It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

owlspotting on $5 a day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

Not surprising, there have been many claims that J.K. Rowling "borrowed" (cough, billions of dollars, cough) things from many sources when she wrote her books. I've never seen that Ghost Bus book, but liked the bus in the Potter film (I think it was only in one).

I'd be glad to drop in and talk about owls and hawks and winged gods and goddesses, love them all (except when the hawks grab a squirrel in front of my eyes, happened a few years ago). With the woman who missed the Potter-future wife connection, I try not to imply but say things pretty straight. Words are just spoken or written symbols themselves, and I try to keep my spoken or written symbols either right on topic or with a twist of satire. I love the concept of how our various sounds, and how many ways can a tongue, palette, and a vocal box combine to make multiple sounds within a space of a few seconds to convey those symbols - amazing when I start to wrap my head around it. Our brains are set up to have trillions of variants in color/shade/brightness combinations, the range of voice expression is astronomical and that's not even counting the various accents of in different languages, and don't get me started on touch (you actually may have an interest in my short-term which turned into long-term experiment with my thumbs, I'll link my thread here. I still don't use my thumbs to type and can't recall if I ever did, www.abovetopsecret.com... ).

Before this gets too long, white owls and happy flights to you, soar with the air! Good to be talking to you more. I've got to go over your "signature' thread again, I've looked at it a few times and haven't wrapped my head around the edges of it yet. Thanks.
edit on 4-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join