It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Friend From Area 51

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Basically its a code of ethics in the defense and allied services, very rarely will any officer break this code of ethics. Keep your ears open and mouth shut.. You are right about scary and other things that the people are not yet ready for.
a reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

I mean, who cares about codes or ethics once your dead? Well, I suppose if you believe in an afterlife you wouldn't want to run into your CO and have to explain yourself. . .

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
There must be a reason all of these guys hold onto their secrets so closely. It can't always be about "honor and integrity of the service"...

Yes, one scenario you failed to mention -and it goes something like this: "If anything you divulge is traced back to you, your offspring, heirs, and estate will suffer greatly. You may be dead - but think of those you leave behind. It's a big desert out there."

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

I'd think that if you were involved in really secret stuff...you'd probably be an orphan with no family, wife or kids. Families distract and cause security risks.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

And what are the odds that EVERYONE at high levels "Above Top Secret" is an orphan, with no wife or family? A few perhaps, but do you think more than a very slight fraction have absolutely NO family - no parents, no siblings, no kids, grandparents/grandkids, cousins, assets, name to protect/defend, etc.?

Except for a very tiny minority of orphan/loners, everyone will have something/someone they would want to protect from harm once they are gone.

Besides, many of the top level jobs require advanced degrees, technical skills, organization/defense/management, etc. - not too many "orphans" are going to reach the educational and interpersonal requirements all by themselves. Every officer, office-holder, official worth 'the-salt' that I've ever encountered had a pretty solid, stable, support structure of parents, friends, family, that helped him or her get to where they are.

Would YOU risk them, ANY of them, by spilling the beans - on your deathbed or not? I wouldn't.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join