It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heatstroke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I was outside in 85 degree weather for 2 hours & I got heatstroke the other day. I know that sounds absurd, but it is true.

I think this sunspot minimum sun cycle has something to do with the increase in UV ray output from the sun. Maybe, because the energy of the sun is more subdued without as many solar flares, the sun holds that energy in and as a natural balance it is released in another frequency. Kinda like when an angry person holds in the hate, their face turns red because they don't let that energy out.

I've never got so red in the face so quick before. The last time I had heatstroke was 2006, and I was out in 100+ weather all day and this time did about as extreme of a number on me as the last time in way less time & way less heat.

Is there any evidence of the sun being intolerable during the Maunder Minimum (date 1645-1715)? Does this make sense to anyone?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

No...it doesnt make any sense. Heatstroke is heatstroke. Heat exhaustion is heat exhausion.

They are result of exposure. You cant blame the sun! You have to go with patient and the amount of exposure.

MS/ EMT-ERT
Advanced LIfe Support

PS There is a TON of material on both kind of exposure. Read up.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As much as I like conspiracies - It's not the sun, but how much you are in it.

For example, I came down with heat exhaustion a couple years ago - I decided that on Memorial Day, when it was 85 and high humidity (no clouds), that I was going to walk to the beach. Bear in mind, this was no easy walk - I forgot that the 8 mile walk was in an area with no shade, and while it might have been nice at 11:00am, coming back at 3-4 pm was the worst ever.

Basically, when I got inside, I drank about a gallon of water, and passed out; probably should have gone to the er, as I was still feeling the effects a few days later.

In short: You can get heatstroke and exhaustion any time of the year; you are just more likely to get it in the late spring/summer because it's warmer out, and you dehydrate quicker.

-fossilera

join