It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Lovers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Crumbles
reply to post by pheonix358

I understood where it was coming from. I was just making the point more clear for you. Looking outside in from AUS? Apparently that is contested in some way. Do you pretend to know what your grandparents went threw in WWI. Your point to the thread is you are coming from reading both ways, and making a judgement. So would you call what your grandparents did in WWI atrocious. No because you were not there so you have no way of knowing. Now that was the context of me taking your point and using it as an advantage to mine.

NO! You did not understand where it was coming from.

Go back to the post, read the quoted text, and then read my reply. Put it together. Come on, you can do it mate. Try!

Here is the post. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bloody hell!

P

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I would visit the place but not live there. I see a lot of people now saying things about how Russia is twice as powerful at everything than all other parts of the world. Recently I seen a YouTube comment saying something like "In Russia they don't need gun, they use bare hand to kill grizzly bear." Statements like these are so foolish I have no words. I also found an entire channel dedicated to Russia being the number one country.
www.youtube.com...
You're right. Go live there if you like it so much.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

The very act of saying "Murika" is bashing my country. Throwing insults isn't bashing I forgot. Now please act innocent some more bub.

We had exchange students from Germany. Believe it or not a small town somehow got exchange students from Germany. We thought that was so cool. I have nothing bad to say about Germans as a people. When we start talking about the past though many people have hateful things to say. It doesn't mean the citizens did anything wrong, but the majority of people on here and other places tend to go after the people of a country when they have no choices in the matter.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

No I do understand. I was just using the fact you said your grandparents were in WWI to show how viewpoints can be used and abused from outside parties.

Bloody Hell

edit on 31-3-2014 by Crumbles because: Work in the morning. Goodnight all.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Crumbles

The very act of saying "Murika" is bashing my country. Throwing insults isn't bashing I forgot. Now please act innocent some more bub.

The the derogative term "Murican" refers to a certain thickheaded kind of US Americans, certainly not your whole people, nor country.

I read many very reflected and intellectually rigorous posts and threads on here by Americans whom I respect alot for having the greatness to acknowledge the errors of their current Government.

(It's probably still wrong to use the term "Murican"... this is the rant section though.)
edit on 31-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Crumbles

No I do understand. I was just using the fact you said your grandparents were in WWI to show how viewpoints can be used and abused from outside parties.

Bloody Hell

No Mate. Triton made reference to the fact that I am a recent immigrant that hates the West. I replied to show how long my descendants have been in this country.

Try reading comprehension. It is a good field of study!

P

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

pheonix358

Crumbles

Bloody Hell

No Mate. Triton made reference to the fact that I am a recent immigrant that hates the West. I replied to show how long my descendants have been in this country.

Try reading comprehension. It is a good field of study!

P

You didn't prove anything of the sort

You just dropped the "my grandparents fought in WW2" chestnut

Provide evidence of it then

Which regiment ?

So you can prove it no?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

It was WW1 not WW2.

P

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would suggest the OP understand history more clearly to grasp the situation with Russia and its neighbors. Two excellent articles come to mind and I suggest you read them. The first article is from David Bromwich, Professor of Literature, Yale, called Ukraine and Iraq: A Reminder. The other article is by Paul Craig Roberts, www.paulcraigroberts.org, Called, Pushing toward the final war.
I find it quite amusing how much flag waving and political cheering/bashing takes place on ATS, a conspricy site of all things.
I'm pretty sure our history books are written to always reflect us in a positive light. Same goes for our biased, both left and right, media propaganda machines. Speaking as though the US gubmint is of high moral authority and honest of all things is completely disingenuous and quite absurd, especially on a conspiracy website.
Not understanding the true nature of current events is understandable if you get your news from the propaganda spin machine as opposed to credible sources. It is my opinion that there are no credible news sources on cable tv. Another poster suggested the true patriot questions everything their own government does. I believe that is true as well. However, if one still believes that their political party of choice is better than then the opposition then that too seems simple-minded to me, as opposed to seeing the left/right paradigm for the farce it really is.
Please understand, there are always two sides to everything. In the words of author Jordan Maxwell, "Nothing works the way you think it does". It is true. Maybe if you take time to read the two articles I suggested you may be able to reevaluate your position. And learn to follow the money. Understanding the far reaching power of the Federal Reserve Bank and its proxy the IMF should make it much easier to understand what is happening in the East.
P.S. I am an American veteran too.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

pheonix358

It was WW1 not WW2.

P

I didn't know the Chinese fought in WW1 perhaps you're India then

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
RAWR RAWR RAWR NATIONALISM. YOUR OPINION DONT MATTER CUZ 'MURICA.

Seriously. Just because people disagree with your opinion and can see the other side of the issue doesn't make them "Russia lovers" or Putin fan boys. And for the record, NATO includes more than just the U.S.A. That is what makes it an effective alliance. People who live in member nations have just as much right to sound off on the issue as you do. People outside of NATO nations also have the right to sound off about it, because it could affect them too if the crisis in the Ukraine were to blow up.

Last time I checked, America is still a somewhat free country and freedom of speech was still a guaranteed right. If you don't like it, maybe you should move.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

pheonix358

It was WW1 not WW2.

P

I didn't know the Chinese fought in WW1 perhaps you're India then

The best you can do is to continue with the attempts at insults. Time and time again. I have no respect for your views, never will have.

P

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

ColCurious

pheonix358
Fleeing is for Girlies. Besides, if all the awake people leave, then, who is left!

How about they all stick around and help water the Tree of Liberty.

I am sick and tired of people 'fleeing' or being asked to "flee'

Bugger that! Fix up the mess you made in your own back yard.

Generally, I like Americans, but guys, your Government sucks!

P

Good post.

Patriotism shows in bad weather! (and patriotism is universal, so don't give me # that it's none of my business "cuz I'm not 'Murican"...)

Don't like the criticism? Then get up and address the underlying causes for it, instead of crying that nobody believes in your '"Murica #1" nonesense anymore! Those Americans that do criticise are the real patriots.

The real patriots are the ones who stand up against evil, in any form. You, ColCurious should be aware of how instrumental our government was and President Ronald Reagan in particular, in thwarting the Soviet Union and tearing down the Berlin wall.
www.foxnews.com...

“The Soviets will be unhappy,” Reagan recorded in his diary of that day. That was only the beginning.

After the speech, he diligently continued his campaign for freedom. As historian Steven Hayward documented, over “the next year and a half before he left office, repeated the call to tear down the wall another fourteen times: four times in his Saturday radio addresses, 3 times in special radio broadcasts to Europe, 5 times in speeches to U.S. audiences, and twice during interviews with foreign journalists.” While the Soviets squirmed and the East Germans worked on reinforcing the wall, U.S. intelligence began observing increased cable traffic from Moscow to East Germany suggesting that East Germans ease restrictions on passing through the wall.

The Berlin Wall finally fell in November 1989, 29 months after President Reagan ignored the naysayers. Solidarity came to power in Poland, with Czechoslovakia following. Wrote Marian Krzaklewski, chairman of Solidarity, “Ronald Reagan was the main author of the victory of the free world over the evil empire.” In a final gesture, the Warsaw Pact was dissolved and the three Baltic republics that had disappeared with the 1939 deal between Hitler and Stalin – Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia – reclaimed their independence.

They fell to freedom like dominoes – after the President’s words pushed the first one over. One cannot ignore how his powerful conviction ended the Cold War by firing a verbal salvo, an oratorical demand to let freedom prevail.

As he said at the time of his demand, “It wasn’t merely a polite suggestion.”

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
1. left that cesspool you call a country decades ago.
2. they have some beautiful women in russia .. ex wife #8 was russian
3. too cold in winter time to live in russia

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AreUKiddingMe

i Agreeee, i thought all this smelt like a Disinformation session. but from which party? both are capable of producing creditable disinformation. Or are they both working together.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AreUKiddingMe

Meaning? I shouldn't criticise the wrong-doings of todays US Governments because Reagan??

Besides... quite a few people believe themselves to be responsible for the German reunification.
If you ask me, it was 16 million people who were really responsible.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Maybe you are right about 16 million people being responsible for the reunification, noted and recognized. Our President was instrumental and it may not have happened at all without his intervention.
Criticism of anything is part of open debate. Bashing for the sake of bashing alone is what gets old.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Why i must be Russia lover if i see something good about them and same time i see too much uglyness on America, they are the biggest rivals, atleast that it appears to me and Russia have made some difference in the world lately and they done it to stop America and other westerners attacking countries bombing with drones and sh1t. I dont hate America but i sure dont have much love left either for them, past decade how many ppl America killed in Midd-east, do u even care? You can bet your leaders have create more enemies than enought for long time, so many families lost their members, children blown to pieces, alot of orphans who will grow some what hating America and you should also understant that your sweet power will not last forever and all that sweet power over others doesnt mean sh1t in the end when so many want to strike back one day they might just get to do that in big way too and one little weak moment now and many others will rush in. I do not wish that happend to your citizens but something must happend to end this cycle.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I am a freedom lover and a truth lover. If that makes me an America-hater or Russia-lover, so be it.

Putin seized back control of his country from the multi-billionaires who stole literally half the wealth while everyone else was starving.

Putin refuses to let Russia bend over and take it like every other country when the U.S. drops its pants.

And I hear he rides a polar bear while carrying a Gatling gun.

OK that last one might be false.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Snsoc because: clarity

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

Maybe some readers and member have seen my posts before I believe we are seeing a propaganda campaign coming out of Moscow. I believe many of these "new" members are actually pushing talking points for an agenda.

I also believe this issue is not the only campaign we have seen......TEPCO,Health care,BP oil spill,Middle eastern topics. It is very hard to tell who is passionate and who is payed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join