It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the goverement monitor these boards?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the goverment monitors these boards? Has anyone ever gotten arrested for posting something "above top secret"?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Who do you think pays us mods to hang out here at all hours of the night, huh?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
NO. They are too busy looking after their own intrest.

...............They are coming for you!!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

are you serious?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ebolazebra

are you serious?

Wanna buy a bridge?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is funny indeed!

I dont know about you folks but I sure find good uses for the $23.50 and hour I am paid to hang at ATS...

Is that bridge in Arizona by chance?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
How'd you guess?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
If Google hits this site with various keywords, you can bet your arse somebody is watching it. I'd say as high of a rnaking on the search engines as this site gets it probably is monitored to some degree, but then again name an electronic communication that isn't... I got 'questioned' once on AOL while posting WTC information, did a litle IP magic and found out he was a Fed. Pretty creepy stuff. Keywords is the trick, avoid if them if it worries you.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If they're not now, they plan on it.

www.internetnews.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

WHAT!!!! We get payed??? Im owed some serious backpay. Im gonna call lLangley and get to the bottom of this. Somebody wake Goss RIGHT NOW

BTW: Did you know that "Gulible" is not in the dictionary?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Ed, there's just not enough money in counterintelligence, pretending to be a liberal. Can I become another Rush Limbaugh like you for what did you say $23.50 an hour? Do I get a COLA (cost of living allowence) for living in Hawaii? Yes I want your deal dogone it! I might need an occasional Heimlich maneuver while adjusting to the fawning rhetoric, but what the heck? If I survive, I might have enough income to buy a Hummer with a tax credit. Do you get a GSA card too for gas, insurance, and airline miles?

Seriously if the CIA Checks out Chat Rooms then why not ATS. In fact if you consider the Total Information Awareness program under Admiral Poindexter has simply changed its name and doubled its funding, then of course they are deeply interested in ATS. In fact the provocative name itself is enough.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It's probably a safe bet to say they have and will at some point in time. I'm not worried though because we are still free to post opinions. We are still allowed to do that aren't we.....

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Here's an idea for you, Skippy. Why don't you just be another brainless wonder spewing out a bunch of liberal vomit? You'll fit right in with the crowd, and that might be easier on your weak constitution!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It is a truth that authority must know and he the people under the authority must know this. Don't you. I think you must know this and if you don't I do feel pity of you.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Here's an idea for you, Skippy. Why don't you just be another brainless wonder spewing out a bunch of liberal vomit? You'll fit right in with the crowd, and that might be easier on your weak constitution!

Please refer to your own terms and conditions. But if you are only kidding, then you got my Klingon laugh, Hyoh hyoh hyoh, we are simply a cargo vessel on the way to Remulak, no need for inspections here.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Anonymous Proxy servers are your friend people...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
From my experience, an "anon proxy" can still be found, the owner can still be forced to give up logs, and your ip can still be found on those logs.

There are ways to be "unseen" on the web,but most of them are measures not practical to most people, and others are rather highly illegal.

You just have to know that you can almost always be "seen" while on the internet.

I myself don't even try to mask my ip, I personally just set up a security system on my pc that is rather functional (albeit a bit redundant), and see who comes knocking.

Rather interesting sometimes.

X

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Don't the "security services" use simple keyword monitoring as a filter for net traffic rather than scanning everything?

Having a yard sale this weekend, any offers for the following:
200 AK47's
20 tons of Amonium Nitrate
5 kilos of Red Mercury
10 Kilos of Columbian fairy dust
1 slightly soiled "Bush is a w*nker" T-shirt (large)

(counting down time before size 12's kick in my front door and haul me off to Belmarsh for.....ahem..... anti-terrorist questioning)

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If it took 30 some years, death of the innocent, lawyers, public outcry, and decisions by judges to get the gov. to admit area 51 is there,( but not called area 51, or anything else for that matter), do you think they would admit to spying on us? This isn't as easy as hundreds of acres anyone in the world can see exists.

"What black CIA helicopters?"... (choppers overhead, low and loud)... "Oh that,... that was a pidgeon." -- Sheriff Barbrady, South Park.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Does the government monitor these boards?

...Of course. Everyone monitors boards. It's the new 'pulse.' Some use programs, others do it manually. ...Ie., Where do you think journalists and screenwriters get their best stuff?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join