It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Obamacare Approval rating

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by Daedalus

Fair enough... I rarely proof read. And have a tendency to rant lol.

like i said, it's not a matter of proofreading, it's a matter of quoting, so i know what you're on about..

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
President Obama's approval rating is plummeting for a reason.

Here is a list of 19 of President Obama's broken promise to the American people:

1. “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

2. “My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”

3. "We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums…”

4. “I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the president
 of the United States of America.”

5. “We’ve got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created.”

6. “And we will pursue the housing plan I’m outlining today. And through this plan, we will help between 7 and 9 million families restructure or refinance their mortgages so they can afford—avoid foreclosure.”

7. “I will sign a universal health-care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”

8. “We reject the use of national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.”

9. “For people with insurance, the only impact of the health-care law is that their insurance is stronger, better, and more secure than it was before. Full stop. That’s it. They don’t have to worry about anything else.”

10. “We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay, the location of so many of the worst constitutional abuses in recent years.”

11. “Allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries if the drugs are safe and prices are lower outside the U.S.”

12. “We will revisit the Patriot Act and overturn unconstitutional executive decisions issued during the past eight years.”

13. “We reject sweeping claims of ‘inherent’ presidential power.”

14. “We support constitutional protections and judicial oversight on any surveillance program involving Americans.”

15. “Will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.”

16. “We have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division and conflict and cynicism…. That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, ‘Not this time….’”

17. We’ve got to spend some money now to pull us out of this recession. But as soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means, instead of leaving debt for our children and our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren.”

18. “Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay – and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”

19. “I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.”

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Dude there is no president who hasn't made promises he didn't or couldn't keep.

Read my lips no new taxes! ( bush1)

Most of your quotes were promises he didn't keep...and some of them he could have... The GOP hasn't blocked all of the things you pointed out.

However pretending that this is the worst pres in history is insane. Fact is he's a moderate do nuthing president for the most part. IMHO he's been afraid to make real waves ( not the fake atrocities your contemporaries point at) because of the first black pres thing.

FYI more Americans have health care right now then any time in the last decade... And obamacare isn't a year old yet. So claiming its a failure isn't fair. Now I don't know how they pay for it with all the subsidies there giving out, but more people have access to health care then before bush and Clinton (glasdegal) wrecked the economy.

Your a sheeple who buys into any rightwing Obamas the antichrist type bs you hear. I've been reading your posts for awhile. Ever had a thought that Fox News didn't give you?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
come now, artemis....isn't this a bit harsh?

ArtemisE

I think we all agree that, generally speaking, politicians are almost always full of solid waste excretions...some more than others...

Most of your quotes were promises he didn't keep...and some of them he could have... The GOP hasn't blocked all of the things you pointed out.

how does this impact the validity of the statement though?

However pretending that this is the worst pres in history is insane. Fact is he's a moderate do nuthing president for the most part. IMHO he's been afraid to make real waves ( not the fake atrocities your contemporaries point at) because of the first black pres thing.

this is the thing though....it's all about perception.....

EVERY president is the worst one in history

i know that sounds insane, but bear with me...i shall explain it thusly..

From a certain point..in my opinion, the Johnson administration forward, every president has only acted to compound the failures of their predecessors....they don't fix what the last one did wrong, and they add their own failures to the list, and in some cases, even ENHANCE the harm to the country, of previous administration's failures....

so now the president has to answer not only for the things THEY did wrong, but for worsening the the state of things caused by OTHER presidents...

so let's say SkepticOverlord was president....and he signed a bill that screwed up the economy. so the economy is bad now, due to government meddling, which was signed into law by SO. people hail him as a pretty bad president.

4 years later, he's out, and they elect Springer to replace him. Springer doesn't do anything to fix the damage done by SO's bill....and he signs a bill that makes hammers illegal (why? because f**k hammers, that's why)...so now, people are mad at him because he banned hammers, AND because he didn't do anything about that bill that is destroying the economy....some call him the worst president ever

4 years later, people are tired of him, and you come along....you promise to deal with that stupid bill from the Overlord administration, and that ban from the springer administration...you run on the platform of a strong economy, and hammers for everyone...

the people love you, they want you, they elect you....when you get in, you basically tell the american people "PSYCH!", and you proceed to pass a bill that strengthens the effects of the bill from the Overlord administration, enhances the federal government's ability to enforce, and punish people for violation of the ban from the Springer administration, issue an executive order, allowing federal law enforcement to arrest anyone advocating people's right to own a hammer, and another EO, authorizing the jailing of anyone with a hairlip, with the signing statement "because they creep me out".

meanwhile, you work with the congress, and industry to create a signature legislation, that deals with the annoying problem of people who don't have smartphones....this "Artemis Initiative" requires everyone in america to buy a smartphone...but it can't be just any smartphone, it must meet certain criteria for screen size, memory capacity, wireless speed, battery life, and magapixel-count for the camera. it can only be one of these approved models, and it can only come from certain carriers, and you MUST buy one of these phones, and the exorbitantly-expensive subscription/data plan that comes with it, whether you have a need for it, use for it, or desire to have it, or not... failure to comply will result in a fine, which will simply be taken from you by the IRS...

You sign this bill into law, and it's hailed as the single greatest achievement in "connecting the people to each other", in american history...you're hailed by your supporters as the greatest president ever....

but for the people who don't benefit from your new signature legislation, and those who now hafta buy a new phone, because theirs didn't meet the criteria, and for those who don't benefit, or can't afford it, and aren't eligible to get what they need to be in compliance, or those who refuse to comply, it sucks....so now, you've done nothing to deal with the bill from the Overlord administration, or the hammer ban from the Springer administration, and have, in fact, made them worse...you've written EO's that hurt the people, and signed a bill into law that benefits industry at the expense of the people....you're the worst president ever...

makes sense now, yes?

FYI more Americans have health care right now then any time in the last decade... And obamacare isn't a year old yet. So claiming its a failure isn't fair. Now I don't know how they pay for it with all the subsidies there giving out, but more people have access to health care then before bush and Clinton (glasdegal) wrecked the economy.

but even if you can trust the numbers, the simple fact remains that they bought it because they were FORCED to by the government....you can't force people to do something, and consider it a success....when you rig the game, it's easy to claim "success"

if the bill actually made things more affordable, and didn't require people to buy the stuff, and people came, and bought it because it really was a good deal for them....if they participated because they WANTED to, THEN you could claim it was a success...you can't hold a gun to the other kids in the yard, force them to play ball with you, and then say "gee, look at all the friends i have"...

Your a sheeple who buys into any rightwing Obamas the antichrist type bs you hear. I've been reading your posts for awhile. Ever had a thought that Fox News didn't give you?

that's not fair.

i can't speak to the poster's motivations, nor can i speak to his choice of news sources....

but you're doing the same thing another guy in another obamacare thread is doing.....accusing people who disagree with your personal views as being fox-watchers, and slapping political labels on them, to justify future ridicule, and hatred....

i know from our conversation earlier in this thread, that you're better than this.

it's very bad form, Artemis...bad form, indeed...
edit on 13-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I agree with just about everything you said homie. I think health care in our modern society is a need. Not a want. Where cell phones are not. I love the analogies tho. All were as accurate as any comparison possible. Like I said, I agree with everything you said except the cell phone being a want not a need they were all spot on.....and the f**k hammers thing was hilarious.... I chuckled in RL.

That said screw Ricky. I've been watching his posts for awhile.... That's why I said what I said to him. Not because of the one post I replied to. Your logical. Point and counter point. He's a troll, with no logical backing for 90% of his all bs talking points.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

ArtemisE

I agree with just about everything you said homie. I think health care in our modern society is a need. Not a want. Where cell phones are not. I love the analogies tho. All were as accurate as any comparison possible. Like I said, I agree with everything you said except the cell phone being a want not a need they were all spot on.....and the f**k hammers thing was hilarious.... I chuckled in RL.

That said screw Ricky. I've been watching his posts for awhile.... That's why I said what I said to him. Not because of the one post I replied to. Your logical. Point and counter point. He's a troll, with no logical backing for 90% of his all bs talking points.

i'll agree that medical services are absolutely a need, and cellphones are not.....i could argue again, that it's a matter of perception, as we've grown so reliant on not only technology, but ADVANCED technology, that it's nigh impossible to operate without a cellphone in this day and age.

the comparison though, was just to highlight the absurdity of the ACA....like the fictional cell law, it requires people to buy something they can't afford, might not need(in terms of all the extra bundled crap they have no use for), might not be able to use, don't want, and may not work as well for them, as what they had, all under threat of government fine....

there's a way to guarantee medical services for all american citizens, but it'll never happen...i outlined it either in this thread, or the other obamacare thread i'm participating in....if it's not in this one, and if you're interested, just check out my profile, and look at my posts in that thread, should be pretty easy to find...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

ArtemisE

I don't believe Obama is the anti-christ, so please do not put words in my speech. I actually have some respect for him, and he is the duly elected President, so in sincerety, and as an American, I want him to succeed, because if he fails, it is not good for our country. The reality is that he is not succeeding, because he is not governing by building consensus, or bringing people together, and making the necessary compromises to actually get something done for the people who elected him to office based on his promises. As it relates to his promises, I'm actually satisfied that he hasn't been successful in fulfilling some of them on the list, but nonetheless, the fact remains that they were Mr. Obama's promises, and nobody else's.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

ArtemisE

"Troll" = namecalling = Losing the argument...every time. I'm impressed however, that you singled me out.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

No I name call disinformation hacks like you. I just went thru your previous posts to make sure I hadn't jumped the gun and taken the posts I've seen from you out of context.. Maybe you blast both sides the same and I just caught you blasting the left.

Guess what I found while looking at your history??? Nothing but Obama blast pieces where you act like the whole system isn't full of garbage people... Just the dems and the Obama administration. Your a partisan disinformation hack. Just passing on the same fact checked BS the Fox News and right wing radio idiots put forward. I don't need to resort to name calling because I'm losing the argument. I'm discusted by sheeple like you who purpofully misinform the public to feed your private agenda. Either that or your stupid enought to actually believe the garbage you put out there. Either way your a waste of bandwidth.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

ArtemisE

No I name call disinformation hacks like you. I just went thru your previous posts to make sure I hadn't jumped the gun and taken the posts I've seen from you out of context.. Maybe you blast both sides the same and I just caught you blasting the left.

Guess what I found while looking at your history??? Nothing but Obama blast pieces where you act like the whole system isn't full of garbage people... Just the dems and the Obama administration. Your a partisan disinformation hack. Just passing on the same fact checked BS the Fox News and right wing radio idiots put forward. I don't need to resort to name calling because I'm losing the argument. I'm discusted by sheeple like you who purpofully misinform the public to feed your private agenda. Either that or your stupid enought to actually believe the garbage you put out there. Either way your a waste of bandwidth.

Why so much vile ? Seems like you are quite angry. All I've done is speak my mind and offer my opinions and perspectives across an array of topics. I make no apologies for doing so, and I will continue to do so.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Oh I don't doubt you'll continue being a partisen disinformation hack on a web site specifically designed to stop disinformation.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

ArtemisE

Oh I don't doubt you'll continue being a partisen disinformation hack on a web site specifically designed to stop disinformation.

You're being quite unfair...I'm just one of many who speak their mind here. Simple as that. Let's get back to the thread topic though. Obama's Approval Rating is falling steadily, agreed ?
edit on 13-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I agree this or that specific poll says it is.

If we really knew some how what the majority of the country was thinking... I would disagree.

When you look at the fact Obama and the dems, basically own the demographic that doesn't vote for s**t.

If voting was mandatory the GOP would never win another presidential race. The right is WAY better at getting most of there base out. That's why I buy that voter ID is really a shot at getting the poor not to vote. Not because there racists... Because they pay millions to strategists to help give them every advantage. Good advantage, bad or ugly.

I don't really think almost anyone is actually racist anymore. We all know someone of the other races who is smarter, some one who is stronger, and someone else who's faster. Doesn't leave much room for believing an entire race is inferior. Now I think it's 100% a bears vs. packers type rivalry. So if I refer to racism that's the kind I mean.

I couldn't tell you a single person who said they were voting for McCain who didn't follow up with " I'm not voting for that n****r". I lived in Kansas City at the time just for the demographic where I lived.

I don't believe GOP politicians are racist.... But I do think they play to the racists in there party with all the rediculous stuff they throw at Obama.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

I will concede there is oftentimes distasteful attitudes coming from some of our politicians GOP and Democrats alike, and that is not productive towards serving our interests. I do not think it is too much to ask of all elected offices and officials that they are required to at least relentlessly attempt to build consensus while they are in office, or otherwise be faced with being replaced with a candadite who understands the importance of governing from the middle. This in no way implies giving up or giving in on ones core values, beliefs or principals, but rather an intention to make a concerted effort to work towards communicathion and compromise and consensus. I think it is fair to say that this is sorely lacking as our U.S. Politics stands today.

As such, should the GOP gain control of the Senate and House, President Obama will have to move to the middle, otherwise he will not get anything accomplished.

It is quite American for us to expect more from our politicians on many levels. They are in office to serve us, not themselves.

As it relates to voters, only those who are lawful voters should be able to vote. GOP simply and rightfully wants to eliminate voter fraud, which does exist, but to the extent that said fraud impacts elections is uncertain.

And I think we see some of the same on low voter turnout hurting the Democratic Party, but that door swings both ways. President Bush had a majority, but lost the Congress in his 2nd term - midterm elections in 2006, mainly attributed to lower GOP voter turnout and higher Democrat voter turnout. Some people don't show up to vote because they are either so disenchanted and disappointed in the political system, or they are indifferent about their candidate, or they have not been following events and don't care to engage, so they leave it to the rest of us to make the decisions for them. If you institued a Requirement to Vote, then again, you have the Fed Government dictating yet another requirement to the individual and people still won't go out to vote, and then you run into a wide array of enforcement issues. Bottom line is on the whole, the American People do not like to be told what to do by the Fed Government. They like it when the Fed Government does what We tell them to do. Always has been, and Always will be.

edit on 14-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

As far as the voter ID thing we need a national database that we can all log into. In our present day of tech, there's no need for us to have one day voting and only at a very select few places. Now we look for doubles in the history of the elections record... All after the fact. If there were a data base the computer wouldn't let one social sec. Number vote twice. If you try and vote and it says you already have there should be a system to change the vote some fraudulent person asks.

There's voter fraud, but none that has ever mattered. I think in the last 6 presidential elections. Like 5 actually fraudulent ballots were cast. Not 5 altogether... A average of 5 per election nationally...

There's slightly more then that in people who fill out a absentee ballot incase they miss Election Day and then manage to go vote Election Day. All used there real names and if I remember correctly were more republicans that did it.

What most on the right tout as proof of voter fraud is voter registration fraud. Acorn was paying people per person they register and not really checking there work before paying them. So surprise, suprise , some of them just went home and made up names and filled our registration forms. The funnier ones like Micky mouse and such. The press had a field day with. However this was completely harmless. Except for ripping off acorn. Because Miley mouse was never gonna show up to vote.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

What annoys me, is some (and many) people don't take the time to vote, and then proceed to complain about the office holders that they either didn't vote for, nor against.

I don't think voting should be a requirement, but I do think it is each eligible voter's duty.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I disagree about the GOP wanting voter Id to stop fraud. Like I said before it's not because there racist either..... They just know poor people vote dem.... And poor people have a harder time getting or replacing ids. It's stratagy just like the gerrymandering done after the last census. If not the wouldn't be cutting early voting days and stopping Sunday voting. That has nothing to do with IDs.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What most countries that "require" voteing just do it thru the tax rate. Kinda like if you vote you get a 500 tax break. If not you get a 200 tax penalty at the end of they year. ( I just thru out random numbers)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

See I think there's some things in society that don't work best as a for profit institution.

Prison system: You wanna have to pay 40000$ a year per person to jail them.. That's the only protection from them not over jailing. Now that these private prisons have started you have stories of judges being paid off to sentence juvie cases to more time then is fair. Why cause it's more profitable for the.

Health care: I don't mean Dr.s and nurses.or even researchers and pharma companies... I mean on the share holder and hospital lvl. Also IMHO insurance companies are the real problem with healthcare. There making more in profits then the pharma companies while not fulfilling any need in the industry besides being paper pushers.... You can't spend 30% of all money spent on Heath care on the paper pushers.

EPA: money shouldn't be the consideration if health and safety are a concern.

State and federal gov: all money should be put back into def or social programs. There's no reason for 1000 a plate luncheons for congress every day or monet's and Picassos in every state Capitol.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join