It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aspartame amd it's medical use?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Seriously.
There's no way to escape aspartame, at least not forever. Sometimes you just want a grape Shasta and, whoop... there's aspartame.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

It is almost everywhere now, since I first read about it a couple of years ago it's just become more apparent that it's there. For me it's just another fluoride thing, people in the professional positions (Dentists, Pharmacists etc.) will say these things are harmless etc. Yet studies and people who research into this deeply seem to disagree strongly, I just sit in the middle waiting for solid evidence for one side. Either way it can't be good for you if it's artificial

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by conz1992

I feel like you, in the middle. I've been drinking it for years and I feel fine. But on the other hand, I wonder if my health is gonna suffer further on down the line.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I've been drinking 1/2 cans of green monster energy drink a day for the past...2 years now? There's been 2 occasions that stick out (in the past 4 months) where I've drunk 2 cans after another and I had a funny 20 minutes where all I can feel is my very out of time heartbeat rattling my body with a headache to follow... I know it isn't good for me, and I know it'll creep up in my later years, but I just can't stop.

I can definitely see how people have died drinking it, but these are people who have drunk like 4-5 cans and they've usually been quite young from what I've read. So who knows?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Actually what you are talking about is a mixture of caffeine and taurine. That stuff is dangerous. I'm glad I never got hooked to that stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Ha it may be a little late for me, although I haven't had one today. At £1.50 a can it adds up at the end of the month!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Unfortunately, nowadays Aspartame (amino sugar, sorbitol) all the same, are in a lot of over the counter foods, such as: Cornflakes and cereals with marshamallows, Oreo, some Cadbury products, most of the chewing gums, and a lot of medications, etc...
It has been proven that Aspartame is a direct cause of: Cancer, Parkinson, Alzheimer, multiple sclerosis and also Autism in your generation or your kids generation...
A lot of info is available on the web, some of the good sites also is naturalnews.
Be careful of these poisons!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RedAmnesia

Yep, all mainstream food is bad.

It's gotta say; organic, non GMO project verified, grass fed, cage free, vegan, NO artificial sweeteners, NO preservatives.......ect, stuff like that, to be even remotely good for us.
edit on 4-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Maybe you knew it already, sorry than and skip.

But Aspartame and other light sweeteners ... stay away until the truth is clear. That can take still 20 years ... remember tobacco, astbestos ... There is apparently nothing good with aspartame. It seem to be a life-shortener. The following study will be peer reviewed so it's seems not a trash study. That does not mean it will withstand the review. There so many forces that are involved. But I took my conclusions.

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think this is where the lines become blurred.

People are VERY quick around these kinds of topics, to jump to the conclusion that "the government" are feeding us aspartame or anything similar to make us ill, stupid, dumb.. you name it.... I often think this is where conspiracy theorists take an inch and run a mile at times.

As far as i am aware aspartame (although not GREAT for you) causes no harm in the doses you find in food/drink products. Medicine? Maybe higher quantities mean side effects could occur.

I'm not a lover of the stuff, and if you can avoid it, go for it. But i doubt it'll do you any harm if you drink a diet coke.
edit on 4-4-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

RedAmnesia
Unfortunately, nowadays Aspartame (amino sugar, sorbitol) all the same, are in a lot of over the counter foods, such as: Cornflakes and cereals with marshamallows, Oreo, some Cadbury products, most of the chewing gums, and a lot of medications, etc...
It has been proven that Aspartame is a direct cause of: Cancer, Parkinson, Alzheimer, multiple sclerosis and also Autism in your generation or your kids generation...
A lot of info is available on the web, some of the good sites also is naturalnews.
Be careful of these poisons!

Proven? where please?

"Aspartame has been the sweetener with the biggest 'conspiracy theory' stories ever- ranging from behaviour issues in children to liver damage and cancer - all totally disproven, yet again, by this detailed scientific review."

Linky : www.bbc.co.uk...

Not a fan of the stuff, but y'know..

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
for me

Aspartame is not sweet and i can not describe how bad it tastes.

Aspartame increases the pain of my fibromyalgia/neuropathy.

aspartame is number two on my do not use sweeteners.

Any of the sugar alcohols are my number one do not use sweeteners.
i am maltitol, xylitol, erythritol,and sorbitol intolerant. I get real bad gas and abdominal pain, and diarrhea and you can not pass the gas without passing liquid. diaper time.

Sugar alcohols are found most commonly in food products labeled “sugar-free,” including hard candies, cookies, chewing gums, soda, AND some MEDICATIONS.

Some people with IBS may not have IBS but be Sorbitol intolerant.

Many stevia blends have much more erythritol than stevia,
Read more at www.kitchenstewardship.com...

www.tandfonline.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join