It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshipping Satan?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

AnteBellum
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

I'm sorry you had to endure through that. I learned the hard way somethings you do can never be undone, especially when it's a personal loss like that. I'm glad you found your place.
Don't get me wrong I am in no way persecuting you for anything. In fact my half brother is a minister for a very large church. I have interesting conversations with him about the whole business aspect of it, which in my mind are contradictory but that's another topic.

All I can say truthfully is, in the end we will all know.

we'll you're certainly right about that. and no worries, it didn't come off like that. i'm in complete agreement with you concerning business/religion. i was raised by my jewish mother, my father was christian. both faiths have their issues with business/money contradictions as i imagine every organized religion dose. except maybe satanism, they have no qualms concerning greed. hah

but, like you said. there's no need for a threesome, for an intermediary or some institution.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Because the idea of worshiping the satan (adversary) as he is depicted in Christianity DOESN'T exist except in certain cults of boneheaded individuals. If you read the descriptions about the different types of satanism I posted, you'd see that this was the case. There is no widespread worshiping of evil as a religion. The OP's questions cannot be answered, because chances are, someone of the beliefs that the op is asking for doesn't exist on these forums and if they do, they are either alone in their beliefs or only part of a small group of others. Not to mention, the OP's questions lead the answerer on. They assume things about how Satanism works and therefore exclude people that could be equipped to answer those questions. If the OP didn't assume things like because it has the name Satan in the title that it is inherently evil and just asked general questions about how satanism works and is practiced, I'm sure he would have gotten FAR better responses than the ones he has gotten.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You worship satan every time you believe he exists.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

so there's no distinction between belief and worship?

so if i believe in bigfoot, does that mean i worship bigfoot? lol.

i think i understand where you were going with that. that belief gives power, but worship?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Attributing magical powers and qualities to something that has yet to reveal itself is superstition. In this sense, they are revering, honoring and glorifying satan by making him out to be something he is not.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

i used to practice/study wicca when i was younger so i was really into the idea of witchcraft. along the way as i got older i stopped practicing but, i thought it wise to try and educate myself concerning all areas of magic, light, dark and everything in between. so those answers weren't drawn from any book specifically. perhaps i should have said, "from my experience, i have learned that..."

Ah, I see!
Yes, I studied it intensively, and answered the questions without using a reference. I just put the links in there in case anyone else was interested in learning what Wicca is, as well as what it is not.

One thing the OP may want to think about -
in regards to urging people to not use the internet to get information. He himself was confused about the difference between "Satanists" and "Wiccans" (witches)....
it ought to be pointed out that him stating on the internet that everyone is liable to possession is no different than people who use the internet to ask questions/seek answers reading his (the OP's) warnings and taking them to heart. IMO, telling people to listen ONLY to ONE church is programming, indoctrination, and cult-think.

Wicca may be considered 'superstitious' by some; but so can 'Christianity', even more so, and adding in the archaic notions of hell and doom from imagined 'portents' (such as comets) is destructive (in my opinion and experience).

And I've seen far more evil and mayhem and harm coming from Christians and/or their leaders than any of the pagan religions. Ever. We also don't 'recruit.' Big diff there...crowbar separation. But again, Cuervo is the pro. Not me. As far as being 'protected' from evil? Yes, I believe I am. My home is in a grove of trees, mostly walnuts, and a purification ritual was done when I moved in. No problems whatsoever. Have bad things happened to me? Yes, but it was all consequences of my actions (which were necessary to extract myself from counterproductive situations), or things far beyond my control (like the death of a loved one).

Last weekend's episode of COSMOS (Tyson's new show) gave an excellent, brief rundown of how Knowledge Conquers Fear, and ever since Galileo and Newton, it's been time to let go of Biblical fear/shame/control tactics. The Churches, however, still push that stuff. (Incidentally, I was just looking through my texts, and found one of the lessons that clearly delineates what "cults" are: Wicca is not a cult.)

Well met, and Blessed Be!

edit on 3/31/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

to the contrary i dont think people who believe satan exists are:

1. feeling deep respect or admiration for satan
2. regarding satan with high respect
3. describe or represent satan as admirable

belief doesn't imply any of those things. belief doesn't imply attributes by default

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

I would like to hear their point of view as to why Satan should be worshipped.

First of all, consider the story about all of the angels who rebelled against God. These beings are powerful, wise, and have existed for all eternity. Now why would a bunch of all-knowing beings who had everything they could want suddenly rebel against God and throw that away, knowing all that would await them was banishment from Heaven and eternity in Hell? That doesn't make sense, no matter how you look at it. The only two possibilities here are that they either believed they really could defeat God, meaning God may not be all-powerful; or that they believed they were doing the right thing by rebelling, meaning God may not be all-good. Remember, these angels have existed since the beginning of time. They don't just make stupid decisions.
Secondly, if you believe that we were created by God, why were we? Was it to create a race of perfect, sinless beings who would worship God? No, because that's exactly what the angels were. Was it to create a race of beings who had the freedom to make their own choices? No, because in the same way that Adam and Eve chose to eat from the tree, the angels chose to rebel.
So what really was the purpose for our creation? I think the fact that God became angered by our sudden attaining of wisdom is pretty telling... And who gave us that wisdom? It wasn't God, who actively tried to prevent us from having it...
Third, if you read through the Old Testament, it's pretty easy to see that God was the one who was killing, destroying, sending plagues and causing all kinds of chaos and suffering for us. Did God want us to get along and live in peace? That's a very obvious no. However, we're always told that Satan is "evil" and "bad" because of the exact things that God himself was doing. But what did Satan really do? Was Satan running around killing and raping and sending plagues? Nope. By all accounts, the opposition to God was trying to unite us as a human race and share wisdom with us.

So to answer your question as to why anyone would think of Satan and/or Lucifer as a being to be worshiped, it's pretty obvious that he/they can be seen as a being that was trying to save humanity from tyranny and destruction.

Personally, I believe that Jesus existed. I believe that the being known in the bible as God exists. I believe Satan exists. But I'm not a Christian; I'm closer to what would be considered a theistic Satanist, because I am more prone to believing that Satan is and was a positive influence on humanity and that God is/was the opposite.
edit on 3/31/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Gnobody
What if The Satan wasn't on the 'dark side' after all?

What if The Satan wept every time he tempted someone and they failed?

What if The Satan was performing God's work?

edit on 31/3/14 by Gnobody because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/3/14 by Gnobody because: (no reason given)

This is actually a good point. I believe I read somewhere in the bible that nothing happens by the spirits without God's permission... So next time anyone complains about all the evil in the world, all the demons running crazy... Remember that God is allowing it.
(If you believe in the Christian side of the story)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u
So I would like to hear your stories on how you got involved and why?

When I was younger I actually had a very strong faith in God. But I had questions that the church and religious teachers couldn't answer. So I would pray to God, believing in full faith that my prayers would be answered, for clarification on the things that were confusing me, answers to my questions, etc etc. But all I ever got was total silence. It's said that if you pray for something in accordance with the will of God, that prayer will be answered. Never happened. I wasn't praying for money, I wasn't praying for something selfish; I was praying to better understand the word of God. God never answered me.
One day though, I was standing outside. The sky was completely covered by clouds. I knew from my years of past experience that God doesn't answer my prayers, so I became curious... What would happen if I pray to something else? What would happen if I pray to Satan? It felt stupid, but something moved me to do it. So I stood there and said a simple prayer... The clouds opened up and the sun shined down right in front of me.
I prayed to Satan and the clouds parted. Talk about signs, I think that right there is one.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Satanism is pretty much just indivisualism. The reason you dont hear much from Satanists is because they usually don't shove it in people faces like 80% of christians. We mostly respect others and keep our beliefs to ourselves. We believe we are our own gods and don't give in to following what our government/society wants us to blindly believe. Christianity gives Satanists a bad reputation like they have to Witchcraft/Wicca/Paganism/Everything. Satanism really has nothing to do with being evil or sacrificing goats/people. I mean, in the bible more people have died in the hands of 'GOD'(the great flood and such) than Satan. Satan gave man knowledge and showed us how to believe in ourselves. I study many religions and don't consider Christianity a religion but part of the new world order

edit on 31-3-2014 by 6Taco6Smell6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Of all the people I have discussed it with, most people who actually believe in Satan as a real entity fall into two camps.

One camp needs to have a looming boogeyman in their life. Without Satan, they would do horrible things apparently. The simple reward for being good is not enough, they need the threat of eternal torture to keep them in line.

Another camp of people that can't take responsibility for their own actions and need to have a good scapegoat. I didn't decide to buy that liquor, Satan made me do it. I didn't rape that woman, a demon was controlling me.

edit on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:10:59 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Because the idea of worshiping the satan (adversary) as he is depicted in Christianity DOESN'T exist except in certain cults of boneheaded individuals. If you read the descriptions about the different types of satanism I posted, you'd see that this was the case. There is no widespread worshiping of evil as a religion. The OP's questions cannot be answered, because chances are, someone of the beliefs that the op is asking for doesn't exist on these forums and if they do, they are either alone in their beliefs or only part of a small group of others. Not to mention, the OP's questions lead the answerer on. They assume things about how Satanism works and therefore exclude people that could be equipped to answer those questions. If the OP didn't assume things like because it has the name Satan in the title that it is inherently evil and just asked general questions about how satanism works and is practiced, I'm sure he would have gotten FAR better responses than the ones he has gotten.

Not true. Maybe they do not exist on a large scale, which I believe is more than likely a fact, but not counting those hidden sects since much of what is done is illegal. Growing up, I have known 2 people that were all about the whole devil worship. When I say this, I mean the actual drinking blood, worshipping the devil that the bible describes. Though, at the same time, they mixed in LeVay and Crowley, the golden dawn spells and the so called necronomicon. These were teens, but we still have teens visiting the site. I'm pretty sure that even though times have changed, the same thing is done as it has through out time. Now, these 2 persons I speak of had no real origin of their worship other than the idea that they put together on their own, or some idea that one center person put together on their own... Much how all sects start anyways. Still, you can not dismiss that these kinds of satanist do exist even though the OP is asking for satanist in the broad term. The OP still applies for all sect or versions.

As before, my responce still stands. The common theme at ATS seems to be to put down something that doesn't compare to another person's beliefs here. No matter how well he would have worded it, I honestly feel that any satanist would have explained their stance more so if they were not instantly bashed the way they have been here.

I'm no satanist or do I beleive in the practice of any version, but I do like to know about those around me. I try my best not to condem a person based on what they believe, even if they're bashing me for what I believe. I don't understand the need to trample all over another person's beliefs. It appears motivated by a serious lack of self esteem. You know, how bullies push around other people for their own personal hatred of themselves of the life they live.
edit on 31-3-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

UNIT76
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

so far i've noticed these;
NewAgeWitch,
annunak1,
gnobody,
lightningstrikeshere,
(and their positions on the matter)

..they all have certain elements encoded into the names (they don't arrive here by accident)
a 'new age witch' is just obvious
the annunaki are the nephilim
gnobody references gnosticism
lightningstrikeshere (my favourite, hurp) ..check out luke 10:18

i don't want to go into detail about my previous experience with satanism & demonology
..how ya all doin' folks?

/big wave

Thanks for your interesting post!

I studied demonology for one year back in 2000. Bought all the books etc..... NEVER practiced just read the books. To look inside an evil mind and let me tell you there were times when I panicked. In the end I had to burn all of the books before I could clean the house from dark energy. Simply having the books in the house caused serious problems. It was like sending out a SOS to the demonic world.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

StallionDuck

Krazysh0t

Not true. Maybe they do not exist on a large scale, which I believe is more than likely a fact, but not counting those hidden sects since much of what is done is illegal. Growing up, I have known 2 people that were all about the whole devil worship. When I say this, I mean the actual drinking blood, worshipping the devil that the bible describes. Though, at the same time, they mixed in LeVay and Crowley, the golden dawn spells and the so called necronomicon. These were teens, but we still have teens visiting the site. I'm pretty sure that even though times have changed, the same thing is done as it has through out time. Now, these 2 persons I speak of had no real origin of their worship other than the idea that they put together on their own, or some idea that one center person put together on their own... Much how all sects start anyways. Still, you can not dismiss that these kinds of satanist do exist even though the OP is asking for satanist in the broad term. The OP still applies for all sect or versions.

First off, I've also addressed Satanic blood rituals in another post in this thread. They were big in the 70's and 80's but died out in the mid-90's. Second, the actions of two teenagers who seem to base their worship and lore off of Hollywood misinformation and a basic study of famous mystics doesn't a religion make.

As before, my responce still stands. The common theme at ATS seems to be to put down something that doesn't compare to another person's beliefs here. No matter how well he would have worded it, I honestly feel that any satanist would have explained their stance more so if they were not instantly bashed the way they have been here.

A REAL satanist would be put off by the OP's introduction because like I said, it assumes things about that person's religion. Someone romanticizing evil by doing the exact opposite of what the Christian god tells them to do hasn't made a religion. He is either just a teenager going through typical teenage rebellion (if his actions aren't that bad) or someone suffering from a mental illness. Neither of which are worth talking to on an online forum.

I'm no satanist or do I beleive in the practice of any version, but I do like to know about those around me. I try my best not to condem a person based on what they believe, even if they're bashing me for what I believe. I don't understand the need to trample all over another person's beliefs. It appears motivated by a serious lack of self esteem. You know, how bullies push around other people for their own personal hatred of themselves of the life they live.

This isn't ABOUT trampling over someone's beliefs. This is about someone with a preconceived notion about someone ELSE'S beliefs and then asking them about those preconceived notions. If I made a thread about Christianity and asked, "Why do Christians believe that the Earth is flat?" I would be met with QUITE a few angry Christians telling me not to make assumptions about their faith and that that belief don't represent them as a whole. The question is insulting and puts the people you are asking immediately in an adversarial role because they have to set the person asking the question right before they can proceed to answer any additional questions.

If the OP truly wanted to learn about Satanism, he should have dropped the preconceived notions and just asked general questions. The responses to this thread aren't indicative of bad forum manners. They are indicative of a bad OP. It's as simple as that. I'm sorry that this thread turned out to be a waste of time for you, but you should have recognized that as soon as you read the OP, and failing that should have picked up on that after reading the first page of replies. There are much better threads on ATS already that go over this topic and speak about Satanism much better.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

trollz expressed his view points and nobody pounced on him for it. this site does require one to perhaps have a little thicker skin than most.

it just sounds funny, like ATS really isn't being as inviting as it could be to the satanists out there. those poor, easily frightened, scared off satanists cant share their view point without being attacked. what has ATS become! lol

seriously though, satanist, buddhist, i don't think anyone REALLY cares THAT much, do they?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

NEVER practiced just read the books. To look inside an evil mind and let me tell you there were times when I panicked. In the end I had to burn all of the books before I could clean the house from dark energy. Simply having the books in the house caused serious problems.

No offense intended, but I bought a book called "The Black Arts" from a used book store a long time ago. I remember feeling panicky about reading it - like it would bring bad stuff.

Personally, I think my reaction (I didn't actually read it until much later) was based on my programming from childhood -
as in, 'don't even think about it, don't read about it, don't learn about it'.
Now, I'm able to do so -
and no negative energy or disaster occurred at all.

You had the idea it was 'an evil mind' to begin with, so you were predisposed to be afraid of it. (Maybe?)

I was for awhile very interested in reading books about serial killers and psychopaths by authors and FBI profilers looking at serial murderers. Fascinating. I never felt that having those books in my home was dangerous - it was an exploration into how other people think and function.

It seems to me you are interested in psychology - maybe if you read about psychology and how religion works on it, you wouldn't feel so frightened about knowing the stuff? In any case, you were not (did not appear to be) clear on the difference between witches and Satanists. I don't know much about Satanists, but I do know about Wicca (the Craft). Learning is not a death-sentence (hell-sentence).

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

StallionDuck

Krazysh0t

Hi StallionDuck,

Thank you for your posts! I totally agree with you!

For this purpose I would like to define Satanist as: Someone who worships and follows Satan in helping him with his evil plan to destroy and kill all those who refuse to worship him. No mercy to anyone who follows Jesus or his father. To curse, harass, and destroy anything that follows Jesus or his father.

I believe there are many out there doing exactly what I am talking about. I thought at a site like this with an Anonymous identity they would relax and make themselves known, maybe openly discuss their knowledge and practices. I know they do this with selected personnel that they attack. Not only myself but many people are confronted by evil people who make themselves known as Satanist who tell you that one day you will die a horrible death......etc..... "We know who you are". Your days are numbered.etc.... They all have various personalities.

On a demonic holiday - go to a large church after dark and pull surveillance on the church until daybreak. Do this enough times and you will find groups secretly entering these churches to place curses on them and the people who attend them. They have orgies on the altars. They urinate in holy water. Then they hold black mass and then they leave. Some of them actually have the keys to open the doors!

So why do they hide? Why not have an open discussion so we all can hear your side of the story.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

On a demonic holiday - go to a large church after dark and pull surveillance on the church until daybreak. Do this enough times and you will find groups secretly entering these churches to place curses on them and the people who attend them. They have orgies on the altars. They urinate in holy water. Then they hold black mass and then they leave. Some of them actually have the keys to open the doors!

WHAT?!!!

What, are you writing a B-movie screenplay or something? That is the most astounding assertion of reality as I know it that I can imagine.
Did you witness these so-called groups doing all these things?

In all my days, I've never, ever heard of this.!! In what country and region of it do you live???

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

WHAT?!!!

What, are you writing a B-movie screenplay or something? That is the most astounding assertion of reality as I know it that I can imagine.
Did you witness these so-called groups doing all these things?

In all my days, I've never, ever heard of this.!! In what country and region of it do you live???

hahahah, seriously. so no one in the churches ever pulls surveillance and notices these satanic orgies and people pissing in the holy water?

that sounds more like an urban legend, or maybe an evangelist urban legend.

it really does sound like a B movie, or some church propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join