It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI, US military in hunt for one-time recruit planning 'Fort Hood-style jihad'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
FBI, US military in hunt for one-time recruit planning 'Fort Hood-style jihad'

Seems that the hunt is on for another 'jihadi' who somehow slipped under the radar of the US government...or did he? Hasan was very outspoken prior to the Ft Hood shooting but there was to be no profiling which led to the death of dozens of US soldiers. Muhammad Abdullah Hassan is his name and goes by Booker.

he alert, whose legitimacy was confirmed by military and law enforcement officials, stated that a man identified as Booker had told friends of his "intention to commit jihad." Booker, who is also known as Muhammad Abdullah Hassan, was recruited by the U.S. Army in Kansas City, Mo., in February 2014 and was scheduled to report for basic training on April 7. But he was discharged last week, apparently after law enforcement authorities learned of his alleged plan.

Both the FBI and the 902d Military Intelligence Group at Fort Leavenworth are involved in the hunt.

The part that is a little worrisome is this...

Law enforcement sources familiar with the alert said it appeared to suggest that there may be others in addition to Booker who also might have expressed similar intentions to commit jihad against U.S. military installations.

So, any chance the shooting in Norfolk was related to a dry run to prep for this gauging response time and how easy it is to simply get on to a major military installation? He has the same taken name as the Mad Mullah so get ready folks. He said it was imminent.

edit on 03pm31pmfu2014-03-31T16:11:10-05:000410 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Link to article?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AreUKiddingMe

Putting the title into Google resulted in this search result ...

Fox News article

I hope that helps!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZonedOut

Hmm interesting. I don't know what to make of it...yet. We need to keep an eye on this...thanks for the article and link!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Intention to commit Jihad......

That makes absolutely no sense since jihad means "struggle".

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You know this and I know this but many sheep in the west think it means "war with the west and against westerners AKA infidels!"

And once any alphabet agency has control of the language they distort it as they please.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

ZonedOut

You know this and I know this but many sheep in the west think it means "war with the west and against westerners AKA infidels!"

And once any alphabet agency has control of the language they distort it as they please.

He has no valid military ID to gain access to a military installation so unless the idiot charges the gate he's going to find difficulty in trying to locate targets.

Hopefully he is stopped before anyone, including himself, gets hurt.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yes ... but that is unrelated to the distortion of language ...

The alert, whose legitimacy was confirmed by military and law enforcement officials, stated that a man identified as Booker had told friends of his "intention to commit jihad."

So we have hearsay information from military and law enforcement officials who say that he told his friends of his "intention to commit jihad.", theoretically making the use of the term 'jihad' his own words.

Was the term "jihad" his words, his friends words, or the military and law enforcement officials words?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

ZonedOut

Yes ... but that is unrelated to the distortion of language ...

The alert, whose legitimacy was confirmed by military and law enforcement officials, stated that a man identified as Booker had told friends of his "intention to commit jihad."

So we have hearsay information from military and law enforcement officials who say that he told his friends of his "intention to commit jihad.", theoretically making the use of the term 'jihad' his own words.

Was the term "jihad" his words, his friends words, or the military and law enforcement officials words?

Valid point and I have no idea... I have not seen the broadcast yet

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
seems like the FBI already had him and let him go.

wtf? now they are looking for him?

then again, it's only "work place violence" right?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Here is a little more information on our 'jihadi'

link

Hassan’s Facebook page is full of postings about jihad, including this one on March 19:

“Getting ready to be killed in jihad is a HUGE adrenaline rush!! I am so nervous. NOT because I’m scared to die but I am EAGER to meet my lord.”

He said in an earlier post on March 15:

“Oh those of the ummah of the Prophet Muhammad(S). I will soon be leaving you forever so goodbye! I am going to wage jihad and hopes that i die. I want to be with my lord so bad that I cry but I will miss you guys I am not going to lie. I wish I could give you guys more but I am just a guy who is so very poor. I am telling you I am so broke that my pockets are sore
I cannot wait to go the Prophet Muhammad’s(S) door and prank Isa bin Maryam and party so hard that it will rock Jannah to its core. Only Allah knows what the future has in store so that should make you fear Allah much much more.”

He also shared photos of Osama bin Laden.

Hassan graduated from Topeka West High School and went through the Flint Hills Job Corps center.

Looking for attention or looking for JIhad? Today you never know...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am currently serving my tour of duty at FT. HOOD, TX.
I have heard bits an pieces, not a whole lot.
Ill keep an ear an eye out for anything unusual an report back my findings.
I work Staff position, so if anything DOES happen, Ill be the first to know.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Arnie123
I am currently serving my tour of duty at FT. HOOD, TX.
I have heard bits an pieces, not a whole lot.
Ill keep an ear an eye out for anything unusual an report back my findings.
I work Staff position, so if anything DOES happen, Ill be the first to know.

Hopefully he is located before anyone is killed.

Thank you for your service.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
ACTIVE SHOOTER CURRENTLY ON POST, REPORTS OF SOME INJURIES, SHOOTER STILL AT LARGE.
I had just left BN too an got home when the post Sirens went off.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ill keep updates if I hear anything else.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Got one person, don't know if its a Civie or Soldier that was wounded currently on route to hospital.
Shooter still at large.
Last seen near Medical Facilities and Battle Simulators.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Arnie123
ACTIVE SHOOTER CURRENTLY ON POST, REPORTS OF SOME INJURIES, SHOOTER STILL AT LARGE.
I had just left BN too an got home when the post Sirens went off.

I just saw it on Fox.

Nothing to report other than they are on lock down.

I thought I just read today that the guy they thought was planning a shooting there was cleared??

edit on 2-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So far we got 3 wounded now.
Shooter is still at large.
Sirens going off like crazy.
I got NCOs sending txt msg for 100% acct.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

They thought wrong.
Or it could be a whole different person. Who knows.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Yeah, I see that!

I wonder if he was in cahoots with others?

*ponder*

I hope everyone else stays safe, and be glad you are not there today!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join