It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Last Warning Has Been Given

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

The fact remains though, this will not be accomplished in a day, and it is another main pre-requisite in biblical prophecy leading up to the tribulation.

True but things can happen amazingly fast.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A fearful and sinful generation seeks after a sign. Yes, the weather is bad. It's bad everywhere, but that doesn't mean it's an imminent sign of anything.

If you are a believer, then you know the best any of us can do is prepare for ourselves and our families and get right with God. He will have our backs, but what will happen here will happen as it needs to. Watch the Middle East and pray. Every change in the natural world is something that will happen and needs to happen, and it gets very hard to point at any one thing and say, "This! This is a sign from God." God told us these things would come as general indicators that the time is near. Are you saying we can fight Him and His will?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

And how will the world live without food?.

It won't, hence the prophesied famines. I am not arguing that point with you: you are absolutely correct, millions will starve to death. And guess what. They'll be the lucky ones...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Not fast enough for some it seems. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. At times like this I am reminded of a Chinese proverb, paraphrasing:

If you can't do anything about it, why worry? If you can do something about it, why worry?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

If you knew the patterns needed to grow wheat, you would be afraid, especially if you have children.

I agree with that part. The soils that sustain the wheat crops are depleted of natural nutrients. The only thing that sustains the harvest is the yearly addition of loads of chemical fertilizers. This creates immune deficiencies in the plants to pests, blights and whatnot, so they also add a ton of pesticide and herbicide to the mix. The plants themselves are GMO's, not naturally selected for their resistance and productivity.

The water used on the crops comes from miles away or underground in increasingly polluted forms which transfers to the products consumed by us.

Its a terribly unstable house of cards that only needs one card pulled from the structure to begin the domino or cascade failure of our food "chain".

I don't know about the dreams forum or the "end of the world" part, plenty of peoples starve and have bad dreams already.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Its a terribly unstable house of cards that only needs one card pulled from the structure to begin the domino or cascade failure of our food "chain".

And thing is, they'll be pulling a whole lot of cards when the time comes, not just one.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Corn is scarier than wheat. It grows in a much narrower band of ground. Whether you fall in with the camp who thinks things are shifting warmer or cooler, it still will shift corn out of where we grow it and potentially disrupts our ability to grow it. Wheat has a much broader band of ground where we can grow it than corn does. It's also far more forgiving in terms of the climate than corn is.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Whilst I understand the implications worldwide, I have trouble associating with this issue because I don't eat corn and wheat products, or very rarely. Seems to me like Aquaponics is the way forward, both with regards to climatic difficulties and especially health. Unfortunately, large-scale conversion will take a lot of time, time we may not have.

The only way to guarantee your food safety in coming years, or at least cushion the blow, is to grow your own at the individual and family level.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

It's not a question of whether or not you directly eat it, but how much of what you eat, ate it at some point.

Then there is the matter of corn being so integral to the food chain as we know it for so many people in so many places. Even if you don't eat it, or eat anything that ate it, it will impact you when no one else can.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm enjoying reading all of your posts and really value what you have to say...especially on this subject.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

My husband says that is true about the wheat. But you still have to get it in the ground. That is our problem for the past 2-3yrs. Too much rain at the wrong time. We had 300 acres that we could not plant with wheat because too wet to get in fields on time.

Also, we had lentils that would not ripen because too wet all spring and part of summer. The old homesteader family farmers will tell you the climate has most certainly changed
edit on 1-4-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The Palouse country is a different geology makeup to many other farming regions. We do not rely on irrigation water we do it all on rain that we recieve. The Basin area has to rely on irrigation from the Columbia River.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am sorry I threw in prophecy and religion, but I felt I had to. I am not affiliated with any religion. I was raised Southern Baptist.
But, I do believe mankind has a protector, God, Jesus, aliens, angels, any label you want to use, we all feel it.

Farmers live very close to nature and naturally develop interest in the heavens. A farmers life depends on what happens tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Images of the Palouse

These are from Google, but they are really beautiful pictures. Most of what you see is wheat.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

"Daniel 11:40 is anything but clear. No two bible scholars agree on whom the kings of the north and of the south are. I would like to point out that North and South depend where you are situated. You mention the USA and Canada, but why? If we assume Jerusalem as the centre you are not even in the picture in this verse. And why assume Jerusalem is the centre? Truth is, we simply don't know."

But see, I started reading prophecy at 9 yrs old with no prior influence by others. I first read the bible, then decided I wanted to be baptized. My pastors and sunday school teachers did not accept my own interpretations either, so I stopped going to church.

I don't think that it takes a prophet to put the clues together, what is going to happen if the current weather patterns continue.

Slow yields
High prices
Scarcity
A Pushing by humanity going to where the food source is
That would be the Israel, USA, our companion is Canada
Mexico has water problems, not a good resource for water
All this will happen irregardless of Jerusalem, Temple rebuilding.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

MOMof3
I am Liberal and hate wars. But I am changing my mind now.

I believe that is a wise decision.

I think we should prepare for the worst in about 5 years. Even Europe will turn on us. The only ally we will have is Israel.

LMAO! Israel will turn on us long before Britain does, that I assure you of. Course, I don't see either doing so anytime soon. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Somehow I just do not see it!

Had to laugh at todays crop reports! How hard the farmers have it, possible war and Oh Boy, how dry it is out there!

Since I deal with farmers everyday, spending money like no tomorrow, it's a lie! Although the fact most small farmers are dying off every year, the bigger ones just buy them out and they end up working with them! It is a scam you would not believe!

Here we base our prices on our grain by what China and others buy. Yet all we ever get is 1 year lasting crap and rice! Junk and we buy into it! Actually the costs are going up because most people are just plain Lazy to grow a garden!

As I see it. The only problem really is no rain, and way to much in other places! Whats it been now, 10 yrs since we had a good rain? Oh it does rain, more like Mother Nature has put her foot down and is now showing Man who's in control! Not to discount your dream OP, taking what most hear on the news we should all be dreaming the Doom!

Yet for what it is worth. One never hears the small stuff unless your right there noticing it missing although Never on the News! Like Hoxie, KS. Redoing 23 N. of Hoxie and next year 83 from 24 to ? Completely tore down and rebuilt adding more room so the farmers can get to the crops! Other then just a few drop offs, road was done 2 yrs ago; repaved! Farmers have all the money!

Back to the rain part. Farmers have insurance, so if it does not grow. Still get most of the money spent anyways. If a farmer loses, we have farms and land up for a price! 2,000 an acre! No rights to anything under though. Losing farmer sells everything but the home, always ends up with cars, house and land. Bigger farmers do the buying of everything else at the sale. It's plain evil at one of them sales!

Been to Walmart latley? How small can a can of whatever get? Say 1.00 for a can of corn one could by seeds and with some water plant all the corn they would need for a year! Hell, forget corn, go soybean! Corn uses to much space anyways and really not a needed part of the meal!

If Man would Cry, we would have all the rain one could use! But No! Farmers bitch because it rained too much, not enough, or not when they needed it! Life was ment to place seed in ground and be happy if it grew 5 more for next year, food on table you know. Just like cooking, most go out to eat and complain having no money! Learn to cook!

OP? Learn what your dream might be telling you before listing it as some kind of warning to Mankind! Just wait until the power goes out, water stops running and the sky shall fall, someday it just might happen! Since you can not save the world yourself, save what you can so we all can move farward, even if its a small step.

I've had a dream, most of you would not like. I even do not like it myself! All I can do is get ready, hope for the best. So far, most turned out to be hidden fears I needed to be aware of so as to not be caught off guard. Yet, just the One has no words, just a Tone with pictures I could not understand. I missed that class LOL!

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Weather patterns have shifted. The Pacific has flipped from its warm regime to its cool and the Atlantic has yet to do so, but it's coming close to flopping over from warm to cool, too. This will flip the weather patterns people have been used to for decades. Then you have the sun going into a period of inactivity which will exacerbate those.

It's going to be rough, and I don't think anyone yet knows how rough. I think the partial collapse of the coastal food chains are just an indication. They died back because the ocean changes made the coastal regions less productive for the sea life and the excess sea life dies off.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

You do know Israel is just plain Evil? Most of the crap out east is because of Isreal and their backing powers from the US.

Although more like China and N. Korea. Dirty little dogs! S. Korea is in on it too! Both would back up China in a heartbeat if it was to go sour someday! Although somehow Iran is what everybody wants. Again Israel, world would be a nicer place if Israel minded their own! Most terrorist started from there, grew up there, and even took part of.................

It's never about the Oil! LOL

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

The farmers I know love the land and supplying food. But they are old family farmers. Can't speak for corporate farms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join