It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are "Social Justice Warriors" mentally ill or just stupid?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by doubletap

My issue is that these nutjobs could infect the next generation , or do even more damage by forcing their psychosis on the masses through governmental policy.

You mean the nut jobs that keep old archaic lifestyle alive and kill any "liberal" thinking?

Yeah im worried about those nut jobs infecting the next generation as well.

That is how its done! why change it eh?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

doubletap
My issue is that these nutjobs could infect the next generation , or do even more damage by forcing their psychosis on the masses through governmental policy.

Hmmm...not unlike George W. Bush and Dick Cheney and their War on Terror, War in Iraq, War in Afghanistan...so, you see, any hard core partisan "nut job" can do damage to the rest of society - not just so called "social justice warriors" LOL! whatever that is...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

theantediluvian

You've obviously missed the irony in whining online about other people whining online. What conclusions should we draw about a guy calling himself "doubletap" and going on about the "leftist takeover" of college campuses? Garden variety Internet tough guy? There's no shortage of them in Internet forums either.

Asking if they are mentally ill is hardly whining

You wont find a single internet tough guy theme in any of my posts because I'm not one. Those fools are just as bad as the SJW's.

If you want to debate the leftist takeover of higher education, I would gladly oblige you in another thread on that topic.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

I believe they are so loud about it because they think if they can find other nutjobs who subscribe to that particular way of thinking, they wont feel like the human freakshows they are generally viewed as.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
Social justice is just another term to go with diversity. ALL HAIL DIVERSITY!!!
The only thing it accomplishes is to drive wedges between those they are trying to unite.

Very much worth repeating!!!

Being a middle class [former] person, I feel neither side gets reality. The poor feed off the rich [and all their supporters] but someone has to cough up money to finance both sides. Nutjobs all around.
I don't need the 'net to see this, the 'battle' is happening in my own city.
I now have a social phobia because I am sick and tired of just plain stupid that neither side sees or is willing to see.
I agree with you Hoosier, but try telling what you said to the vast majority.
Going back to my lurk cave now...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

doubletap
I'm sure people who spend any amount of time online has had the unfortunate, yet hilarious experience of dealing with "social justice warriors". I believe these creatures, who whine about everything they can think of, and in alot of cases just make stuff up, are a product of the leftist takeover of college campuses and the education system in general.

They tend to frequent sites like twitter, reddit, and tumblr, and if you need a good laugh, there is more material than you could ever want to see.

Are they mentally ill, or is it another case of creatures not having anything close to a foothold in reality?

It is a "victim mentality".

They can't take responsibility for their own actions, so they place the blame on someone else.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Are they mentally ill, or is it another case of creatures not having anything close to a foothold in reality?

Who is more "mentally ill" the people who point out flaws in the system or the people that support a failure of a system that we have in America.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

rupertg
"What did liberals do that was so offensive to the Republican Party? I’ll tell you what they did. Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act.

What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things, every one. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, ‘Liberal,’ as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won’t work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor."

Written by: Lawrence O'Donnell Jr.

A quick reading of history would prove many of those contentions wrong.

Facts get in the way of emotional speeches though

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

buster2010

Who is more "mentally ill" the people who point out flaws in the system or the people that support a failure of a system that we have in America.

Like the DNC or Obamacare?

(post by doubletap removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The people who support the goofy ideas of the SJW are just as goofy because they don't live in the real world either.
Whats your take on that?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

buster2010

You are not pointing out flaws in "the system" when you propose a bureaucratic solution to a private matter. You are celebrating and expanding "the system".

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

palmalBlue2

The people who support the goofy ideas of the SJW are just as goofy because they don't live in the real world either.
Whats your take on that?

They are the same as the SJW's. The contribute to the schizophrenic behavior.

Exile all of them to an island and let them live out their years coming up with new crap to be offended about. That, or hopefully falling coconuts will knock some sense into them

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

doubletap

palmalBlue2

Whats your take on that?

Exile all of them to an island and let them live out their years coming up with new crap to be offended about. That, or hopefully falling coconuts will knock some sense into them

I think an island would be too small.
Wall off D.C. and put them there, heavily guarded of course.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

so called "social justice warriors" LOL! whatever that is...

I think if you knew what they were and what they were about you would agree with OP.

These are the people that call everything sexist. If one feminist says she doesn't like the color pink because it's too girly these are the folks that will call her sexist. They are the ones that look down on 'cisgendered' people, white people, and men. It's an enormous pity party party and the more 'oppressed' you are the more points you get. These are the people who get mad if you call something dumb, because it's 'ableist'. Can't go insulting dumb people.

Since I'm young, straight, white, identify as a male (and actually have a penis), am not disabled and have some conservative leanings I am not allowed to comment and have any opinion on anything according to these folks. I'm the problem because I am who I am. I apparently am against gay people, people of color, women, transgendered people, disabled people and equality.

These are the people who hate thin people. 'Thin privilege ' is a problem. One lady was complaining that thin people don't have to pay extra to get a large bathtub installed and thought it was awful that it costs more to make a tub 2x as big that she could fit in. Snide remarks about not eating enough and being unhealthy because they are fit. Insisting there is absolutely no correlation between being obese and unhealthy.

These are the people that say everything is rape. If a guy looks at a girls butt he literally raped her. If a guy opens a door for a woman he is oppressing her. Even if he holds the door open for another guy at the same time. These people are to social justice as PETA is to animal rights.

They spout this nonsense without a hint of hypocrisy because they think they're oh so oppressed so it's justified. I'm all for equality, but not bringing it about by bringing other people down.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Couldn't have said it better. Saved me lots of typing.

Irony indeed. If we were to judge from just some of the threads started or posted in by the OP...well, we won't go there. Nope. Because that would be a whole different kind of mental illness discussion and off topic.
edit on 4/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

beezzer

buster2010

Like the DNC or Obamacare?

Was the term failure of a system too complex for you? Do you think the ACA is the only failure in our system or is it the one you are currently whining about? Why did you only mention the DNC? Surely you don't think the RNC is any better than them if you do then please seek medical help. Both the DNC and RNC are failures and have been for quite a while. They have been in charge of this country for the last 150 years and look at the shape this nation is in.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

greencmp

buster2010

You are not pointing out flaws in "the system" when you propose a bureaucratic solution to a private matter. You are celebrating and expanding "the system".

When you are pointing out flaws that allowed people to crash the economy for profit then it is not a private matter it is a national matter because it effects everyone in one way or another.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So if you find the Social Justice Workers as being offensive and needing "fixed", doesn't that cause some sort of paradox? How many of us need to label them as an offensive group before they boycott themselves?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

doubletap

palmalBlue2

Whats your take on that?

So are you saying freedom of speech is only for certain people? So who is allowed to have that right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join