It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Lovers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I would understant if they spread lies but these topics u mentioned as propaganda have too much truth and passion in it to be just propaganda out of moscov, could it be you just want to see them as propaganda machine?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The pro Russia, Putin lover slurs are nothing more than an attempt to silence debate on the current Ukrainian crisis. To make one not question what's going on , on the ground. It reminds me of the " with us or against us " nonsense spouted by George Bush. Generally used by people who can only see one side to a story or are so blinded by their own nationalism, they deliberately choose not to look at the other side.

Being anti bs does not make you pro Russian or a Putin lover, just anti bs.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

pheonix358
reply to post by TritonTaranis

It was WW1 not WW2.

P

I didn't know the Chinese fought in WW1 perhaps you're India then

Yes the Chinese did declare war on Germany on August 14, 1917.
My father oldest brother died with French Soldiers, My father wasn't sure of his brothers job.
But yes, China did declare war with Germany.

Aug 14, 1917:
China declares war on Germany

Link

edit on 1-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The Putin crush is purely a conservative thing. Some of his fans have been social conservative stalwarts who for years have praised him for his anti-gay agenda because they agree with him that America is "Godless." Then there are a lot of politicians and pundits who have drawn comparisons between the President and Putin and have glorified Putin for his "strength" to contrast Obama's "weakness." In actuality, Putin's "strength" is really corruption and dictatorial rule -- apparently believers in the proverb, 'the enemy of mine enemy is my friend.' At the same time, these very same people are quick to label the President a dictator the instant he shows any hint of fortitude. Whether or not a person believes the President has faltered in his foreign policy, attacking him by venerating Putin is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I'm a social liberal, yet have still had the "Putin lover"slur, slung in my direction, for nothing more than questioning the current legitimacy and political make up of the government in Kiev.

I notice those using these slurs aren't moving out to the Ukraine or strapping on their tin hats in perpetration of the defence of the Ukraine. Instead they choose to close down any debate with their childish slurs.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That's unfortunate. The affectionate fawning over Putin has been going on since before Viktor Yanukovych was ousted.

Here's some examples compiled in September:

Media Matters on Right-Wing Media's Love Affair with Putin

and this is from December:

Pat Buchanan on theamericanconservative.com

and these memes like using the word "embolden" and "weakness" at every opportunity (brainwashing) continue to resonate in the echo chamber and the rhetoric gets increasingly vitriolic and now we have statements like:

And you say Russia is a regional power? With all due respect Mr. President, Putin is a pig, but he's been bitch-slapping you since the Edward Snowden mess. -- Jeanine Pirro on Fox News

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I'm well aware over certain groups fawning over Putins social policy stances, especially those of the more conservative persuasion. Its not my belief at all. In fact I've made threads about the mistreatment of homosexuals in Russia only to be surprised at the homophobia displayed in the response of some posters.

I'm no Putin lover. Yet that doesn't mean I think he's Hitler or has intentions anything like the 3rd Reich, unlike some of the more hysterical posters on ATS.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

Face it Obama looks like a second rate chump compared to Putin. I have no love one way or the other for either, im only calling it as it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

pheonix358

TritonTaranis

pheonix358

It was WW1 not WW2.

P

The best you can do is to continue with the attempts at insults. Time and time again. I have no respect for your views, never will have.

P

Sorry I'm simply responding to your attempted insults and the feeling is mutual, looking forward to correcting and exposing more of your agenda based lies on here in future tho oh and your friends and alias

Oh and by the way I would still like you to prove your true nationality

It's a challenge... I'll likely keep pestering you on it as you really do fit the profile off such people who regularly spout there hatred for the west online and I'm rarely wrong

edit on 1-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

woodwardjnr

I'm a social liberal, yet have still had the "Putin lover"slur, slung in my direction, for nothing more than questioning the current legitimacy and political make up of the government in Kiev.

I notice those using these slurs aren't moving out to the Ukraine or strapping on their tin hats in perpetration of the defence of the Ukraine. Instead they choose to close down any debate with their childish slurs.

I'm not sure why you would be worried by the newly installed government in Ukraine

It's a democracy

They'll be an election

The people will vote

But then again that won't make a blind bit of difference since the conspiracy theorist are convinced the protesters/people of Ukraine are Nazis too

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

It doesn't matter who the protesters were, I'm more concerned with who runs the government.

The protesters in Egypt were young liberal types . That didn't stop the conservative Muslim brotherhood winning a democratic election.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Russian Lovers
Better say,

soundcloud.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I'm not sure why you would be worried by the newly installed government in Ukraine

It's a democracy

They'll be an election

The people will vote

You see, there's the problem. Generally, in a democracy, the people vote before the government is installed.

Oh, and by the way, I'm Australian as well...should I send you a photocopy of my passport? Maybe sing a few lines from "Am I ever gonna see your face again" ?? Your demands for "Papers Please" is a little....well you Know.....
edit on 1-4-2014 by Flatcoat because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The entire thread is a straw man argument so there is no point arguing it.

Accusing those that in any way agreed that Crimean citizens gain their freedom from a nation that they feel they don't wish being part of and joining the nation they do and historically have long been part of is not the same as ''Russia love'', nor is it ''America hate''.

So ranting about it in such a way just shows lack of insight and clarity and is also just baiting people for responses.

Next thread could logically be:

''So you like Brie, then *** off to France you non patriot French lovers''.

Seriously low brow threads are the bane of ATS.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Crumbles

I love America, and everything it stands for.
That is all.

And are you aware of everything that this corporation stands for?..If you are..Im sorry to hear that.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Flatcoat

You see, there's the problem. Generally, in a democracy, the people vote before the government is installed.

I guess the way Russia went about it was any better?

Invade another country's territory then have an election to declare themselves part of Russia.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So basically, what I got from reading your OP is that you love America and America can do no wrong and people that point out Americas double standards all suck and hate themselves and should be barred from free speech.

And of course the only thing you can say to us "self haters" is to leave if we don't like it?

Sorry, but if I have to put up with people like you spewing your unwanted opinions then I guess you will have to suffer through others.

That's why its called "free speech" otherwise its just "free speech as long as I agree with it."

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

pheonix358

TritonTaranis

pheonix358

It was WW1 not WW2.

P

The best you can do is to continue with the attempts at insults. Time and time again. I have no respect for your views, never will have.

P

Sorry I'm simply responding to your attempted insults and the feeling is mutual, looking forward to correcting and exposing more of your agenda based lies on here in future tho oh and your friends and alias

Oh and by the way I would still like you to prove your true nationality

It's a challenge... I'll likely keep pestering you on it as you really do fit the profile off such people who regularly spout there hatred for the west online and I'm rarely wrong

edit on 1-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

This post of yours is a call on discrimination based on nationality and should be treated like that.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Waterdog1

Sorry, I didn't realize that the definition of the word "democracy" was up for discussion. For a start, the russian troops were already in Crimea. They didn't invade, they mobilized. Secondly, The Crimean vote was peaceful, as opposed to Ukraine where there were bloody, violent riots, many deaths, and no elections. So yeah, I'll take the Crimean version of "democracy" thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

It is NOT SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO simple to leave. IF it was I'd have been in France a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join