It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Obamacare Approval rating

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Yes I live at home, pops makes 80k. And work 2 jobs waiting tables. Mine was free.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dude there are no shortage of insurance companies killing there customers by denighing service. John Grissom has made a living writing books about the lawyers who busted them. Lol

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dude there are no shortage of insurance companies killing there customers by denighing service. John Grissom has made a living writing books about the lawyers who busted them. Lol

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

ArtemisE

Yes I live at home, pops makes 80k. And work 2 jobs waiting tables. Mine was free.

yes, well, my dad makes quite a bit more than that, hence my problem....but you didn't answer my question..
edit on 3-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Dude if you have no job. Then how would you be better off pre Obama care?

It's not hard to find a job....it's hard to find a job that pays well, but low income jobs are everywhere.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

ArtemisE

Dude if you have no job. Then how would you be better off pre Obama care?

It's not hard to find a job....it's hard to find a job that pays well, but low income jobs are everywhere.

it's not as easy as one would think....i always hear "it's not hard to find a job" from people who have jobs....i've been looking for just over a year. jobs are obviously not as abundant as you think.

...at least not in my area...

i was better off, because while my last job offered insurance, it was crap, and i had the option to get rid of it, and pay out of pocket, if i needed to see a doctor.

NOW, if i have a job, it's either take the crap policy the job offers, or buy something even MORE expensive, and hardly use either one...either way, i'm pissing away money for something i don't need....and i'm supposed to be happy for this? i'm supposed to be happy that the government is telling me "you can either spend your money this way, or this way...but you WILL spend it on what we tell you to", when I'M the one out there earning it? it's MY money, I should be deciding how it gets spent..

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Jobs are not easy to find at all. My niece has a B.S. degree at Business from the University of Florida.....she's been working part-time at The Gap because she can't find anything full time - and this is in Jacksonville, FL; a city that boasts over 1 million people.

My wife and I have a combined income of over $100K and it's still very, very difficult to pay $1000/monthly out of pocket for healthcare costs for our daughter when you factor in a $2K mortgage on a tiny condo, $1800 in daycare, $4.50/gallon gas prices and food. Heck, we have no debt and own both of our cars and it's STILL very difficult.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

wills120

Jobs are not easy to find at all. My niece has a B.S. degree at Business from the University of Florida.....she's been working part-time at The Gap because she can't find anything full time - and this is in Jacksonville, FL; a city that boasts over 1 million people.

My wife and I have a combined income of over $100K and it's still very, very difficult to pay $1000/monthly out of pocket for healthcare costs for our daughter when you factor in a $2K mortgage on a tiny condo, $1800 in daycare, $4.50/gallon gas prices and food. Heck, we have no debt and own both of our cars and it's STILL very difficult.

harry reid says you're a liar, and obama says you're crap at managing your money, lol

just thought i'd throw that out there..

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Hey homie, this isn't me being a smart @$$ I'm being honest. I've done the resteraunt thing for longer than I care to admit.... Managing and serving.

The way you get hired at ANY resteraunt is...

1: apply between 2 and 4pm on a weekday,fill out your app there when you show up at 2pm. They will not be checking your references so lie and give yourself experience.

2: ask to speak to the hiring manager. It's common place to do that so don't feel weird.

3: look the boss in the eye and tell him you eat this kinda stuff for breakfast. :p

4: most likely they set up another interview with a different manager. That means that your hired. If they say they'll call ya , that won't! Wash rinse repeat.

Never looked for a job longer then 2 hours.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

ArtemisE

Hey homie, this isn't me being a smart @$$ I'm being honest. I've done the resteraunt thing for longer than I care to admit.... Managing and serving.

The way you get hired at ANY resteraunt is...

1: apply between 2 and 4pm on a weekday,fill out your app there when you show up at 2pm. They will not be checking your references so lie and give yourself experience.

2: ask to speak to the hiring manager. It's common place to do that so don't feel weird.

3: look the boss in the eye and tell him you eat this kinda stuff for breakfast. :p

4: most likely they set up another interview with a different manager. That means that your hired. If they say they'll call ya , that won't! Wash rinse repeat.

Never looked for a job longer then 2 hours.

wow, lol.

i worked at a restaurant once.....for about 2 hours...the kitchen was so disgusting, my conscience wouldn't let me serve people out of it...

so i quit, and then reported them to the board of health, lol

i recently moved, so i have a whole new local area to search in...if nothing pans out, i'll widen the search area. it's not a matter of if, but WHEN i find a job....until then though, i got problems, lol

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

That's why I suggest serving. 500 bucks a week cash, start making cash the first week, and won't feel bad about dumping the job when u can upgrade.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Daedalus

wills120

harry reid says you're a liar, and obama says you're crap at managing your money, lol

just thought i'd throw that out there..

Indeed.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

You don't want to sign up? Don't sign up. Saying no one in your family will sign up is probably a bit much though, unless you're talking about your under age kids, now at this point in time. When those kids are older, and the ACA is the norm, they will probably participate - unless of course Single Payer has come along by then.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

TownCryer
reply to post by alienreality

You don't want to sign up? Don't sign up. Saying no one in your family will sign up is probably a bit much though, unless you're talking about your under age kids, now at this point in time. When those kids are older, and the ACA is the norm, they will probably participate - unless of course Single Payer has come along by then.

what makes you think the ACA is going to be the norm?

i see it getting repealed, or severely modified after obama is out of office, and the majority of the morons who voted for it are all flushed out of the congress..

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No chance it gets repealed. In fact trying to repeal it after people get used to the gov. Paying part would be political suicide for the GOP. They even said that a dozen times. That's why they fought so hard to stop it. It's way harder to say were taking this away. Then to never give it in the first place.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

ArtemisE

No chance it gets repealed. In fact trying to repeal it after people get used to the gov. Paying part would be political suicide for the GOP. They even said that a dozen times. That's why they fought so hard to stop it. It's way harder to say were taking this away. Then to never give it in the first place.

Until there's a more apparent tax revolt.

And when the "subsidized" ones start going bankrupt from the deductibles and un-covered charges.

Then it all goes Bye-Bye.

The coming tax increases will be astronomical.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

A Fool and his Money are Soon Parted . Mandates don't mean Jack in a Free Society , Obamacare will Die on the Vine , you Underestimate the " Silent Majority " in this Country . They can be Mean as Hell when Pushed to Far .

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

ArtemisE

gods, you're not understanding...they didn't GIVE anything....they forced this upon the whole of the country, and they TOOK from the people....they took from the people, when they had to buy more expensive, more complicated plans that they can't use, they took from the people when their hours got dropped at work, so the employer could avoid having to pay for insurance, they took from the people when companies move operations out of the US, and lay off even MORE americans, to avoid the increase associated with the ACA, and they'll take from the people again, when they sic the IRS on them, to rob them for not being able to afford this crap, or simply refusing to buy something they don't want, don't need, and can't use....

they TOOK from the people, so that people like you can get it for "free"....

the only way a system like that works, is if it's a UHC system...everyone pays tax, everyone gets help....the ACA is a bailout to the HMO's, it's just that simple.
edit on 5-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The majority of voters voted for it and millions will be getting a subsidies. So those millions getting subsidies Will not want to lose them. Hence my whole point.

I do have a couple questions tho, you kick out a whole lot of talking points that are mostly false put out by the faux news crowd. You should really watch both sides the truth is always in the middle esp. With the msnbc/Fox News stuff.

1: as bad as a lot of the corporate welfare ( tax breaks) and such are. How is it walmart or mcdonalds place to raise prices ovr obamacare or minimum wage when they make like 16 billion in profits? Like half a billion would pay there employees 15 bucks an hour and pay for health insurance. At what point is it price gouging? IMHO it's the fact that it's no longer about making a profit, it's making more profit for the shareholders then last year. The bar is always moved and you can't make materials cost less. So you cut employee pay every year to keep profits rising. I think there turning us into China's workforce.

2: since insurance companies don't preform an actual service In health care, there paper pushers it all would still work with out them, and they post more profits then anyone not a pharma company. Arnt they the real problem? I mean if we spend 10 billion nationally on health care ( for easy math :p) and 3 billion go to insurance company profits. Then were paying 30% more then is necessary to finish the job.

3: do you really think that even if they end all social programs that they tax us less or give the money back? Lmao no way

4: with all the billion dollar back room deals, 1000 a plate daily lunches for congress and Picassos on the walls of every state and federal building. Do you really think the main gov. Waste is it being givin to poor people?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

ArtemisE
The majority of voters voted for it and millions will be getting a subsidies. So those millions getting subsidies Will not want to lose them. Hence my whole point.

really? i guess i missed when the ACA was put to a public referendum.....voters(as in the american people, typically referred to as "voters") did not ask for this mess, they did not vote for this mess...in fact, they weren't even consulted....this law was passed (without having even been read, in most cases), by politicians who are completely disconnected from reality....people who live in a world where they want for nothing, and the sky is the limit....

to keep people from asking questions, and potentially getting mad, they just went out and said "look, we're gonna give you more free stuff", and the average person RECEIVING the free stuff doesn't give a s**t what it cost the people who were forced to pay for it...because the kind of people who typically receive the free stuff, are of the opinion that the government owes them a living..now notice i said typically, because it's not an absolute, there are exceptions....so bear that in mind, before you accuse me of making a personal attack on you.....

I do have a couple questions tho, you kick out a whole lot of talking points that are mostly false put out by the faux news crowd. You should really watch both sides the truth is always in the middle esp. With the msnbc/Fox News stuff.

i don't watch the cable news channels for news....because there isn't any..

cable news channels are nothing but opinion and innuendo, wrapped in political agenda, and ratings whoring....i only watch them when i want a laugh...

i'm not some misinformed, cable news-programmed, zombie idiot....

1: as bad as a lot of the corporate welfare ( tax breaks) and such are. How is it walmart or mcdonalds place to raise prices ovr obamacare or minimum wage when they make like 16 billion in profits? Like half a billion would pay there employees 15 bucks an hour and pay for health insurance. At what point is it price gouging? IMHO it's the fact that it's no longer about making a profit, it's making more profit for the shareholders then last year. The bar is always moved and you can't make materials cost less. So you cut employee pay every year to keep profits rising. I think there turning us into China's workforce.

2: since insurance companies don't preform an actual service In health care, there paper pushers it all would still work with out them, and they post more profits then anyone not a pharma company. Arnt they the real problem? I mean if we spend 10 billion nationally on health care ( for easy math :p) and 3 billion go to insurance company profits. Then were paying 30% more then is necessary to finish the job.

it's not price gouging, it's just plain greed. and i've alread stated that i think HMO's are useless and redundant.....get rid of them, regulate the pharmaceutical companies, and medical device manufacturers, get rid of the ACA, and replace it with a UHS system, and folks would be in a MUCH better situation....

: do you really think that even if they end all social programs that they tax us less or give the money back? Lmao no way

who the hell said anything about ending all social programs?

4: with all the billion dollar back room deals, 1000 a plate daily lunches for congress and Picassos on the walls of every state and federal building. Do you really think the main gov. Waste is it being givin to poor people?

this makes no sense...i literally don't understand what the hell you're trying to say....
edit on 5-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join