It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Lovers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

woodwardjnr
reply to post by theantediluvian

I'm a social liberal, yet have still had the "Putin lover"slur, slung in my direction, for nothing more than questioning the current legitimacy and political make up of the government in Kiev.

I notice those using these slurs aren't moving out to the Ukraine or strapping on their tin hats in perpetration of the defence of the Ukraine. Instead they choose to close down any debate with their childish slurs.

I'm not sure why you would be worried by the newly installed government in Ukraine

It's a democracy

They'll be an election

The people will vote

But then again that won't make a blind bit of difference since the conspiracy theorist are convinced the protesters/people of Ukraine are Nazis too

When you have the leader of that government saying that people should be nuked then it is a government that should be worried about.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

buster2010
When you have the leader of that government saying that people should be nuked then it is a government that should be worried about.

Exactly

US threatened with nuclear weapons live on Russian TV

A Russian propagandist Dmitri Kiselev threatens the United States with nuclear weapons. He said this on the final programme on channel one Russia. He said that "Russia is the only country that can turn the United States into radioactive ashes." As you know, Kiselyov has long played the role of the voice of the Kremlin. He has since autumn is propaganda war against, the first against Ukraine's European integration, then against Evromajdana. It has suffered from deliberate falsification in presenting information about Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Isn't that just propaganda though?

Russia knows it will hurt as much as the next in a nuclear war.

We are all dependant on each other, financialy and from long term radiation.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

SLAYER69

buster2010

Exactly

A Russian propagandist Dmitri Kiselev threatens the United States with nuclear weapons. He said this on the final programme on channel one Russia. He said that "Russia is the only country that can turn the United States into radioactive ashes." As you know, Kiselyov has long played the role of the voice of the Kremlin. He has since autumn is propaganda war against, the first against Ukraine's European integration, then against Evromajdana. It has suffered from deliberate falsification in presenting information about Ukraine.

Perhaps you have a problem understanding the word "leader". Last time I checked Putin ran Russia not some TV anchorman.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If other countries took Fox News Anchors serious, there would be a nuclear holocaust and earth would be uninhabitable.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

buster2010

SLAYER69

buster2010

Exactly

Perhaps you have a problem understanding the word "leader". Last time I checked Putin ran Russia not some TV anchorman.

Perhaps your Intentionally twisting facts

Unable to resolve tensions with the largely pro-Russian autonomous region of Crimea, Kiev is bombarding Moscow with accusations and warnings. Some politicians have even threatened to restock Ukraine’s nuclear arsenal.

Threatened to nuke? No... Threatened to "restock"

This is not threating to nuke anyone especially when they DO NOT posses them

And rightly so when Russia broke its promises and has show aggression and violating there boarder not to mention annexing part of there country

However..

Russia does have Nukes and threatened to use them countless times in recent years

ALONG with Iran

AlONG with North Korea

ALONG with China

So that's ALL of the alliance threatening to use nukes and how many western countries made such threats? Others than asking and sanctioning people with aspirations to posses them?

The picture couldn't be more clearer, the enemy couldn't be more obvious.... and people wonder why they're being boxed in and contained and sanctioned lol
edit on 1-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I really do wish i got payed for spreading Russian "Propaganda" ... really... Would be a nice extra income...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Russians were always a proud and tough people tougher than the Americans that’s for sure I think most Americans secretly acknowledge this but they are ashamed to think that way.

Its not self hating to respect the Russians they deserve respect the problem is after over half a century of anti commie propaganda most Americans are programmed to automatically condemn Russia. I think its good to see some Americans break their programming and give Russia the benefit of doubt sometimes instead of towing the government line like patriotic poodles.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

brianporter
Its not self hating to respect the Russians they deserve respect the problem is after over half a century of anti commie propaganda most Americans are programmed to automatically condemn Russia. I think its good to see some Americans break their programming

You must be naive if you think the Russian Chinese India et el think the same way back about the US or the Western world, they envy you, they're jealous of you, they want what you have and they would do absolutely anything to take it from you they know what poverty smells like, do you? Perhaps not yet but maybe you will soon and then you'll know what it's like to be them while the Chinese enjoy your old job and lifestyle

They see you as fat lazy evil enemies and you're just the type [SNIP] they rely on to spread propaganda thinking you're doing your country or the world a favour, wake up... see maddys post above he'd love to spread The Russian propaganda in order to turn you against your own and he's India and has been living of western aid for decades and has the nerve to slate the west lol

That's all the thanks you get and the risk you run being naive thinking the world is all jelly and ice cream

Mod Note: Civility and Decorum Is Expected

edit on 4/1/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brianporter

If you want to idolize Russians that's your business. Not all of us believe stereotypes but rather take people one at a time at face value.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think it's a case of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I don't think a lot of these people 'hate' America. They think they just don't like the path our country is headed in, and don't like the job our government has been doing. Our country has seen better days on most categories, it's a sad truth. So, they try to praise anything that is spiting the government. And I guess you can say that it isn't exactly thought out that well, and is a bit too hasty.

People shouldn't have to take a side outside of our country. If our country is in bad shape, and you don't like it, don't whine about it. Whining is a form of doing pretty much nothing at all. It just isn't productive and produces zero results. It only annoys. And at the same time, patting another country on the back for doing a few things our government doesn't like doesn't really do or change anything either.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here is what I know. I love America, I hate the people that run it, and I think we need to take cues from other countries on how to treat people and live a better debt free lifestyle.

Its not wrong to want to be better, and sometimes we need help. I wont leave, I have a voice, and I will scream from the rooftops if I want to.

This stupid "well if you dont like it then get out" BS, is just a weak way of saying, "Im scared, and if I dont understand it and dont like it".

Get with it. This is what they want. Fighting over stupid BS, and not looking at the real problem. Our GOVERNMENT.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Crumbles
Something has really been getting under my skin lately.....

Probably almost as annoying as bully-boy neo-fascist 'patriots' mouthing off "USA! USA! USA!", eh?

The fact is that the US empire is crumbling fast while Russia is very much in the ascendant.....And everyone likes a winner!
edit on 3-4-2014 by squarehead666 because: s&p

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

"Something has really been getting under my skin lately when reading all these new Russian news articles.

All these self hating Americans that just want to climb on Russians pole, and bash America at every turn."

Where? Who? What universe do you live in? I watch TV and read the news. I haven't seen much pro-Russian news, and what I have seen, I had to really look for to find any counter argument. In conversations, it is risky for anyone to mention any pro-Russian view points. Anti-Putin rhetoric is ubiquitous! I have no idea what you're talking about. Whatever there is I believe is not anti-American, but some folks are happy Putin is keeping Western governments from getting out of hand. They so wanted to create another war with Syria, and Putin challenged that. Putin saved Western soldiers that would have been killed if Obama and Kerry would have had their way. The idea is that we cannot challenge the corrupt idiots in power, but Putin can, and every time he does, he wins over a little more of the crowd.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's not as simple as just packing up and leave because there are houses, cars, jobs that they must leave behind. However, don't forget that this so called Western standard of living is putting people in a lot of debt(just look at what you pay with your electricity bills, housing, etc. this is on top of paying a ton of insurance. At the end of the day, can one really say one life is better than the other? What happens is that we've simply transitioned from an agricultural lifestyle to an urbanized one). Also, just because people want to live here doesn't mean they agree with all of your ideologies. They agree with ideas like democracy, but not your warlike ways. If you think people could move to countries like Canada, Australia, Japan, and all the European countries, wouldn't they do that instead?

Don't forget that you're 17 trillion in debt. The only reason you've been able to maintain such a high standard of living is because you've had to constantly gone to wars with other countries and took their resources. To put it simply, the current lifestyle is not sustainable with the current population(if your population is too high, then it doesn't matter if it's capitalism or communism, the standard of living will be low regardless, just look at India), not to mention it puts a huge strain on Mother Earth.

Eventually, you will see a new kingdom(literally) arise and teach this world how to be much more efficient. However, for now, I will not say more than that as to not ruin the suspense too much.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
BTW, the use of the atomic bombs was not even the U.S's greatest war crime. it was the use of 20,000,000 gallons of Agent Orange(not to mention Napalms equalling to 20 Hiroshima, and unlike the Japanese, we did nothing to deserve that). Not asking for sympathy, but you will see why I posted this eventually.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

buster2010

SLAYER69

buster2010

Exactly

Perhaps your Intentionally twisting facts

Unable to resolve tensions with the largely pro-Russian autonomous region of Crimea, Kiev is bombarding Moscow with accusations and warnings. Some politicians have even threatened to restock Ukraine’s nuclear arsenal.

Threatened to nuke? No... Threatened to "restock"

This is not threating to nuke anyone especially when they DO NOT posses them

And rightly so when Russia broke its promises and has show aggression and violating there boarder not to mention annexing part of there country

However..

Russia does have Nukes and threatened to use them countless times in recent years

ALONG with Iran

AlONG with North Korea

ALONG with China

So that's ALL of the alliance threatening to use nukes and how many western countries made such threats? Others than asking and sanctioning people with aspirations to posses them?

The picture couldn't be more clearer, the enemy couldn't be more obvious.... and people wonder why they're being boxed in and contained and sanctioned lol

Do a little research on the Ukraine.
Nuke 8 million Russians in Ukraine: Tymoshenko

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Relevant

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join