It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Obamacare Approval rating

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by rickynews

I disagree about the GOP wanting voter Id to stop fraud. Like I said before it's not because there racist either..... They just know poor people vote dem.... And poor people have a harder time getting or replacing ids. It's stratagy just like the gerrymandering done after the last census. If not the wouldn't be cutting early voting days and stopping Sunday voting. That has nothing to do with IDs.

Voter turn-out is the goal of both political parties, and it ebbs and flows depending on the particular election cycle we are in at the time.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews[/

I've only seen the GOP try and restrict voters. I don't think it's by some moral high ground that the dems arnt. Just the numbers game I mentioned earlier. The dems know the more people that vote the better chance they have. The GoP knows the more republicans that vote gives them a better shot.

I'm really not trying to make a false equivalency or you think I'm saying the dems arnt dirty. Just that they put there dirtyness where it will benifit them.

If you agree that there's more dems that don't vote then the GOP that doesn't vote. Then doesn't that mean that the majority of the country prefers to lean left? So for all the constitution talk. Y'all are crapping on it by not allowing the will of the people to rule.... It's the will of the voter.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by rickynews[/

I've only seen the GOP try and restrict voters. I don't think it's by some moral high ground that the dems arnt. Just the numbers game I mentioned earlier. The dems know the more people that vote the better chance they have. The GoP knows the more republicans that vote gives them a better shot.

I'm really not trying to make a false equivalency or you think I'm saying the dems arnt dirty. Just that they put there dirtyness where it will benifit them.

If you agree that there's more dems that don't vote then the GOP that doesn't vote. Then doesn't that mean that the majority of the country prefers to lean left? So for all the constitution talk. Y'all are crapping on it by not allowing the will of the people to rule.... It's the will of the voter.

No, what I'm saying is that both Dems and GOP try to get their supporters to Vote, and elections do run in cycles. Historically, Americans have changed control of Congress in mid-term elections more often than not, and when one party or the other wins an election, it is for two main reasons...(i) because more voters of that winning party voted, and (ii) the so-called "swing voters" and Independents voted for the winning party's candidates. I believe the swing-voters and Independents generally tip the scales one way or the other in nearly every election.
edit on 16-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I agree when counting the voters. What if some geni made every American vote? Do the swing voters still decide the Winner?

I don't think so... To be fair it's speculation either way. No ones ever polled everyone.

But if the demographics hold true across the board. Then it's really not even close nationally.... Or I guess to clarify. It would be close ( 10 million out of the 300+ million Americans) but not at all close enough to swing either way.

That said. The rigging of the game discusts me. The Gerry meandering and voter suppression shouldn't be allowed. IMHO the GOP knows there in the minority nationally. So there pulling every string they can to stay relevant while the world changes around them. The dems playing the race card just isn't on the same level as that. I really think that kinda stuff is treasonish.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

ArtemisE

I agree when counting the voters. What if some geni made every American vote? Do the swing voters still decide the Winner?

I don't think so... To be fair it's speculation either way. No ones ever polled everyone.

But if the demographics hold true across the board. Then it's really not even close nationally.... Or I guess to clarify. It would be close ( 10 million out of the 300+ million Americans) but not at all close enough to swing either way.

That said. The rigging of the game discusts me. The Gerry meandering and voter suppression shouldn't be allowed. IMHO the GOP knows there in the minority nationally. So there pulling every string they can to stay relevant while the world changes around them. The dems playing the race card just isn't on the same level as that. I really think that kinda stuff is treasonish.

I don't think there is any rigging of elections, since most local, county, state and national elections have boards and workers that are made of both political parties, and want to ensure a fair election. I'm sure they also closely watch eachother.

If you are referring to the GOP being more fervent in protecting the election laws as it relates to voter fraud, then I would say that somebody's got to make sure that the people that vote are actually eligible to vote. I don't think the GOP trusts the DNC on this issue, as when there is voter fraud discovered, it is usually always in the Democratic candidate's favor, and rarely in the GOP candidate's favor. That is another reason there is so much suspicion that the GOP has on voter fraud issues. In other words, checks and balances are good for the integrity of elections, and I don't blame the GOP for taking a position that will serve that objective, without in any way restricting eligible voter's their right to vote.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Most of the county election boards for the swing states are held by republican majorities. Gerrymandering happened. It's well known and obvious. They split up all the black communities amongst all the rural GOP areas in too small of populations for there votes to count. It's not a secret.... Right wing radio doesn't talk about it but no secret.

It was a census year a few years back and the GOP was smart enough to plan ahead. All legal. Morally detestable, but legal.

That and all the cutting short early voting and Sunday voteing and having one or two polls for the urban centers with millions of voters. While having multiple in rural areas that vote GOP.

They target black people.. But not for racial reasons. Not because the rep. Think African Americans are inferior, but because they all vote dem.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

ArtemisE

Most of the county election boards for the swing states are held by republican majorities. Gerrymandering happened. It's well known and obvious. They split up all the black communities amongst all the rural GOP areas in too small of populations for there votes to count. It's not a secret.... Right wing radio doesn't talk about it but no secret.

It was a census year a few years back and the GOP was smart enough to plan ahead. All legal. Morally detestable, but legal.

That and all the cutting short early voting and Sunday voteing and having one or two polls for the urban centers with millions of voters. While having multiple in rural areas that vote GOP.

They target black people.. But not for racial reasons. Not because the rep. Think African Americans are inferior, but because they all vote dem.

I strongly disagree. There have been several African American GOP candidates. Dr. Ben Carson, Alan Keyes, J.C. Watts are just a few that immediately come to mind.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That's one GOP talking point that's true. Black conservatives are looked at as traitors. So that's not a fair comparison.

Common dude you strait up just " blame shifted". That's like saying I'm not racist, I have a black friend. If anything it's proof of my point that republicans arnt racist. Just pragmatists. The GOP gets called racist so often ( mostly falsely) that they try and find black talking heads to prove there not. I personally think progressive vs conservative is the new "race war "persay.

So are you going to ignore the "proof" (for lack of a better word) of voter restriction? Everything I said In my last post is varifiable. Is it ok, to you ,for them to block voters since they don't agree with your side of things?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

ArtemisE

That's one GOP talking point that's true. Black conservatives are looked at as traitors. So that's not a fair comparison.

Common dude you strait up just " blame shifted". That's like saying I'm not racist, I have a black friend. If anything it's proof of my point that republicans arnt racist. Just pragmatists. The GOP gets called racist so often ( mostly falsely) that they try and find black talking heads to prove there not. I personally think progressive vs conservative is the new "race war "persay.

So are you going to ignore the "proof" (for lack of a better word) of voter restriction? Everything I said In my last post is varifiable. Is it ok, to you ,for them to block voters since they don't agree with your side of things?

Protecting U.S. voting laws is not voter restriction. They are Not one in the same - although the Democrats want others to believe that. For example, allowing Illegal immigrants to vote is not good for the integrity of U.S. elections. Asking U.S. Citizens to provide validation that they are who they say they are, and therefore they have the legal right to vote, is plain common sense. If a would-be voter cannot validate their legal status in the United States of America, and there is No voter I.D. requirement, this assuredly opens the flood gates for people who are living here illegally, and who have No Legal Right to cast a ballot - and that is not good for the validity of U.S. elections .

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

I specifically didn't name voter ID in the list of voter suppression tactics I listed.....

The reason I buy that this is more suppression then strenthening the system is because of those. Also the GOP tried to pass if back when bush was president. To show we needed it bush told his prosecutor to go find voter fraud for proof we need it. They only found 5 cases of people casting false ballots. I could see more then 5 people being turned down because of lack of ID. More then 5 people lose there Id a day in the us I'm sure.

Now are you gonna adress the other voter suppression tactics I listed earlier? Or just glaze over them again?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

I specifically didn't name voter ID in the list of voter suppression tactics I listed.....

The reason I buy that this is more suppression then strenthening the system is because of those. Also the GOP tried to pass if back when bush was president. To show we needed it bush told his prosecutor to go find voter fraud for proof we need it. They only found 5 cases of people casting false ballots. I could see more then 5 people being turned down because of lack of ID. More then 5 people lose there Id a day in the us I'm sure.

Now are you gonna adress the other voter suppression tactics I listed earlier? Or just glaze over them again?

I'm going to stay on the topic of Obama's approval rating...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ditto.
I'm sick too. So freaking sick of people (people who probably aren't even paying all that many tax dollars to begin with) screaming about their tax dollars at every turn. In a secular and diverse society with representative government, there are always going to be some things you don't want your particular tax dollar going to.

That's just the way it is. Deal with it. Or do some imagineering of your particular dollars floating off toward something you do support. For cripe's sakes already.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

As soon as I start to think your not a hack. Well played only argue half the issue. Voter ID isn't the topic either. Sure went on for pages about that..... No suprise really you can only tense that muscle for so long. Huh?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

As soon as I start to think your not a hack. Well played only argue half the issue. Voter ID isn't the topic either. Sure went on for pages about that..... No suprise really you can only tense that muscle for so long

Huh?

If you want to start an OP on voter fraud issues, I'll chime in and help the thread along. I told you the way I see the Voter ID, Voter fraud issue, and it doesn't seem like you and I share the same perspective, which is OK. Nothing wrong with having our own opinions. Anyway, since this OP is on Obama's approval rating, I'm going to respect staying on topic. All the best to you.
edit on 18-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Dude your really not worth my time . Still havent heard an independent thought out of you and it's just too convienient the way you decide to get back on topic after I make a point.

A: were the only two still on this thread.

B: we haven't been talking about Obamas approval rate since before the actually intellegent conservative I was debateing before you.

I make a point and rather then admit "man that I is kinda jacked up." You run from it. Hell your not even a GOP politician for it to be your fault. Guess that's how you sheeple ignore the truth and fall for there garbage. Thank god you idiots are dying off. Another 50 and conservative evangelicals will go the way of the dodo.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Mr. Obama's approval rating is still low.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

ArtemisE

Protecting U.S. voting laws is not voter restriction.

If eligible voters are blocked from voting due to laws, it IS voter restriction. You are sure generous with other peoples right to vote.

They are Not one in the same - although the Democrats want others to believe that. For example, allowing Illegal immigrants to vote is not good for the integrity of U.S. elections. Asking U.S. Citizens to provide validation that they are who they say they are, and therefore they have the legal right to vote, is plain common sense. If a would-be voter cannot validate their legal status in the United States of America, and there is No voter I.D. requirement, this assuredly opens the flood gates for people who are living here illegally, and who have No Legal Right to cast a ballot - and that is not good for the validity of U.S. elections .

Did you know that the US Constitution does not require a photo ID to vote?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

..since before the actually intellegent conservative I was debateing before you.

i HEARD that....

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
and apparently, you guys have been off topic for so long, you forgot what the gods-damned topic was...

it's obamacare's approval rating......not president obama's approval rating, and not the voter fraud problem either....

the topic...get back on it...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Threads dead except for us homie . Since it's only us so no reall need to stay on any specific topic as long as those involved are entertained.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join