It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Landstuhl claims over 20.000 wounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Landstuhl US military hospital has treated over 20.000 heavily wounded US soldiers from Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. This contradicts the Pentagon's claims which numbers the total number of wounded US soldiers at 9.500

www.atimes.com
Just how many are left uncounted? 60 Minutes asked the Pentagon for an interview. It declined. Instead, it sent a letter, which contains a figure not included in published casualty reports: "More than 15,000 troops with so-called 'non-battle' injuries and diseases have been evacuated from Iraq." It is worth noting that is more than the total strength of a single Army division. It is true that most of these cases are not life threatening and many are not even serious. But only 20% return to their units in Iraq. Among those who don't return are soldiers and Marines who suffered crushing bone fractures, spinal injuries, heart problems and psychiatric disorders. And, as noted above, amputations.

The number of injured US military personnel arriving at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany this month reached its highest level since April. The troops coming there in the second week of November have been more seriously injured than usual, and twice as many have been wounded in battle, according to the hospital commander, Army Colonel Rhonda Cornum. She said 419 patients had been flown for treatment to Landstuhl since November 8, the day after the offensive began in Fallujah.

About half the patients admitted since the offensive started have needed to be hospitalized. Usually most patients receive outpatient care. Doctors have been working longer shifts and skipping days off. The number of beds in the medical-surgical ward has grown from 64 to 117. The intensive care unit has gone from 20 to 27 beds. Since the beginning of the war in Afghanistan, the staff at Landstuhl has treated 20,330 patients. More than 17,200 came from Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The official Pentagon figure, 9.500 contains light and seriously wounded troops. So i think it's safe to say that the Pentagon is practicing a casuality figure makeover at least times four (iE officially declaring only one-fourth of the real casuality figure)

[edit on 11-26-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I don�t see the problem in posting the real numbers of deaths from this invasion, it�s not like the Americans will be upset, they�re used to having their people die in faraway lands.
For the political and financial gains of the �elite ruling class�

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The difference in numbers is if your in an auto accident it's not counted the same as if you were hit by a bullet The pentagon's claim is there's x percentage of accidents no matter where a soldier is at thus they use two seperate counts - one for actual battle wounds & the other from stupid human mistakes.

The only problem I see is they might be driving a bit faster to keep from getting shot at - thus there's probably more accidents. You also have to consider they may not be compensated in the same way, but that I don't know.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Come on, now. Wake up and smell the coffee.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Civil servants no longer have any grasp of what true data is or means.

They obfuscate as a matter of habit and policy.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

By Sauron
I don�t see the problem in posting the real numbers of deaths from this invasion, it�s not like the Americans will be upset, they�re used to having their people die in faraway lands.

You don't? That�s what brought the end of Vietnam. It's also the reason photos of coffins coming back from Iraq have been banned by this government. They learned that lesson; they know the effect the reality of death has on people.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I agree with KEGS. This has southeast asia written all over it. A friend of mine whom shall remain nameless used to be the hosptial administrater up in Walter Reed and said the figure is closer to 25,000. The previous figure quoted by the orginal post did not count on the wounded enemy that we had to bring over here for specialized medical treatment. What we have here is nothing short of a black hole. The Pentagon can't see the light in front of it's nose. Our govt. continues to micromanage this war from the White House. In my opinion, Bush needs to let the darn people in the Pentagon go on and get this thing over with. If we would have gone on and turned the major hot spots in the Sunni Triangle to rubble and secured Iraq's borders to prevent other "freedom fighters" from entering, we would hace accomplished two objectives 1. our chances of reduced wounded personell of ours would have been much lower 2. and Iraq would be closer to having their elections. But do you really think that Washington would have been able to do this? nooooo....... The only true positive I see from this whole mess is that it is keeping those who are in charge of wepons systems and related war making material with the secure thought of job security

[edit on 27-11-2004 by invent4u2]

top topics

join