It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aging Successfully Reversed in Mice; Human Trials to Begin Next

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

netbound
The whole subject of immortality, indefinately extended life, reverse-ageing is no joke. It’s right around the corner, like so many other mind-blowing technologies today. I’ve been reading about advancements in this area for 15-20 years now, and it’s truly becoming a reality soon. It’s no longer sci-fi.

Who gains access to it, how society accepts/rejects it, how religious beliefs are affected, etc, etc, etc. only time will tell. All I know is, it is real and it’s coming soon.

God, just think... If Mick Jagger gets ahold of this, none of us are safe...

Lol, i am almost 100 percent this will only be for the 1337 of our society .. But i am sure there will be black market sales , if it does turn out to work..

MicK Jagger ......... Heh

i think betty white deserves it ;-)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

This is perhaps one of the dumbest things I have come by in a long time.

Do you know how many different factors there are involved in the aging process? Seriously. Were talking about cells which never degenerate. Which live on perpetually.

"Aging" happens to all the cells of our body: muscle cells(tears, degeneration) skin cells (loss of elasticity), bone cells (osteoporosis), heart cells, lung cells, and yes, indeed, the brain shrinks with age; the ventricles shrink, which implies that something fundamental is happening to the human brain when we age. It looks as if the brain is reorganizing itself. In smaller form, more efficiently, in line with the metabolic norms of late age.

Aging is a highly complicated biological process which may be subject to epigenetic i.e. environmental factors. If this turns out to be the case, aging is an inevitable process outside our power to change. We may be able to extend the life of the organism (to 100-120 years), but we likely may never have the power to eliminate it.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That is flippin' awesome but the main concern I have as far as the age reversal treatments would be 'what is the price tag?' and way down the road when this becomes a plausible reality 'is this reserved for an exclusive class of people?'. I would definitely want to get age reversal treatments and it would be a shame if I couldn't get them because I either couldn't afford them or was snubbed from them because I am not on the list.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Astrocyte

Do you know how many different factors there are involved in the aging process? Seriously. Were talking about cells which never degenerate. Which live on perpetually.

"Aging" happens to all the cells of our body: muscle cells(tears, degeneration) skin cells (loss of elasticity), bone cells (osteoporosis), heart cells, lung cells, and yes, indeed, the brain shrinks with age; the ventricles shrink, which implies that something fundamental is happening to the human brain when we age. It looks as if the brain is reorganizing itself. In smaller form, more efficiently, in line with the metabolic norms of late age.

Aging is a highly complicated biological process which may be subject to epigenetic i.e. environmental factors. If this turns out to be the case, aging is an inevitable process outside our power to change. We may be able to extend the life of the organism (to 100-120 years), but we likely may never have the power to eliminate it.

Makes sense , but i am no scientist..so i don't have the answer for you here , sorry..

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Asynchrony

That is flippin' awesome but the main concern I have as far as the age reversal treatments would be 'what is the price tag?' and way down the road when this becomes a plausible reality 'is this reserved for an exclusive class of people?'. I would definitely want to get age reversal treatments and it would be a shame if I couldn't get them because I either couldn't afford them or was snubbed from them because I am not on the list.

I would assume the price tag would be very high...

So yes prob the,privileged.....

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If this is made available to the public expect an insane price tag.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
At first insanly expensive yes, then as the tech becomes commonplace and perfected the price will drop and drop like all tech.

the first home computers were like $10,000 (early 80's dollars) and were pretty pitiful - now 5 year olds can have smart phones with millions times more computing power ... that are basically free.
edit on 4/1/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This is probably the result of my buddy's research. He has a PhD and currently works in Ireland. I remember at a party like, 4 years ago, he told me and a couple friends about how he injected a 5 year old mouse and it performed in physical and mental tests like a 1 and 1/2 year old mouse. He actually told me he hopes he can move to Fiji, because apparently it requires much less time to move from mouse to monkey to sapien research over there.

Actually, now that I think about it, he told me that if he ever discovered the cure to human mortality, he would destroy all of his research and keep it only for himself. He is in the field of nanotechnology/biology, went to school for 8 years for it, worked for the U.S Government first but then claimed to me that he, "Didn't like where they were going with it." so he moved to Ireland and works for their government.

I recall quite a bit of what he told me, if you want to know more, message me. By the way, I made this as a first post simply because I know exactly what the OP is talking about. My buddy told me a lot, a lot a lot, about it. He was extremely forthcoming. Dated a girlfriend of mine a few years before I met her, and still comes back into town to hang out with us during Halloween/New Years because we throw awesome parties during that time.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

RedParrotHead
At first insanly expensive yes, then as the tech becomes commonplace and perfected the price will drop and drop like all tech.

the first home computers were like $10,000 (early 80's dollars) and were pretty pitiful - now 5 year olds can have smart phones with millions times more computing power ... that are basically free.
edit on 4/1/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

PC's dont have the capacity to increase world population and place further demands on dwindling resources. You do realize that
there is an obvious advantage to keep the population at a certain number right?

By your logic cars should be cheaper as well? as should every technology that is 20 or 30 yrs old......is that the case?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I don't recall the specifics because I'm not a scientist, but I did pass highschool biology. I asked him if it had to do with reducing the waste produced by mitochondria, and he said no. I don't really remember what he told me he was doing, but it was something different from what I thought. Like I said, I'm not a scientist. I only know a limited amount, but he did say it had nothing to do with mitochondria.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Suddenly Health Potions of video games seems like a reality

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

That is actually a myth. The earth isn't overpopulated, the populace are merely crowded around small areas. The entire population could comfortably fit in the US state of Montana if divided into groups of five (average family size), living in a two-story home. There would still be room for yards, streets and shops. If the entire population were standing side by side and front to back they'd fit in an area the size of Jacksonville Florida. If every human being who has ever lived (appx 150 billion) were to be counted then they/we would all fit in an area the size of Texas. At the current rate of production we have the capacity to feed four times the current global population but due to inefficiency and government corruption over one billion go hungry.
edit on 2-4-2014 by dovdov because: all who've ever lived/Texas

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Reverse aging... they can't cure the common cold but we can reverse aging? I would be happy with new developments in repairing nerves.

So how will this work? I don't see how it could, so skin suddenly shrinks? Maybe the internal organs will remain healthy or become healthier but I don't see how it will reverse our appearance to a younger state.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

ufochick
Reverse aging... they can't cure the common cold but we can reverse aging? I would be happy with new developments in repairing nerves.

So how will this work? I don't see how it could, so skin suddenly shrinks? Maybe the internal organs will remain healthy or become healthier but I don't see how it will reverse our appearance to a younger state.

so you can understand how internal organs can be rejuvenated but you can't understand how the skin, which is also am organ cannot???

You do realize that we are all made of simple yet complexually arranged proteins. And that what holds true for one organ holds true for them all. It's all down to how the genes express themselves based on external simulation.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

SLAYER69
Which age/decade of life would be considered optimal?

I'm sure many would have varying opinions on that.

Ahh I say back Like we Orignaly Were ! you know

930 ADAM years 969 Methuselah Noah 950 Shem 600 Eber 464 Abraham 175 Years

????

Why did man live longer BEFORE the flood?
www.biblestudy.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Astrocyte

I agree completely except you're pretty pessimistic to think the max age we will achieve without major side effects to be 100-120, I wouldn't be surprised if one day people were living until 1000 with nano technology and everything. But, I agree totally with your assertion that death is an inevitability and probably a necessity. As I believe all things die and are reborn, including the universe as we know it, it would be foolish to think we can live forever...BECAUSE WE ALREADY DO.

The ironic thing about the quest for immortality is that IF there is an afterlife/heaven, then it's probably bliss compared to living as a human. The Elite can live forever as punishment in that case.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
These folks should set up some dummy corporation and sell the stuff on the black market right now. That is the only way anyone will get their hands on the stuff..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join