It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian air fighters shoot down german military aircrafts.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hello, I dont know if I am the first one posting this.

2 Russian Su-30 shoot down 2 German Eurofighters in Baltic seas. Both pilots are missing and they search for them rescue crews.

It happened while ago.. Here is the greek news, u can add the link into google trsanslator..

link

edit on 1-4-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

dont you have a link to back this up?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The source is in greek. Google-Translating it now...

EDIT

There it is. Google translated - not the best, I know, but it should give us the general idea.

According to preliminary information the two German Eurofighter took off from the airport in the Baltic in order to intercept the Russian fighter Su-30 that had taken off from the airport in Kaliningrad accompanying intelligence aircraft / naval cooperation IL-20 mission in monitoring the activities of the NATO exercise "Frisian Flag "launched today with the participation of 50 NATO fighter.

Sometime in the eastern Baltic two Eurofighter approached very close to Il-20 (this is the Russian version of the U.S. P-3C Orion) and it seems to have sent a letter request to be removed from the area is bound by the Baltic republics to a traineeship.

Beyond is unknown how involved two Russian Su-30 in a tough dogfight few minutes using missile air-to-air short-range (R-73).

Russian agencies report that initial warning shots were thrown from the Eurofighter in Il-20 and then when German aircraft refused to obey the request of pilots of Su-30 to remove tried to come in firing parameters thus react Russian fighters follow dogfight that led to the breaking of the German fighter.

Unlike Berlin broadcast that germnaika fighter shot down without warning while they were approaching the 20th-Il . It received a missile air-to-air short-range AA-11 Archer (R-73)

This time big business has launched search and rescue operations in the Baltic to find pilots of Eurofighter.

OP, you sure this is not an april's fool thing?

edit on 1-4-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

try now and reply me back, I edit it... Here it is again, via google translator, I did the job for u

link translated

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
First thought: 4/1

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Any sources? I have high doubt about anything like that happening as I live in Baltics. The media generally picks up things very fast round here and not a single word on it so far. Seems more like an April´s fools news, failed one though, not funny.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I did a quick search of the Europe and Germap media... nothing so far.

I would recommend you put down the link you saw/read this info from.

Starting threads the way you did is.... problematic. IMO.

If you are correct, strap yourself in cause it is about to start.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
How come there's no other news about what would be a fairly major incident?

April fool joke is probably up there with the explanations.
edit on 1/4/2014 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

it happened 2 hours ago.. its fresh I dont know why they dont make it news yet, but its all over my country... You will learn eventually..

link   
April fools?

Perhaps?

link   
April fools?

EDIT:

Ok i see you gave us the translation, I still think it's an April fools Joke, and a poor one at that, but I could be proven wrong. Any other sources? Seems like this would be Huge news...
edit on 4/1/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: to add Edit

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Ploutonas
reply to post by swanne

try now and reply me back, I edit it... Here it is again, via google translator, I did the job for u

link translated

Whoops, we were both doing it at the same time.

Well, there we go. Thanks for both the link - it now works indeed - and the translation, mate!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoEmperor

This is to risky for a military website and other blogs in Greece, to be aprils fools.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
EDIT: Disregard.
edit on 1-4-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Ploutonas
reply to post by Cabin

it happened 2 hours ago.. its fresh I dont know why they dont make it news yet, but its all over my country... You will learn eventually..

If it happen 2 hours ago it would be plastered on every news site. It would likely be a banner on local programming also. This "incident" would essentially be the first shots of WW3 if it were real, which its not. If it is I will gladly eat crow and will forever keep my opinions to myself.....well maybe.. :p

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
April fools! You have 15 minutes till the nukes start to fall!
Wait that's not funny.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A little more on DefenceNet.gr
www.defencenet.gr...
"DEFENCENET MEDIA Ltd is the largest media group on Defence, Security and Foreign policy issues in Greece, a country that spends most for national security per citizen of all the members’ states of NATO. With an average of 20.000 copies sold on a monthly basis, an equivalent of 60.000 readers based on a recent readership research, and 68.000 monthly visitors on the unique defense and security news portal www.defencenet.gr (in Greek and English language), DEFENCENET MEDIA Ltd is currently the most powerful and trustworthy source of confidential information in its field in the whole of Southeastern Europe.

On October 2006, DEFENCENET MEDIA Ltd launched the first IPTV portal for defense and security in Greece: www.defencenet.tv, featuring live or in video military topics, armament related news, war and terrorist issues. In addition, visitors can perform fast and secured transactions choosing from a variety of products ranging from magazines and military equipment to electronic apparatus of spy / counter spy level.

Head of DEFENCENET MEDIA Ltd is Mr. Georgios Gragoulis.
Director is the reporter and correspondent in Greece of the American edition of “Defense News”, Mr. Periklis Zorzovilis.
Commercial Director is Mr. Alexandros Malatestas. "

This may be legit, however, it wouldn't be the first time a site was hacked on April 1st.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
April fools , folks .Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If Nato was having an exercise, and saw that 2 of its fighters got shot down, you would think they would send more fighters to intercept, or maybe it was over before it even happened. I just dont see this happening

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Apparently, this was reported 8 hours ago on an ungodly site that banned me.....hmmmm, this is April.
Something doesn't smell right.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join