It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayhem erupts in Albuquerque ,,,Police Website goes down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We cannot allow people to live free of charge on "Public" land else how can we charge suckers $500k for a bit of mud with planning permission to build a home and then tax them for the land that they think they own.

Hell no shoot him before anyone else gets any bright ideas and thinks that "Public" means owned by we the people.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

g146541
The commentator in the 3rd video of the OP's post speculated that gangs were discussing how best to combat this corruption, how they might kick in the cops doors and kill them or get them when they check their mail.
I seriously doubt this will be the case, historically it is more popular to go after the "soft targets".
Charles Dorner did this and the media made the world hate him.
I expect to see "officers" wives and children pay for the sins of their fathers.
Don't look for the headlines to speak of dead cops, but of "collateral damage".
What a shame, all of this could have been avoided by "officers" thinking for themselves and crossing that thin blue line.
A good guy who supports criminals is actually a bad guy in a state of delusion.
Just wait, I bet I'm right on this one.

His name was Christopher, not Charles.
I just wanted to clarify it in respect for the man.

local officials

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Asktheanimals
"But he threatened a canine officer!"
There's something deeply wrong when there is greater concern for a dog than a human being.
How is it perfectly alright to let a dog bite the tar out of a guy you just shot multiple times?
I think the residents of Albuquerque have realized that could happen to anyone and don't like it at all.

Stupidly enough, the K9 is considered an officer. If you fight back against the dog that is mauling you, it is considered assault upon a police officer. You can't make this stuff up. That's how illogical and simply retarded the police and their system are.

Raise your right paw and repeat after me...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Love this. Finally someone standing up against the police.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
"But he threatened a canine officer!"
There's something deeply wrong when there is greater concern for a dog than a human being.
How is it perfectly alright to let a dog bite the tar out of a guy you just shot multiple times?
I think the residents of Albuquerque have realized that could happen to anyone and don't like it at all.

I think what bugs me the most about the whole "dog = officer" thing is that, by that rationale, wouldn't a person's pet dog be considered a "K9 Citizen"? You know... those dogs that cops just casually shoot when responding to normal calls?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It figures this would happen after I moved!
I always miss all the fun.

I wish they would of been more organized about it though, I kept telling them it's not going to end well unless they think it out fully first. Oh, well out of my hands now.

I hope the families on both sides at least learn something from this. . .

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

I saw the video on skynews.

There was absolutely no need for the police to do that. All the guy did was pick up his bag, he was about to walk off. Why did they shoot the guy dead? He wasn't threatening. In fact I heard him say that he wasn't harming anyone and wasn't going to harm them.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Blowback

I saw the video on skynews.

There was absolutely no need for the police to do that. All the guy did was pick up his bag, he was about to walk off. Why did they shoot the guy dead? He wasn't threatening. In fact I heard him say that he wasn't harming anyone and wasn't going to harm them.

Because that's what cops do now. They kill for no reason.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Dude, that's freakin crazy. Those look like somefhing out of a movie.

That was a lot of people and it looked like a good cross section too so you know it's not just a niche group.

That could get real ugly real quick.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
if this turns ugly, and i bet it will..... the demonstrators will loose......cops got guns and ammo....government controls MSM .

They will be blamed for killing an innocent person or a off duty cop and this will give them excuse to lethal force.

The demonstrators need to take a leaf out of Gandhi's book and ensure all demonstrations are peaceful, offer no violence no matter what happens.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's really amazing how these issues are handled. The people just want to feel like they won't be murdered by law enforcement. They want justice when a citizen is murdered for no reason.

Here's a freakin novel idea: Instead of prepping for war with the people, what if the police chief came out with a bullhorn and told the crowd he's sorry for what happened? Even more extreme, what if he let everyone know that the officers involved will be punished? At this point, I think even a few months behind bars is better than absolutely no repercussions for officers like this.

We live in bizzaro world. The people want to feel safe and want justice for crimes committed by LEO's. Why can't they just give the people what they want instead of escalating everything? It's not like the peoples demands are outrageous.

If they want war, it looks like they'll get it. Seems completely unnecessary though.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by panicman66

We would still be English if we all thought like you do. No real change has ever occured without force. If you think there has please link me to something new cause I have yet to see real change without it being forced.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

panicman66
if this turns ugly, and i bet it will..... the demonstrators will loose......cops got guns and ammo....government controls MSM .

I don't see it your way and think that if the police were to turn the guns on the citizens then they and their masters would be dead by the weeks end.

These pigs and their sheep dogs are being used to treat us like cattle and the pigs seem to forget that they too are destine for the same slaughter yard as we are if we allow things to continue the way they are going.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

RickyD
reply to post by panicman66

We would still be English if we all thought like you do. No real change has ever occured without force. If you think there has please link me to something new cause I have yet to see real change without it being forced.

So another one that not falling for the Ghandi story where sitting down on your bum for twenty years will end in peace, love and kisses and lets forget about other around the man fighting the british and lets not talk about that old american Indian peace pipe they kept smoking because we all know how that ended.

If force never works then how come our government is using it all the time and how do you negotiate with a rock that refuses to move and shows you noting but contempt.

A farmer writes the law of the land but that does not bode too well for the cattle on that land does it now.
edit on 31-3-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think the whole scenario needs a little more explaining. If, as reported, the guy has the extensive criminal history, plus mental issues, then this is not such a cut and dry case. And what about the knives, in both hands? Apparently no one takes into account the distance/reaction time that one can be attacked by someone with a knife. Plus he was on higher ground. Here's an idea - listen to officers when told to drop your weapons.

As far as deadly force as it was used in this video, I was not there so I'm not going to over speculate. I would think that the bean bag rounds, taser, etc would have been used prior to K-9, but again, it's a tiny screen and it's easy to judge everything from one perspective, from a comfy couch. As information unfolds, possibly more video, different angles, etc, my opinions may change. But what eats the crud out of me is when you have a guy with a gun/knife/weapon and he's repeatedly told to stand down, and things go south, everyone jumps on the "Police Brutality" wagon.

Don't want problems? Don't be the problem.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

"If, as reported, the guy has the extensive criminal history"
Well he would have if you keep getting arrested for camping on land, not harming anyone and you keep getting arrested

"plus mental issues"
We all have them and anyone that decides to live a simple life is bound to have hundreds, real or not to warrant the murder of the said person.

"And what about the knives, in both hands?"
Yes and what about them because I didn't see any but I must admit he went to grab something as the dog moved in to take a bite and for that I don't blame him.

"Apparently no one takes into account the distance/reaction time that one can be attacked by someone with a knife."
Yes he would have to be superman but you can do a lot of things when in fear for your life.

"Plus he was on higher ground."
Yes but that not much use unless you brought a cannon along to the fight is it.

"listen to officers when told to drop your weapons"
He had no weapon I could see but yes jump when told, drop as ordered now march back to the field and jump aboard that lorry when told to because the police and the sheep dog are only trying to protect you.

Please provide a picture of these knifes in both hands and also say if you would pull a knife to defend yourself from a crazed dog sent to attack you if you were camping out and happen to have a camping knife handy

The Police had no excuse what so ever to take him down the way they did and the people have a right to be angry

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

AnteBellum
It figures this would happen after I moved!
I always miss all the fun.

I wish they would of been more organized about it though, I kept telling them it's not going to end well unless they think it out fully first. Oh, well out of my hands now.

I hope the families on both sides at least learn something from this. . .

sorry for off topic but "fun"?

nothing is funny about what is happening, there is no fun.

"families on both sides learn something from this"?

people related to the victim will not "learn"; they will cry.

I know you probably didn't mean anything bad by your post but please choose your words more carefully, people get hurt.

usually I'm not too emotional about some tragedies and bad things happening but this is truly disgusting and deeply disturbing.

and the worst thing about it is that it's not one isolated case, it's happening on a regular basis in too many places.

police is/should be there to protect us, not to hurt us if we do something wrong.

very few criminals deserve to be shot like a dog and we're talking about people get killed on the street like a worst scum for minor offenses.

smells like police state...

edit on 31-3-2014 by demus because: scumming scamerings

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
And worst of all the cop that shoots the guy yells Booyah! He is happy to have killed..... IMO regarding people taking a stand against the APD? It is more than overdue.

Live by the gun, die by the gun. If cops want to shoot first and ask questions later they are are living by the gun. Just happened to a 22 year old girl here in Sacramento, dead after a minor police chase.

People need to find their balls and stop being afraid. My hat is off to those in Albq that took a stand.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Mod delete wrong thread lol
edit on 3/31/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I hope the protesters in Albuquerque keep a level head and keep the protest as peaceful as possible because once they act like those that they are protesting against they just bring themselves to their level and the message is lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join