It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 wordpress sites on a single hosting package?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ive got some website space with hostgator which i have a wordpress site on. I have now bought another domain name on i would like to use the space i have on my first hostgator package to host another wordpress site. So there would be 2 WP sites on the one package.

Im not sure how to do this, can anyone help?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken it needs to be set up as an add on domain but it's been so long I'm not sure. Could be a sub domain also. I have like 8 WP sites on my page and I use one...Good thing it's free.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

create a subdomain first and setup the second wordpress site (using cpanel)
then add the domain (add on domain)
finally point the domain at the site DNS/nameservers (since a new domain will have blank default nameservers)

edit on 3-30-14 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have this in my cPannel

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have bought another domain name from another company and i just want a second wp site on my current webspace so i can point my new domain name at it.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

In the picture above click on Addon Domains and enter your domain URL. Once thats set up go to the registrar where you registered the new domain and you should be able to change/set the DNS to point to your Hostgator hosting. You should be able to find the DNS to point to in the sidebar of your cPanel. Once you set the dns on your registrar thats that - it can take anything from 10 minutes to 24 hours for the dns to point to your hostagtor account.

Once set you'll be able to install your new wordpress site either via Fantastico or by FTPing a wordpress install and creating a new database with the MySql Database Wizard.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfetone

do not FORGET to setup a subdomain first, or it will overwirte your existing WP site

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the help guys. It turns out i need to pay a few dollars extra a month to have more than 1 WP site on my domain.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

that shouldn't happen.

when your hosting is up for renewal, check out the "geek" package at certified hosting...

paying more for a service that doesn't cost them anymore is robbery!!

(:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Ive got some website space with hostgator which i have a wordpress site on. I have now bought another domain name on i would like to use the space i have on my first hostgator package to host another wordpress site. So there would be 2 WP sites on the one package.

First create a folder where you want the second copy of WP to be installed. If you have a scripting add on to your cpanel then install it there. Then so seo will work, get the second domain name to bypass your current install of wp. Simple really, just make sure the second domain points to the folder you created with your wp installation.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Thanks for the help guys. It turns out i need to pay a few dollars extra a month to have more than 1 WP site on my domain.

This must be because of the number of databases you can have. I have been using bluehost for years and can have multiple wp sites no problem.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It should be able to be done very easily. Like someone said below, create a second folder and install it into that. If you have to pay extra to have more database space then you should think about changing hosting companies. I have used fatcow and ipage and they've been pretty decent. I don't use wb, i use joomla, but they don't limit you on the amount of databases you can have.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Guys, can I do the same thing, but with site created on another platform? I have one wordpress site, but I want to try one of this website builders just for interest.
edit on Dec 26th 2018 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hi,

You can add your second domain to your HostGator account easily first go to your HostGator Cpanel click
Domains then assign you new domains to the domain manager.

After assigning just complete the normal Wordpress installation procedure as usual if you don't how to do
it here is the linkLink removed, see your inbox

If you have any doubts regarding this installation procedure leave me your message to sEmail Removed
I will try to help you
edit on Jul 14th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
WordPress is a popular CMS (content management system) that can help you get your site off of the ground quickly and easily. Sometimes, you need to host multiple, unrelated sites on the same server.

This guide will cover how to host two separate WordPress instances on one VPS. They will each have their own domain name. This is different from setting up multisite.

We will accomplish this through the use of virtual hosts. This guide will use an Ubuntu 12.04 VPS server, but other distributions should function in a similar way..

Prerequisites
This guide has a few requirements that are covered in-depth in some of our other articles. Before you begin, make sure you have completed the following:

Create a new DigitalOcean VPS to host your WordPress sites. Complete the initial server configuration by following this guide.
Set up two domain names with DigitalOcean. Use this guide to learn how to set up domain names with DigitalOcean.
Install a LAMP stack on Ubuntu using this guide.

And to add your second domain, do this:
1) log in and get to your GD Hosting Dashboard
2) select Settings > Domain Management
3) click "Add Domain" (upper right)
4) at the next screen, enter the second domain (with OUT the www.) in Domain: and in Folder: enter sirleif so that the entry looks like this /sirleif
5) click "OK" and then wait for a while (up to an hour or so) before this domain addition has a chance to take effect

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

You're right. I was also required to pay for one. Cheers.

join