It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Epidemic Could Become Global Crisis

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Did you see this? ....I sincerely hope it's over-reaction and sensational reporting.

Ebola in India: Over 1,000 Indians being tracked for Ebola
Editorial Team September 8, 2014

edit on 8/9/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Not good news for Liberia.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I do not give them much chance even the capital is supposedly mostly without electricity or running water.

Liberia profile

Around 250,000 people were killed in Liberia's civil war and many thousands more fled the fighting. The conflict left the country in economic ruin and overrun with weapons. The capital remains without mains electricity and running water. Corruption is rife and unemployment and illiteracy are endemic.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow
Getting ebola is like winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning. There are about 9 billion or more on the planet and growing. A few thousand that have the disease is like odds of 1 person catching the disease in 9 millon people. Ooooo. I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared. Danger, will robinson. DANGER. DANGER.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I've been off line today, but I wondered what was going on with Ebola. Always something!
Thank you for bringing this article to my attention.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: research100
Seems as if we may never have all of the puzzle pieces. Like a cat kicking litter in a box,
the truth may have been buried. Now that seems sensational...but then again, this outbreak
is sensational.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Possible Ebola case reported at Miami-area hospital

Nooooo. Pray it isn't so.
www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
Getting ebola is like winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning. There are about 9 billion or more on the planet and growing. A few thousand that have the disease is like odds of 1 person catching the disease in 9 millon people. Ooooo. I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared. Danger, will robinson. DANGER. DANGER.

Yes the chances of us getting ebola in the west is slim at best.

But at the exponential rate the infection is spreading (look up what exponential means) its very very very bad news for west Africa. At the rate this is going a big chunk of west Africa could be dead by this time next year.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u

Move along then. Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you want.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Too much going on, nothing being reported by the WHO. Here's a rip your guts out different perspective.

Ebola death toll rise to 2,100; Red Cross zips 50 bodies a day

….“We are here only to pick up bodies. Before you call us make sure the person is dead. Those who are responsible for the sick people are different,” Friday chides Yarngroble.

Yarngroble is trying to be polite and professional but tears run down his cheeks as he responds.

“OK, sir. When they die we will call you again. Thank you for coming.”

Liberia: 'Ebola Deaths, Situation in Lofa Underreported'

…."Given the nature of the roads, the health team will go and take a sick man and leave the wife saying she is not yet showing signs and symptoms so they can't take her along. Within a while, the woman falls sick and they will go and take the woman, leaving the baby behind and the grandmother taking care of the baby and other people get sick. Because giving the mode of transmission of the virus I do not have to be a doctor to know that when the mother is sick and breastfeed the baby, the baby will get the virus. So from one man you will have more people contracting the virus, so the response is so poor", he lamented.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

“We are here only to pick up bodies. Before you call us make sure the person is dead. Those who are responsible for the sick people are different,” Friday chides Yarngroble.

Yarngroble is trying to be polite and professional but tears run down his cheeks as he responds.

“OK, sir. When they die we will call you again. Thank you for coming.”

This seriously broke my heart. What a tragedy... and it doesn't seem like it's going to get better any time soon. Terrible.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

I know. Me too. ....Can you imagine? “When they die we will call you again. Thank you for coming.”

Heartbreaking.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Latest from Who:

The death toll from the worst Ebola outbreak in history has risen to at least 2,296 out of 4,293 cases in five West African countries, the World Health Organization said on Tuesday.

The figures show almost 200 new deaths from the disease but were as of Sept. 6, meaning that they represent only one day since the WHO's previous update, which related to Sept 5.

It's rising.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yikes. I hate reading up on this ebola but I can't look away. It's like a slow moving train wreck. Thanks for the updates. I think Ikonoklast did a projection on the death toll increase that could be likely for October. (not entirely sure it was that ATS member) but if it's growing this quickly, I would say the entire world is at tremendous risk and those projections were vastly underestimated. I hope we are all worrying for nothing.

Scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: quirkygirl

Same here because 200 in a day already is pretty rapid growth and will only rise further.

On Thursday we could be reading that the Death Toll has risen by another 600.
edit on CDTTue, 09 Sep 2014 11:58:50 -0500u3011x150x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMistThose are the cases that have been theoretically authenticated in an hospital by a doctor. What about all the ones that can't even get into an hospital never mind see a doctor?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Elliot

More great News:

The top U.N. envoy in Liberia says at least 160 health workers have contracted Ebola and 80 have died in the epidemic.

Karin Landgren called the outbreak a "latter-day plague" that is growing exponentially. She told told the U.N. Security Council on Tuesday that most health workers have gone for long stretches without proper protective equipment, training or pay.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

...and it looks like most result from a 21-day incubation period if I understand correctly. Bad, bad, bad, getting worse.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: quirkygirl

Same here because 200 in a day already is pretty rapid growth and will only rise further.

On Thursday we could be reading that the Death Toll has risen by another 600.

What annoys me is we are in totally unknown territory with this And yet we have leaders saying it is not very infectious we will be ok while at the same time we have WHO admitting they do not have a clue how many are infected just that it is a lot more than they thought.

For all we know 200 is just the tip of the iceberg and our leaders are the captain of the titanic saying this ship is unsinkable.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
With the present rate of increase and the fact that it has moved into major cities with international airports, and the fact that symptoms can take up to three weeks to show up, it really is just a matter of time before this bug goes Hollywood. It will take some ridiculous efforts from every country involved to stop this without making significant advances. We cant even get multiple nations to work together on something that's fun. No way we will ever see the cooperation and resources necessary to stop this coming from a multinational effort. There is too much inclination to let the other guy handle the heavy part. Even in the face of disaster instead of stepping out of the way they will stand there yelling for help that isn't coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join