It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name is Jesse Ventura, Ask Me Anything.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Mr. Ventura, I always had the highest respect for you, but my faith in you got shattered when I saw you virtually destroying David Icke over his belief in reptilians. Now, I don't know that reptilians really exist, but I've seen so many things of the "Horatio..." kind that I wouldn't ridicule anyone for believing in something out of the norm.

Since you're interested in uncovering conspiracies, why did you act the way you did with David Icke?

My only response to that is that we're doing television, and quite frankly, I didn't believe Mr. Icke at all, and I had to be honest about it. If you believe that honesty isn't the best policy then I'm not your man. I didn't believe in his program, and I had to be honest about it.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JesseVentura

Good afternoon Governor and thank you for sharing your time with us. I'm Canadian and am concerned with both of our Federal governments as I live in Canada and work in the United States. Our current prime minister seems to be more eager to follow the US in his foreign policy choices and economic paradigms. How much do you know about our participation in an NWO scenario?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey Jesse! Thanks for stopping by here on ATS!

My question is: How should we educate more people on the evils of The Non-affordable Healthcare Act? The approval rate is allegedly over 40%, which I believe is far higher than it would be if everyone knew just how badly it's already impacting some, and will impact the nation...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by starpoe31

Questions for Jesse Ventura... What are your thoughts on the Common Core "curriculum"?

I talked about this earlier as we just did an episode of "Off the Grid" on Common Core... I'm opposed to it, I have always thought that the federal government doesn't need to be in the education business, the states are perfectly capable of doing it themselves, and if I were in charge of it, I'd abolish the Education Department. Education should be done locally, because they are perfectly capable of doing it at a local level.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by karenc

Governor: Why has NASA become an after thought to our government? It must be more than "budget".

Thank you
Karen C

I don't know! I've never been involved in NASA in any way shape or form. It seems to me that the private sector is moving into space exploration. I don't know if that's a good idea or not, it seems to me that governments should be in charge of space exploration, but I might be wrong.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hi Jesse, Big fan here I guess I could ask you who killed JFK or whatever but I'll ask you this,
Are you in New orleans at the weekend?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by montesblues

Mr Ventura, What do you believe is the probability of Americans having to take to arms to regain our constitutional freedoms?

I would hope that the probability is slim to none. I would hope that we are people that have progressed far enough that we wouldn't have to resort to violence to change our government.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hello Jessie,

You've been an inspiration to me, throughout your illustrious career's as a Navy Seal, wrestler, movie star, politician and philosopher.

If you had a chance to be President of the United States...would you insist on full or even partial UFO disclosure to the American public and the rest of the world?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Ventura..First off, Gchi-Miigwetch (HUGE thanks) for taking the time to answer questions and do this AMA, greatly appreciated.

What are your thoughts on the current education system as a whole in America?
Again thanks for your time Sir.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Governor, Welcome to ATS.

I am also a Vet and one of the conspiracies (or theory) that I imagine is that the VA system is intentionally broken. It took 15+ years for them to accept that people were dying from Agent Orange, another 15 years to accept Gulf War syndrome and even fought against PTSD & TBI for some time. Trying to get a evaluation takes a lot of time and effort with long wait times in between.

Do you think that the VA intentionally drags their feet in the hopes that many Vets seeking help will die before they can receive it thus saving the Government money?

I think it's bigger than that even. I think that the politicians that send us to war, they don't give a damn about you after they send you. They make these grandiose promises. They call you patriots and heroes, but when it comes time to pay up, they aren't there for us. They weren't there for us during Vietnam. They aren't there for us now. Look at Bernie Sander's bill to get veterans their benefits, but Republicans shot it down, saying that we don't have money. They always have money to send us to war, but they don't have money to take care of us after the war is over.
It's not a bad reflection on the VA, but a bad reflection on the politicians who send us to war. The VA will spend the money if they get it, but the politicians won't give it to them.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JesseVentura

Jesse,

Politics are mess... How can America lessen the stranglehold corporations and special interest groups have on society if it is "communist and Un-American" to regulate their industries?

Because I believe government is a tool, I believe it can used to many things, good and bad alike. However, how can we distinguish between the "good and bad" policies when there is so much noise?

We all loved your wrestling skills when I was growing up BTW, currently I love your activism; thanks!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Mr. Ventura, Let me begin by saying, Thank you for your time, It is an honor to receive this opportunity.
What do YOU believe happened to MH370? I've heard some interesting theories, but I would love to hear your opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

Whats your top 5 music albums?

Holy smokes! One of them would be Led Zeppelin One, the first album. "Forty Licks" by the Rolling Stones, because it's 40 of their best songs on it. Jimi Hendrix's greatest hits. Bob Seger's greatest hits. And the Beatles "White Album." And if I didn't include the Beatles, it'd be the Eagles' greatest hits.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

JesseVentura
reply to post by Bellor

Holy smokes! One of them would be Led Zeppelin One, the first album. "Forty Licks" by the Rolling Stones, because it's 40 of their best songs on it. Jimi Hendrix's greatest hits. Bob Seger's greatest hits. And the Beatles "White Album." And if I didn't include the Beatles, it'd be the Eagles' greatest hits.

Yes Sir!

Close to my list!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

So exciting to have you join us tonight ! Best of Luck with your new program, our family will be tuning in! Thank-You for all your Good work!

Governor, I recall you discussing in an interview once how you felt the ability to participate in the Minnesota debates for Governor had been what secured your win there, although your were considered an "underdog" in that race. Will you consider giving a voice to 3rd party candidates on your new show? Do you think alternative media will have the ability to shift the "Left / Right" stalemate we currently have?

That's a difficult question, I can't answer whether or not the alternative media would help with that shift. I'd like to believe that they would, I would like to believe that in the near future that we'll have more than two choices. I'd like to believe that will happen, but I'm not overly optimistic about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Hello Governor and thank you for your service.

What are your favorite books, if any, written by members of the Seal Teams and why?

P.S. Your are always one of the best guests on Howard's show, enjoy listening to you.

Well thank you on all those fronts! My favorite book by a SEAL team member is "Rogue Warrior" by Richard Marcinko. Marcinko was the creator of the SEAL Team Six in the mid-80's. He's a friend of mine and it was the first real book that came out on the teams.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

First off, let me be honest, I'm not a big supporter of yours...
Having said that? I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.
You deserve to be heard, and hopefully your session here on ATS will be a first step in that process.
Welcome, sir, to ATS.
I do have a question for you, concerning your future political ambitions.
In general terms, what are they?

I don't have any political ambitions in general terms. I'm happy doing "Off the Grid" right now, and I don't have any political ambitions whatsoever. I don't like hanging out with Democrats and Republicans, so I choose to avoid them as much as possible. My only political ambitions are to be what I am-- a vigilant citizen.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join