It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Minute Rush for Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Tonight at Midnight is the deadline for enrollment in Obamacare and as predicted there has been a last minute rush.

HealthCare.gov was down for six hours early Monday morning. Then it was up. Then it activated its “virtual waiting room.” Then it blocked newcomers trying to create accounts. Then it was working again, with officials reporting more than 1.2 million visitors by mid-day.

And it looks like the goal of 7,000,000 will be met after all.

Enrollment had surpassed the revised 6 million threshold as of last Wednesday, and call center activity, website traffic and lines at in-person help centers around the country suggested the numbers were soaring. California alone passed 1.2 million, its state exchange said.

Deadline day: Obamacare glitches, take 2

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

What a joke!!!

I have a young lady whom moved in with me (because she was about to become homeless) and she was on the phone with them and she got disconnected! They made a point to ask her how to contact her if she got disconnected and they DID NOT call her back!!!

PLUS!!!!! PLUSSSSSS!!!!!! When they were talking to her they wanted my Social Security Number!!! Why?????

You can put lipstick on this pig all you want! It's still a PIG!

EDIT: OH!!!! I forgot to mention! She was on the phone for 3 hours NO call back and they just closed their phone lines!
edit on 31-3-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"Enrolled" huh, i wonder how many have paid their first premium.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

“virtual waiting room.” Translation: Obamacare Limbo.

I have 3 personal friends that have spent the last 2 weeks trying to get enrolled in an Obamacare program. Due to absolute confusion from the website end, they were given *temporary* insurance, that will be reviewed in the next 4 weeks to see what's really happening.

Really? Temporary insurance? I bet you my bottom dollar a lot of other folk, were assigned into the *temporary* category to bolster numbers they'll be releasing tomorrow. Yes, all 3 of my friends I mentioned have regular jobs.

Des

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

And it looks like the goal of 7,000,000 will be met after all. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Says the government!

How many people paid their 'premiums' is what I want to know as well.

edit on 31-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

seeker1963

What a joke!!!

I have a young lady whom moved in with me (because she was about to become homeless) and she was on the phone with them and she got disconnected! They made a point to ask her how to contact her if she got disconnected and they DID NOT call her back!!!

PLUS!!!!! PLUSSSSSS!!!!!! When they were talking to her they wanted my Social Security Number!!! Why?????

You can put lipstick on this pig all you want! It's still a PIG!

EDIT: OH!!!! I forgot to mention! She was on the phone for 3 hours NO call back and they just closed their phone lines!
edit on 31-3-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

My Friend
I posted this just, in my thread. This can help your lady friend I think.
Harry can'y Blame US ELDERLY anymore here are Obamas reasons she can use.

That includes consumers who had begun enrolling by the deadline but didn't finish, perhaps because of errors, missing information or website glitches. The government says it will accept paper applications until April 7 and take as much time as necessary to handle unfinished cases on HealthCare.gov. Rules may vary in states running their own insurance marketplaces.

The administration is also offering special extensions to make up for all sorts of problems that might have kept people from getting enrolled on time: Natural disasters. Domestic abuse. Website malfunctions. Errors by insurance companies. Mistakes by application counselors.

To seek a special enrollment period, contact the federal call center, at 1-855-889-4325, or the state marketplace and explain what happened. It's on the honor system. If the extension is approved, that brings another 60 days to enroll.

Link
I hope it all works out for her, it's a crying shame we have to be forced by our own Government to buy something we may not be able to afford.
Plus, Obamas Shovel Ready JOBS, Never Materialized Did They?
That's What You Get When you Allow The Touchy Feelly People To Vote!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I laugh at this so called deadline, and won't ever sign up for something as freedom killing as Obamacareless is. Plus it doesn't comply as constitutional and I don't accept illegal demands from any government body.

It's a giant parasite just waiting for people to attach to it and then it will turn on them and suck the life from them.

No thanks..

Plus Obama still thinks he is above congress and continues to modify rules by self affirmation and declaration which is hilarious and highly illegal. That is up the legislative branch not the branch he is in, they should be color coded so he can tell the difference easier.. What an ignorant moron Obama is.
edit on 31-3-2014 by alienreality because: fix

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Out of the 50 trillion that have signed up for Obamacare,

how many are just re-enrolling into medicare and had to use the Obamacare website?
How many signed in just to be curious?
How many signed in yet didn't pay?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Where ya at Brit?

Propaganda drop gone wrong?

Gonna be like Harry Reid and call me a liar?

This OP is nothing more that political trolling! So far it is a pump and dump!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Oh Really ? The Website Crashed Yesterday , Good Luck with that Suckers.........

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The 7,000,000 target seems even more likely....

The first annual enrollment period under the health law ends today, with early returns suggesting the Obama administration may approach the 7 million sign-ups it expected before the U.S. health exchange website, healthcare.gov, faltered when it opened in October.

Obamacare Enrollment Heading to 7 Million at Deadline

Excellent!

Now, let's get The Public Option set up for next year and then......on to Single Payer.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What number includes:

1. Medicaid re-signers ?

2. People getting new policies because of cancellations?

3. Total paid to date?

Maybe 1/2 are actually "new".

And what about the estimated 36 million that were "un-insured" and eligible?

Bad sales pitch.

--------
and be careful with the subsidies ....

Court Will Decide If ACA Language Bars Health Subsidies In 34 States

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

BritofTexas
The 7,000,000 target seems even more likely....

The first annual enrollment period under the health law ends today, with early returns suggesting the Obama administration may approach the 7 million sign-ups it expected before the U.S. health exchange website, healthcare.gov, faltered when it opened in October.

Obamacare Enrollment Heading to 7 Million at Deadline

Excellent!

Now, let's get The Public Option set up for next year and then......on to Single Payer.

And how many people lost their healthcare because of the 'affordable' care act again ?

4 million?

5 million ?

Yeah the 'affordable' care act was such a 'success'.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

xuenchen
and be careful with the subsidies ....
Court Will Decide If ACA Language Bars Health Subsidies In 34 States

It'd be great if the Right Wing Governors start denying subsidies and therefore Coverage to their voters.

Here in Texas, Abbot through Perry, is already in trouble for not expanding Medicaid. Let him threaten to stop people getting Insurance and........Welcome Governor Davis.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Enrolling and paying for it are two very different things.

new topics

top topics

join