

Really? That's all you've got?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Destinyone

ProfessorChaos

LDragonFire

You start a discussion, and when the vast majority of respondents disagree with your own sentiments, you bail in a childish manner?

Yeah, that pretty much fits with what one would expect from a typical liberal standing on a soapbox.

It's usually a much higher fall off a Liberal soapbox, than a non Liberal one...

The longer the OP stayed in his thread, the higher his foundationless soapbox and more precarious the fall. I can see why he stomped his little foot and bailed.

Des

You just made me smile. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I'd bet that those numbers are highly suspect. I wonder if they are counting "website hits" as "signups".

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

ScientiaFortisDefendit

I'd bet that those numbers are highly suspect. I wonder if they are counting "website hits" as "signups".

Exactly. One MOD here, DTOM, posted last night their horror story of the countless hours on computer and phone trying to sign up. That resulted in them having now THREE (3) active accounts, that even the navigators on the phone don't know how to make it so only one account is showing in the applicants name.

I can only assume there are many duplicate accounts, each being counted as a new sign up.

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Destinyone

ScientiaFortisDefendit

Exactly. One MOD here, DTOM, posted last night their horror story of the countless hours on computer and phone trying to sign up. That resulted in them having now THREE (3) active accounts, that even the navigators on the phone don't know how to make it so only one account is showing in the applicants name.

I can only assume there are many duplicate accounts, each being counted as a new sign up.

Des

My wife spent a MONTH trying to successfully sign up, and guess what? We have no flipping idea if we're on or off.

This is an unmitigated disaster that should be aborted as soon as humanly possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This childish argument about 7 million or not is really splitting hairs. Who really cares? If the 7 million did sign-up and they don't like their coverage, I'm sure we'll hear a huge chorus of unsatisfied Obama Care holders. On the other hand, it may surprise everyone that all these people who did sign up really like their plan!

My daughter had to sign-up for Obama Care because she was out of work. She's 26 and her plan cost her $75.00 per month. Not a bad deal in my opinion. I didn't think her coverage would be that good. However, when she did find a job she was given health care benefits from her new employer. I was relieved she found a job with health care benefits and asked her if she was going to drop the Obama Care. She said "heck no", her 75 dollar a month policy was a better health plan than what she received from her new employer!

Time will tell if this health care program will cause republicans to eat their words or democrats to hide their head in shame. I just think attacking any program that has a possibility of benefiting people until it gets off the ground, is simply premature. The Medicaid program was ridiculed when it was enacted, but now tell any elderly person who is receiving it that it's going to be taken away, and you'll have a fight on your hands.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

LDragonFire
This is a victory for Obama... a huge victory for America.

Incorrect...

This is a victory for the NWO...

"Anyone who has taken a close look at the numbers has come to the conclusion that eventually Obamacare will substantially contribute to the bankruptcy of the USA." Obamacare: The Hidden Agenda

edit on ApruTue, 01 Apr 2014 16:54:10 -05004pm30Tue, 01 Apr 2014 16:54:10 -050020145401 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

spurgeonatorsrevenge

butcherguy

LDragonFire

If you qualify you have to sign up, its designed to cover everyone. To be successful it needs everyone. Its the law because the Supreme Court said so.

I think they were wrong.

If you think that the Dred Scott decision was wrong, then you agree that the SCOTUS is fallible.

...and be thankful for that. If they hadn't, We'd already be mandated to purchase carbon credits (from Al Gore).

But instead we to pay for a trillion plus dollar war,new government agencies, patriot act and gas effectively tripled from where it had been for decades. Oh, and half the economy evaporated in a year which we have still not bounced back from.

but wait, tell me about carbon taxes some more...

edit on 1-4-2014 by spurgeonatorsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Destinyone

ProfessorChaos

LDragonFire

Des

That's because liberals attack other liberals, conservatives fall in line to protect the entire front.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

WeRpeonsThe Medicaid program was ridiculed when it was enacted, but now tell any elderly person who is receiving it that it's going to be taken away, and you'll have a fight on your hands.

While I get where you're coming from in your remarks, what you have stated above is a reflection of the entitlement mentality. It's only natural that when a certain number of people are GIVEN something, they aren't going to want you to take it away because they've grown to rely on it, which is essentially living beyond your means.

But, what about those that are asked to pay the difference so that the others can enjoy the discount? Screw them?

That is exactly what this system is doing. Giving to some, taking from others, and telling them to suck it up and stop crying about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Murgatroid

LDragonFire
This is a victory for Obama... a huge victory for America.

Incorrect...

This is a victory for the NWO...

"Anyone who has taken a close look at the numbers has come to the conclusion that eventually Obamacare will substantially contribute to the bankruptcy of the USA." Obamacare: The Hidden Agenda

edit on ApruTue, 01 Apr 2014 16:54:10 -05004pm30Tue, 01 Apr 2014 16:54:10 -050020145401 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

Where'd you dig up that fine propaganda piece? It is anti logical, if such a word existed.

So, the article wants me to believe that people who love government, want to ruin the government???

How does even resemble a valid premise or argument?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

ProfessorChaos

spurgeonatorsrevenge

butcherguy

LDragonFire

I think they were wrong.

But instead we to pay for a trillion plus dollar war,new government agencies, patriot act and gas effectively tripled from where it had been for decades. Oh, and half the economy evaporated in a year which we have still not bounced back from.

I'll do better than that. How about we talk about Obama's handling of the deficit and debt? How much has he spent so far?

A trillion is a drop in the bucket compared to the economic devastation that Obama has wreaked on this country in his 5 years in office.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Gosh, Destinyone....that sounds suspiciously like what happened in the last presidential election.....hmmmm...

I think I'm seeing a pattern here. I wonder how many of the 7.1 million sign-ups are actually living human beings?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

WeRpeonsThe Medicaid program was ridiculed when it was enacted, but now tell any elderly person who is receiving it that it's going to be taken away, and you'll have a fight on your hands.

While I get where you're coming from in your remarks, what you have stated above is a reflection of the entitlement mentality. It's only natural that when a certain number of people are GIVEN something, they aren't going to want you to take it away because they've grown to rely on it, which is essentially living beyond your means.

But, what about those that are asked to pay the difference so that the others can enjoy the discount? Screw them?

That is exactly what this system is doing. Giving to some, taking from others, and telling them to suck it up and stop crying about it.

The economic system is exactly the same, and it is in favor of the rich.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Again......missing the point. The "Affordable Care Act" is about as much about health care reform as Bill Clinton was about marital fidelity.

This is about government control of every aspect of the American citizen's life. Plain and simple. (Well, not simple, really...since the bill was so massively big nobody who voted for it had any idea what was actually IN the danged thing.)

Just another way to tell us what we can and cannot do.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

spurgeonatorsrevenge

ProfessorChaos

spurgeonatorsrevenge

butcherguy

LDragonFire

I think they were wrong.

I'll do better than that. How about we talk about Obama's handling of the deficit and debt? How much has he spent so far?

A trillion is a drop in the bucket compared to the economic devastation that Obama has wreaked on this country in his 5 years in office.

Oh ya thats right, Osama Bin Laden is dead, we are out of Iraq, the American car industry is booming, exports are at their highest level in decades, housing prices have rebounded, domestic oil production is at its highest rate in 25 years, new construction is up and unemployment has dropped a full percent in a year. Give me Bush and fumbling aday

Note the DOW was at 10,901 as Bush spoke

Today the DOW was at 16,532 as Obama sits in DC today, such a failure.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

WeRpeons
This childish argument about 7 million or not is really splitting hairs. Who really cares? If the 7 million did sign-up and they don't like their coverage, I'm sure we'll hear a huge chorus of unsatisfied Obama Care holders. On the other hand, it may surprise everyone that all these people who did sign up really like their plan!

My daughter had to sign-up for Obama Care because she was out of work. She's 26 and her plan cost her $75.00 per month. Not a bad deal in my opinion. I didn't think her coverage would be that good. However, when she did find a job she was given health care benefits from her new employer. I was relieved she found a job with health care benefits and asked her if she was going to drop the Obama Care. She said "heck no", her 75 dollar a month policy was a better health plan than what she received from her new employer!

Time will tell if this health care program will cause republicans to eat their words or democrats to hide their head in shame. I just think attacking any program that has a possibility of benefiting people until it gets off the ground, is simply premature. The Medicaid program was ridiculed when it was enacted, but now tell any elderly person who is receiving it that it's going to be taken away, and you'll have a fight on your hands.

I'm happy for your daughter, she is one of the few stories that have a happy ending. On that note, I'd like to ask. Did the Obamacare policy she got for a mere $75.00 a month come with subsidies that got it that low for her. As you stated she was out of work when she got it, so probably qualified for a substantial discount.

If that is so. Now that she IS working in a PAID job, and refusing to take the job offered health care plan, INSTEAD opting to hold on to her $75.00 a month policy through Obamacare. Does this mean she's opting for the taxpayers to subsidize her cheaper insurance?

Or, are you saying, she is now covered by BOTH her new paid job, and her cheap Obamacare policy.

A fair question, I think...

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok, Ok, Ok,,,, I know, we all heard the news report, they not only met but exceeded his goal of 7 million.
But My Friends,,,, Do You Remember,,, OH,,, You Have to Remember Obamas Lies of not to long ago, Can you believe this Administration Today!

Don't Kill The Messenger Obama Faithfuls, I'm Just Saying,,,,,,Can He Be Trusted, Obama does have a track record of Lying?
Can you trust Nancy Pelosi, Liar of the House.

Does any one Truly believe they have Seven Million People Happily signed up for Obamacare
REALLY?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

Osama Bin Laden is dead, - by a group created during the Bush Administration
we are out of Iraq - the Bush admin cut the deal
the American car industry is booming - like the Chevy Cruze...booming...LOL...foriegn car builders more like it...
exports are at their highest level in decades - of oil...that we need...and furs..Dairy...Sugar...liquor...and vehicles (see below) I mean, we are a superpower so we should but the admin did not create this...
housing prices have rebounded - no, they have not rebounded. Interest rates are basically 0% so more people are buying pushing a market...nothing from the admin did this...
domestic oil production is at its highest rate in 25 years and the majority goes to China..while the current admin tells us we cannot have a pipeline that would create jobs and lessen foreign dependence
new construction is up - based on refi loan programs that cannot be supported by our current admin
unemployment has dropped a full percent in a year - Unemployment dropped or long term unemployment rose? You know the true answer

Obama has done nothing but push blame and party with Jay Z. Seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join