It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Children killed in Chinese school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
A man armed with a knife broke in to a high school dormatory in China, killing eight students and injuring four others. The police do not know the motive behind the killings and are currently searching for the attacker.

Read more @ China Daily

(Thanx to OOPS for the link)

[edit on 26/11/04 by phlake]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Here's what China is saying..has a photo too...

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

The man broke into the high school with a knife in his hand at 23:45 Thursday night and chopped eight people to death and four others to injury, according to the local police who got the urgent report at 2:00 a.m. Friday.

The killer escaped from the spot after killing and is still at large. The local police said that they are trying their best to hunt the suspect.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Oops,

Your living in China, what the deal with all the violence in the schools / directed at children? Any insight?

Last month, a five-year-old boy and his teacher were killed at a Beijing kindergarten by a man trying to steal. The boy's body was found stuffed in a washing machine. In September, a man with a knife and homemade bombs attacked 28 children in a kindergarten in east China's Suzhou city. No one was killed. That same month, a knife-wielding man stabbed 25 children and kidnaped a nine-year-old girl at a primary school in eastern Shandong province. He was executed this week. Meanwhile, in August a mentally ill caretaker killed one child and injured 17 others in a knife attack at a Beijing kindergarten.

Stabbing

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I say another plague because every day I see more and more things like America. In the newspapers I have read often about the things that happen over there. Like the more than famous Columbine...

There are so many uneducated people here and to couple with that economic stress and factors it seems that violence is on the rise here. And schools is only one cog of the wheel in the cycle of violence that is escalating across the country...

I'll think about that question and get back to you...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It is first message here and I read this. It is sad day today to hear the news. I am in ChongQing Mr. OOPS do you know this place? Mr. FredT says you are in China too? You are Chinese?

It is too sorry but the violence in the China is not an American problem. We have a long long history and Violence has been a part of our culture for a long long time. It is too bad.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It is first message here and I read this. It is sad day today to hear the news. I am in ChongQing Mr. OOPS do you know this place? Mr. FredT says you are in China too? You are Chinese?

It is too sorry but the violence in the China is not an American problem. We have a long long history and Violence has been a part of our culture for a long long time. It is too bad.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Violence has always been a part of Chinese culture, and don't let the popular Western clich� of the little, smiling China man convince you otherwise. Every single change of government in Chinese history has been through violence. Chinese prisons are full of people incarcerated for killing their neighbors over a small dispute.

Violence and murders occur all over the country on a daily basis, and there is no "increasing trend", but only recently has the government escalated the reporting on it; for what reason is unclear. Perhaps they are learning from the Bush regime that you can use fear to control the mind of the people. Since the communist takeover in '49, the CCP has always tried to be the moral dictator (pun intended) of the masses. Newspapers are full of propaganda explaining how people should act and the "standard" for a decent Chinese citizen. Perhaps this is just the CCP turning its hand toward the violent aspect of Chinese society.

However you have to keep in mind that China has 1/4 of the world's population, so if you get 100 murders a month amongst a quarter of the world's people, you're still doing pretty damn good.

What they REALLY need to clean up is the road accident fatalities (100,000+/year) and fatalities caused by
work related diseases and occupational accidents (460,260 in the year 2003).

top topics

join