It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Will Decide If ACA Language Bars Health Subsidies In 34 States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This should concern everybody who has signed-up (or will be) for health insurance on an exchange.

It seems a court case decision is looming that could affect those subsidies that the Federal Government will pay to your insurance company to help lower your cost of the policy.

The case seems to hinge on whether or not the PPACA-ObamaCare-Federal Regulations have the legal authority to pay an insurance company part or most of your premiums.

The argument is they don't unless you actually signed-up on a *State* exchange not the *Federal Exchange*.

If you signed-up on the Federal website, your premium subsidy paid by the Feds could be marked "Illegal" ??

I wonder what will happen to people who have already got policies and the government has already paid the insurance company?

Recall and charge the people????

Caution !!! ... Can of worms is opening !!!!

( Forbes -- 3/25/2014 )

While hundreds of people were rallying for religious liberty on a snowy day outside the U.S. Supreme Court Tuesday, there were heated arguments inside a D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals courtroom a few blocks away, both involving challenges to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.

The Circuit Court, with Judge Thomas. B. Griffith presiding, heard oral arguments in Halbig v. Sebelius about whether tax subsidies for health insurance can be distributed through exchanges established by the federal government.

Sec. 1311 of the Affordable Care Act says that health insurance subsidies are available only “through an Exchange established by the State.” The IRS, however, interpreted the statute to mean that the subsidies also could be distributed through federal exchanges in the 34 states that declined to create their own exchanges.

Court Will Decide If ACA Language Bars Health Subsidies In 34 States

Halbig v. Sebelius (Cato Institute) link to the court docs

The big question is as always:

If you like your subsidy, can you keep your subsidy ???

Don't Get TOO Comfortable !!!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

A can of something anyway, at least another symptom of the collapse of this charade.

One can only hope that a public avowal of the failure is forthcoming, the longer it stretches out the worse it gets.
edit on 30-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This (ACA) was the most ill-conceived, falsehood based program I have ever seen.. Maybe I was not paying attention before? Ashamed in the leadership who voted without understanding or reading the bill.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm personally disappointed in this whole mess. I would love to have health insurance - not growing younger unfortunately. I have not by choice in the past (saved for ER care and stayed healthy), but when I tried to sign up the premiums and deducts were even worse than before and this isn't all due to being 2 years older. I have no clue if I was trying to sign up under a state or federal site and there were no subsidies for my friend - for me I never made it that far. I'm glad I didn't complete the app based on this news. Back to square one with some wasted time.

By the way - did they think this through? Or did they just decide one day "hey let's try this and see what happens?" Obama would have made an exceptional defense attorney - missed his calling. He was not meant to be a president because he likes to push the laws to their limits. This is not the position to be in to study law - he is not in school anymore and has no judge watching over his every move (let's go to chambers and discuss this). He is stuck in attorney/law school mode at the peoples expense.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I remember a while back that most of the arguments and hidden agendas of ACA would not be known until ACA was enforced.

Now I understand what some experts were talking about.

A can of worms indeed and is just the beginning, I wonder what else is hidden and about to hit consumers like a ton of bricks concerning the biggest fraud in the history of this nation.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's insane why this hasn't been repealed yet.

I'm really starting to thing that we are stuck with this shiite so aptly named Obamacare... because the care you will receive appears to be exactly how much he cares for the people of the US.

How much longer can they really defend this atrocity?
edit on 3/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Kanga, I feel the same as you. Come November, I think we'll start to see the tide turn for this run amok train wreck called Obamacare. I see it in real life, and social media building every day. People are getting mad as hell, and they are starting to get vocal about it.

Hopefully they will take that anger to the voting booth with them. I hope to high hell, we vote out every single politician that voted on *we have to pass the bill, to see what's in it*.

THEY passed it...now WE see what's in it...a lot of self serving, for a select few, steaming pile of BS.

Des

edit on 30-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If they do strike it down, that's probably going to be the end of this whole thing. That's a goodly number of states, a solid majority really.

top topics

join