Carney: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

President Barack Obama will address the milestone with a statement from the Rose Garden at 4:15 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

On Monday, more than 4.8 million visits were made to HealthCare.gov and 2 million calls were made to the call center, the official said.

The administration has not released details about the numbers, including how many people have submitted payment, ensuring their coverage.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office originally projected the 7 million target, which was embraced by administration officials.

CNN

For all of you that said this couldn't be done, well here it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

LDragonFire

President Barack Obama will address the milestone with a statement from the Rose Garden at 4:15 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

On Monday, more than 4.8 million visits were made to HealthCare.gov and 2 million calls were made to the call center, the official said.

The administration has not released details about the numbers, including how many people have submitted payment, ensuring their coverage.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office originally projected the 7 million target, which was embraced by administration officials.

CNN

Who is doing the counting?
The same guy that told us we could keep our plan if we liked it?
Period.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Oh... and this...

If there were 45 million uninsured before the ACA became law, why didn't all of them sign up?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

butcherguy

LDragonFire

CNN

Period.

Your not reading what is clearly posted:

From link provided....

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

How many of those have actually paid? Signing up is entirely different than actually paying the bill.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by doubletap

Sign a home loan and not pay or sign a auto loan and don't pay..... please this is the same stuff preached about on right wing news...remember they said they would not meet the 7 mil and they just did.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Sign a home loan and not pay or sign a auto loan and don't pay..... please this is the same stuff preached about on right wing news...remember they said they would not meet the 7 mil and they just did.

Did they?
You actually trust the Obama Administration to give you the truth?

If you like your plan.... you can keep your plan. < That is a period there.
edit on b000000302014-04-01T13:44:41-05:0001America/ChicagoTue, 01 Apr 2014 13:44:41 -0500100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

LDragonFire

So if 7 million sign up and only 3 million pay, we can expect you to come back to this post and update the totals and admit that it failed then correct?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

LDragonFire

butcherguy

LDragonFire

CNN

Period.

Your not reading what is clearly posted:

From link provided....

Did you read the word "projected"?
What does that word mean?
Like Dewey was "projected" to beat Truman?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Anyway, where is the CBO getting their numbers?
From the website?
From Sebelius?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Or like fox news and all other pundits picked Romney lol

This is a victory for Obama... a huge victory for America.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Please forgive this seemingly stupid question.
I am abroad now and unable to get a definitive answer, as I keep hearing conflicting messages.
Is the health care now mandatory for every citizen?
I hear it is, then it is not. I hear if you don't sign up the IRS steps in. I am entirely unsure of what is going on with it. Not even sure where this 'sign-in' is supposed to occur?

Sorry for the ignorance on it, I'm away from regular news.
I am just unsure if it truly is mandatory on pain of monetary fines, and if so, from whom, and how much? :/

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What about the 7 million who were dropped from their insurance on jan 1st?

So if 7 million were dropped and 7 million have signed up. Then we are still at "zero".

Sheep tend to blindly follow the butcher into the slaughter house.

Bhaaaa. Bahhaaaa

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
And we believe Jay Carney, the Sock Puppet's ventriloquist's dummy? This is the same type of "accounting accuracy" that gives us all those rosy unemployment figures.

I don't know WHY the term "hoodwinked" keeps popping into my head.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So they hit the number? Big deal! How many of them are the young and healthy? They need them to support this train wreck.

And the government will never admit it when it does fail. They will just keep throwing made up money at it.

After all, what is another trillion in the hole?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I glad some sound high and mighty on this ACA plan, Health Plans costs have skyrocketed, many employers cut hours, some even laid off workers and theres a number of other things are bad about this plan, mainly employers encouraging worker to use the ACA, now thats something else I'm well aware of; It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out why that is!!!

So, I guess if you like social government control (forced to purchase) it's the right plan for you. If the government didn't fine people ( oh, excuse me tax people) they would have a lot less signups and thats a fact... thats why it took until the deadline to reach that number?

I guess these Pro ACA people know in order to get the money to help insure millions there are new taxes (fines), "the individual mandate and employer mandate". and don't forget Insurance companies must cover all people regardless of health conditions which has caused increases to cost of everyones insurance.

Nothing but wasted money... and a new way for the elite government to collect tax dollars and spend, spend, spend

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

StarlightNine

Please forgive this seemingly stupid question.
I am abroad now and unable to get a definitive answer, as I keep hearing conflicting messages.
Is the health care now mandatory for every citizen?
I hear it is, then it is not. I hear if you don't sign up the IRS steps in. I am entirely unsure of what is going on with it. Not even sure where this 'sign-in' is supposed to occur?

Sorry for the ignorance on it, I'm away from regular news.
I am just unsure if it truly is mandatory on pain of monetary fines, and if so, from whom, and how much? :/

Yes.
It is the Law, according to Obama.

Here:

Michiganders who are eligible for Michigan's expanded Medicaid program can apply starting on Tuesday, April 1. The plan is available to residents ages 19 to 64 who are not currently eligible for Medicaid or Medicare, and earn up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level, which is about $16,000 for a single person and $33,000 for a family of four.

If you don't fall into one of those categories and you still don't have health insurance, then you could be subject to the individual mandate. Starting this year, the Affordable Care Act requires people to pay a government fee if they don't have minimum health coverage, with some exceptions.

The fee in 2014 is 1 percent of your annual income or $95 per person, whichever is higher. The fee for uninsured children is $47.50 each, with a maximum of $285 per family.

By 2016 those fees jump to up to $695 per person or 2.5 percent of income, whichever is larger. The fee will be billed through the IRS.

If you have health insurance, you'll get a form from your insurer that verifies your coverage, and you'll need to submit that with your tax return. If you don't have coverage, the IRS will either withhold the fee amount from your tax refund or bill you if you owe money.

You won't have to pay if you're uninsured for fewer than three months of the year, have "very low income" and can't afford insurance or don't have to file a tax return, are a member of an Indian tribe or a recognized religious sect that objects to health insurance.

Link
I hope that helps.
You can be on your parents healthcare until your 26 years old if your living at home.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StarlightNine

If you qualify you have to sign up, its designed to cover everyone. To be successful it needs everyone. Its the law because the Supreme Court said so.
edit on 1-4-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

So they hit the number? Big deal! How many of them are the young and healthy? They need them to support this train wreck. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Correct, That's The Answer to the 7 Billion Dollar Question!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

LDragonFire
reply to post by StarlightNine

If you qualify you have to sign up, its designed to cover everyone. To be successful it needs everyone. Its the law because the Supreme Court said so.

Ah, One must qualify. So it is not mandatory 'law' then.
Thank you for answering that question LDragon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join