It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North and South Korea exchange fire across western sea border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
South Korea has evacuated a border island after The north shelled it and the south fired back..

Things are heating up

www.bbc.com...

North and South Korea have exchanged fire across the disputed western maritime border, South Korea has said.

North Korea announced early on Monday that it would hold live-fire drills in seven parts of the border area
[ex/]

(URGENT) S. Korea evacuates border island residents amid NK live-fire drill
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...
edit on 30-3-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

Apparently this isn't the first time that little shows of power have happened in that sea. I expect that NK is giggling excitedly right now, give them time to calm down and I'm sure things will go back to normal. :-p

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ah like two little kids playing boat wars in a big tub.. *PEW PEW!* "I shot you!" ..."No! You missed!" *PEW PEW PEW!!*

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If there is one nation on earth that is deserving of "regime change" by force, North Korea is it. Unfortunately they have 1 million + active service personnel with 8 million in reserve and are so brainwashed their people would probably view any intervention to liberate them as a collective call to arms to defend their "dear leader".

Truly a fine example of the malignant tumor that communism can grow into.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

3u40r15m
Ah like two little kids playing boat wars in a big tub.. *PEW PEW!* "I shot you!" ..."No! You missed!" *PEW PEW PEW!!*

The DMZ is the most heavily militarized area on the entire planet. I know people like to downplay exchanges between the DPRK and South Korea, but if the shells start flying for real, the bodies will pile up VERY quickly. It's a serious issue and it will continue to be one until the world can find a solution to deal with the kooks running the show in the DPRK.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

It won't escalate to many people dying as NK will go down fast - regardless of how many troops they have. I think the people there would be grateful for the respite. While they may be brainwashed why the 'accident' into SK territory? This could have been done as a cry for help. Also - if they are brainwashed, as soon as they know 100% that they are safe, healing can begin.

I agree with a poster above - don't think anything should be solved with war but in this case there is really no way to get this regime out of power other than violence. If they can just target him and send troops in to disarm and disable all weapons. I would probably shed some tears of joy for the people of that Country to see them freed.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

DeadSeraph

3u40r15m

The DMZ is the most heavily militarized area on the entire planet. I know people like to downplay exchanges between the DPRK and South Korea, but if the shells start flying for real, the bodies will pile up VERY quickly. It's a serious issue and it will continue to be one until the world can find a solution to deal with the kooks running the show in the DPRK.

Why is this the "worlds" problem. America is still at war overseas with bodies piling up. What makes this any more important?? This is literally a pissing contest between two Korean kids

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This incident should not be taken light heartedly....

The North and South may be exchanging little fire, but one wrong move, and this incident could have the potential to spark into something much more...

Hopefully nothing more happens as a result of this, but if worse comes to worst, it would be interesting to see what happens.

My personal opinion is that the North Koreans would likely mow down any South Korean, but since the South Koreans have support by the majority of the world, they will come out on top...let's hope it doesn't come down to war.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It is a bit unnerving to see people believe that a war with N. Korea let alone any war at all so minimal.
Do you guys not remember what happened last time? When China got involved. China. I'll repeat that once more. China.
Any strategist knows the danger in underestimating your enemy, and many of you are displaying that unruly quality quite well.

While it's probably a power play, downplaying it as childish banter when tens of thousands of lives could be on the line in a matter of hours is not a good idea in the slightest.

3u40r15m

DeadSeraph

3u40r15m

Why is this the "worlds" problem. America is still at war overseas with bodies piling up. What makes this any more important?? This is literally a pissing contest between two Korean kids

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

3u40r15m

DeadSeraph

3u40r15m

Are you serious?

This has the potential to become a serious problem.

Yes, it may be a battle of egos, but it is one which should not be forgotten. I guarantee you that if the two Koreas were to go to war, the USA (as well as its allies) would lose many more soldiers than what they currently are in Afghanistan...
edit on 31-3-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

And very very quickly. A renewed war between north and south Korea would make the 3 worst years of American casualties in Iraq look like a walk in the park within about a month. You might not think it's America's problem, but your opinion doesn't matter much. Americans gave their lives during the korean war and it's a bed you've made yourselves, so now you will get to lie in it too if things boil over.
edit on 31-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Let's not go overboard with concern on this, the live firing was merely exercise drills into the sea only that NK conducted, and SK reciprocated likewise.

Things are not heating up, and if everyone read the BBC report properly, they would have read that it was just a live fire exercise into the sea. They were not firing at each other.

It is obvious that some of you want to fearmonger, that you want things to kick off, for whatever reason you hold.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Someone should empty a can of RAID on North Korea...pesky little bugs they are

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Don't accuse me of fear mongering. People who downplay the situation in Korea aren't educated on the ramifications of a full blown conflict. The fact I think people should take the issue seriously does not mean I want them to be afraid. I'll tell you this much, there would be a hell of a lot less fear mongering if the idiot that runs the DPRK and his inner circle could be brought down to ruin without a military conflict. If you want to see fear mongering, try living in North Korea.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Please add to the existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join