It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Venezuela?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Thurisaz
OMG a Gorilla raped him?

Is this legit or are you being funny?

No English translation so I have no idea what he is saying?

The set up is that he is telling the people that he invited the opposition to sit down and talk but they refused and that know they want to talk.

He asks the people there if they know the story of chooky looky. He then goes on to tell the story of a guy who was telling a friend that he was sad because he had gone on vacation to Africa. While walking through the jungle he ran into a ten foot gorilla. The Gorilla said, "Your life or chooky looky"? The friend asks what happened and the guy says can't you see that I am alive.

So what he is saying is that the opposition tried to pull something and got shafted so now they want to talk.

edit on 1-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

In a speech over the weekend loaded with “Chucky” references, Maduro called jailed opposition leader Leopoldo López, who has been held in a military prison for a month and is accused of fomenting violence, “Crazy Chucky.” Another leading opposition figure, congresswoman María Corina Machado, is also a “Crazy Chucky,” Maduro said.

He then told a rambling, ribald joke about Henrique Capriles, the opposition leader Maduro defeated in last year’s election by 1.5 percentage points, calling him “Chucky Lucky.” The joke’s punch line was that Capriles had been sexually assaulted by a large gorilla while visiting Africa and was lucky to survive.

Venezuela president pushes back, using bellicose words and brute force

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

It's nothing more than another version of the "death by bunga bunga" joke.

He starts off by saying "I invited them to come 4 weeks ago" and then tells the joke, finally tying it in to Capriles.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interesting developments

Can't wait for the CIA or Israel is behind it mob to arrive in this thread, they should be here in ... Oh wait

Crazy bunch

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

This is much bigger than the CIA... The government in venezuela has been corrupted since just before i was born there in Caracas (1984).. The issue there is that my country had so much wealth it is hard to believe, and oil isnt the only one. We have all sorts of precious minerals like gold and diamonds and many others...
What i find funny is this being talked about and the level of accuracy is so low i being from that beautiful but corrupt country had to chime in.

The issue is actually quite alarming, cuba is involved therefor the russians are, also as mentioned china has a big eye on Venezuela... The us wont get involved due to the threat that will be brought to the main land of USA. Chavez and maduro are both corrupt politicians with narco connections in Colombia, and im not saying they are the only ones... Here is about the same but they do a MUCH better job at hiding it...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Im pretty sure a few days ago I read that the Venezuelan Gov't is pretty much attempting to shut down the internet throughout the country during the riots. That may be another reason why it's hard even to find alternative news on the situation.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lightedhype

Thing is they hardly talk about this on english speaking news, watch the spanish news and they talk about it all the time...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

That makes sense.
Thanks for clarifying it.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

wow so Maduro was joking ... thanks for the news link and info.

Seems to me, those jokes could sway the public.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lifeishigh

Thank you for 'chiming' in. Your replies are valued, you live there and so would know what is going on.

The only info I have been getting is via the two Twitter accounts on page one of the thread and via social media. Not much to be said in mainstream news.

If protests caused 30+ deaths in mainstream society, it would be all over the news. I am starting to feel like the deaths don't really matter because it has happened in 'that' country. I hope you understand what I mean.

Terrible.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Nah i dont live there, id be one of the dead if i did lol, i wad just born there as most of my fam so obviously we try to keep informed.
Ya its a tragedy man, no offenve taken. But ya its not talked about due to high tensions between my corrupt countries politicians and those of here. But further more Venezuela, believe it or not has alot of other countries interest like russia(cuba), china,iran,lybia and many others, so as u can imagine they want to stay as far away from venezuela as they can here, specially more than ever now with this russian issue.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Finla nd Newspaper attacks Venezuela Venezuelan pictures illustrating not complaining

The statement from President Nicolas Maduro on much of the foreign media coverage misrepresents the reality that exists in our country continues to receive examples that prove him right .
So, on Thursday a Finnish newspaper, the 'Helsinki Times, published an article on the current situation in Venezuela in a tone 'anti-mature'.
With this, the reporters who wrote this rather long text did not bother to add a suitable photograph .
The image is described as "Millions of protesters in eastern Caracas February 27 protest against dictatorial government actions" several people sustaining a sign with words ... are in Finnish language.
Turns out the photo accompanying the article was taken in Helsinki, during the protests of local residents on March 11 against the construction of a nuclear power plant in northern Finland.
This example shows that some of the fighters of the media war that erupted around the situation in Venezuela are not sufficiently trained to meet the goals set before them by Washington

media misrepresentation and war... "goals set out by Washington" hmm

CIA
edit on CDT07uSat, 05 Apr 2014 07:53:20 -05005320am94 by Thurisaz because: can't fix glitch... translated from spanish to english issue

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Capriles Radonski is of Sephardi Jewish and Ashkenazi Jewish descent;

en.wikipedia.org...
oh noes, the CIA and yet another closet ZIONIST...?

i knew that's what i was going to find before I even googled it
scary that the plot is SO PREDICTABLE...
init
just like nazis and the IDF working together as "brothers" in ukraine where the US spent billions destablizing that country...
just like georgia...and that tie eating watchyamacallit
geez just like John ( i just discovered I'm jewish ) Kerry
etc

just like every other country with opium, oil or pipelines...
and wheat ( watch the future for what goes down with wheat )

edit on Monam4b20144America/Chicago21 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monam4b20144America/Chicago08 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monam4b20144America/Chicago07 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join