It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Conspiracy theory so far is the most plausible? Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 conspiracy theori

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
First, out of respect for the people who may have lost relatives and love ones in this tragedy I offer my sincere condolences to you and don’t want to marginalize this in any way.

That said, I am always skeptical about the “official story" in any of these events but on the other hand advocate the possibility of the truth for some conspiracy theories.

Here's what I posted earlier:

We are on a conspiracy site and in a conspiracy world nevertheless we have to have legitimate proof and reason behind any conspiracy for it to have people accepting it in mass. This one of course we all knew would reach the conspiracy professionals as all these type events from Sandy Hook, Boston Bombing, to 911 will forever more do. The good thing about ATS is that most of us look rigorously at the “proof” and judge objectively as possible. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now here are a list of the major theories as of yet.
Question: what one or ones have any legs with members?

LINK
Shoot-down theory

Shoot-down theory Limbaugh in 2009 Rush Limbaugh, according to CNN, proposed a shoot-down theory regarding Flight 370, which he described thus: "The jet is flying along and you have a total electronic failure, but the engines keep working. So then the crew says, 'We got to get back home. We got to get back to Kuala Lumpur. We can't fly with no electronics.' It's dark, nighttime. They fly over a bunch of unfriendly countries, and they can't identify themselves, and they're not identified, there are no lights on. There's been a total electronic failure. What if some hostile country flew up there and shot it down, and then discovered their mistake and nobody wants to admit what happened?"[10] Supporters have noted that civilian aircraft have been inadvertently shot down by military forces in the past, with Iran Air Flight 655 and KAL 007 being two of the most frequently cited.[11] On the other hand, there is no evidence that this happened specifically to Flight 370.[12] These theories have been dismissed by a Malaysian defense official, Ackbal bin Haji Abdul Samad, who said it was "highly not possible" that his country's air force shot down the plane. According to the Financial Express, the Malaysian Air Force detected the plane on radar while it was in flight, but took no action because it was believed to be a "friendly" aircraft.[

Phantom cellphone theory

Some have put forward a hypothesis which states that the passengers are still alive but cannot answer their cellphones—sometimes known as the "phantom cellphone theory". This was based on early reports that family members of Flight 370 passengers heard the passengers' phones ring after the plane disappeared.[14] However, it has been refuted by Jeff Kagan, a wireless analyst. In an email to NBC News, Kagan explained that the network may still produce "ringbacks" as it searches for a connection, even if the cellphone has been destroyed.[15]

Cyberattack

The hypothesis that a cyberattack may have been carried out on Flight 370 has been raised, primarily[citation needed] based on statements made by Sally Leivesley, a former scientific advisor to the UK government. Leivesley proposed that hackers may have changed the plane's speed, direction, and altitude using radio signals to the plane's flight management system.[16] Whether existing security on commercial flights is sufficient to prevent such an attack is also a matter of debate.[citation needed] While supporters of this theory have cited Hugo Teso's app which hacked into pilot training software, which Teso presented at a conference in April 2013, the Federal Aviation Administration and other major governmental bodies dismissed the significance of the app. They stated that the software on an actual plane would be different from the software on which Teso had tested his app.[17]

Rupert Murdoch

Between March 9 and 14, 2014, media mogul Rupert Murdoch tweeted that Flight 370's disappearance "confirms jihadists turning to make trouble for China [sic]." He later suggested the flight might have been hidden in Northern Pakistan, "like Bin Laden". These remarks were characterized as conspiracy theories by Shiv Malik in The Guardian.[18]

Diego Garcia and the United States military base

Conspiracy theorists have suggested that MH370 was either captured by the United States and then flown to the United States' military base on Diego Garcia[19] or that the plane landed at the base directly. The latter theory was raised at a White House daily briefing on March 18, whereupon press secretary Jay Carney responded, "I’ll rule that one out."[2

Acquisition of Freescale staff with stealth technology knowledge

Retired Delta Air Lines Captain Field McConnell claimed that the aircraft was seized to cull knowledge of classified patents from 22 Chinese employees of Austin-based Freescale. McConnell also claimed that the company has developed a classified technology that uses paint and electronics to enable traditional aircraft to be overhauled into stealthy jets.[21]

The CIA Did It:Flight 370 The CIA Hoax

The CIA along with Joint military commands set up during the Global War on Terror, tracked Flight 370, monitoring it continually, monitoring the murder of its passengers, monitoring its landing, monitoring its refueling and know exactly where it is.www.veteranstoday.com...

China Did It

www.veteranstoday.com...
Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 was shot down by Chinese missile, claims practising barrister Practising barrister Michael Shrimpton has published a blog post purporting to reveal precise details of the fate of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370. According to Shrimpton, who was called to the Bar in 1983 and practised from Tanfield Chambers until 2002 before setting up on his own, the missing plane was shot down by a missile that was fired from a Chinese submarine.

There of course will be more likely coming down the pipe.

edit on 30-3-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I like the one that Anonymous supposedly said about Jacob Rothschild holding the patent of Freescale Seniconductors. It's the best one I've heard so far.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My Guess (from March 16)

in Summary - 9/11 type operation scuttled because the perps would be exposed. Motive is my biggest issue - not clear on what was gonna happen.

I have personally ruled out most others, including shoot down, China, aliens, cyberattack etc.

The plane landed somewhere. It may now be at the bottom of the ocean but more likely in a hanger being melted down so there is no trace ever found (Diego Garcia?).

The Freescale issue is quite plausible and certainly provides motive. Patents are at stake and some confusion over whether recent patents granted after the plane went missing were for passengers on that plane.

Overall, just like 9/11, someone knows the truth (I want to know where flight 77 went!) and where the plane is now, but they're just playing with us.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The one thing I know for certain is that the press is playing us. Every time I turn on the television, someone is once again commenting about a rumored, obscure sighting of something floating on the water. It's persistent repetition 'ad nauseam', and so I turn off the TV, which is perhaps what the goal is?

If there actually was an incident, then my heart goes out to the families of the missing. At this point though, the big missing item is a plausible link between a hijacking and a crash at sea. Interesting scenario but no cigar.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Willtell

Diego Garcia and the United States military base

Conspiracy theorists have suggested that MH370 was either captured by the United States and then flown to the United States' military base on Diego Garcia[19] or that the plane landed at the base directly. The latter theory was raised at a White House daily briefing on March 18, whereupon press secretary Jay Carney responded, "I’ll rule that one out."[2

Hostage passenger/s, claimed text and cellphone image(exif apparently traces back to D. Garcia). The data, to a degree, can be changed however.
To add to "Diego Garcia" but not claiming plausible though rather because it' being discussed around the net:
Original Info
Shared here
More here
edit on 30-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: fixed link.

edit on 30-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: Another link, more.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
I like the one that Anonymous supposedly said about Jacob Rothschild holding the patent of Freescale Seniconductors. It's the best one I've heard so far.

The best way to verify that is to find the country that J.R. calls home, the country that Freescale calls home, find the patent offices for those countries, see where the patent is pending at and who submitted it.

I'm for the cyber-attack theory/Rothschild connection. The software that hacked the simulator succeeded. If a person is capable of making software that can do that, one can reasonably assume they can also upgrade it to hack a real plane.

Planes don't dissapear by accident, they dissapear by design.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The theory that is most likely is that the plane landed in Beijing but didn't land at the assigned gate; the reason why we have not heard anything is because during the flight the passengers collectively decided to play the quiet game. Needless to say the reason for the silence from the passengers and crew is that the quiet game got really serious because of some fierce competitors who happened to be on the flight. Hopefully soon at least one person will drop out of the competition and reveal that the passengers and crew are safe and staying in Salon A & B of the Beijing Airport Best Western; they've run up quite the room service bill.

Aside from that ludicrous scenario I'd caution the OP against referring to the speculation as conspiracy theories and instead use the term possibilities instead.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I read this morning that MI6 and CIA are investigating the disappearance, which made me think the hijacking theory is the most credible one. I know they haven't found a motive for the hijacking, but they have also not find any debris or evidence it crashed.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

This is an awesome comprehensive review of the conspiracy theories, I love it. Too bad they can't all be true... but I was thinking about the shoot-down theory myself. It would be a simple explanation. Even the slightest bit of normal corruption in the ranks could have people covering their asses on making a mistake like that.

As far as the hacking claim, the plane could have even been hacked by someone on board. And also, a lot of the events seem to point to the system being hacked into - for example, many of the tracking systems were in locations that would have been awkward to disable manually.

One of them would have required going under a trap door in the floor into the under-belly of the airplane, for example.
edit on 30pmSun, 30 Mar 2014 16:56:07 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

But the fact that the plane turned left, had the transponder go off and ACARS go off ( but still responding to pings, indicating some functionality of the electronics) at such a short time after the last contact with the plane (coincidentally just as it was passed off to another air traffic controller) is very suspicious especially when 3 navigational turns were executed the last one being after an hour of flying time. It is also highly suspicious that all the flight patterns were consistent with avoiding civilian radar on land.

Source (in comments)

I thought this part seems relevant. Something suspicious had to have happened. I could see the plane being shot down on accident, but still, what caused this in the first place?
edit on 30pmSun, 30 Mar 2014 17:01:17 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

A lot of that is presuming that the plane was not tampered with beforehand. Has anyone asked about the recent maintenance record of the plane. Going back to its last major service? Any oddities in the staffing of those services and/or inspections of the aircraft? I have not heard that topic mentioned at all in the MSM?

WTC towers were full of explosives, Diana's car had been tampered - seatbelts and brakes etc etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Tyre fire caused choking smoke to enter the cockpit. Pilot turned off non essential electronics, climbed to altitude (to extinguish fire) and headed towards nearest airport. Dropped back to low approach to airport but passed out due to smoke. Oxygen masks not deployed due to fire. Smoke in passenger areas caused unconsciousness & then deaths of crew & passengers. Plane continued in slow arc to the south, travelling on boundaries between county's radar/airspace and ditched in the southern ocean south-west of Perth when fuel ran out.

Malasian millitary "missed" seeing the initial plane path over their air space through innatention & not following protocols & don't want to admit it.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I liked that one too until I read the other patent holders weren’t on the plane.
It’s not clear yet that they were on that plane.

None of those names are found on the Malaysia Air’s website passenger manifest. Snopes has posted a link to the actual patent, and if that link is the patent, the names on the patent do not match the “rumored” names (see below) and none of the names showing on the patent, are on the passenger manifest. Rumors also are associating work in “electronic warfare” and “military radar” to be industries Freescale is involved in, and, indeed, they are. A Linked-In job position looking for a “RF [Radio Frequency] Military Systems Engineer in Tempe, Arizona was posted “131 days ago.”

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
the freescale one..
..if there actually was some 22 of those patent holders on that plane

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

chr0naut

Tyre fire caused choking smoke to enter the cockpit. Pilot turned off non essential electronics, climbed to altitude (to extinguish fire) and headed towards nearest airport. Dropped back to low approach to airport but passed out due to smoke. Oxygen masks not deployed due to fire. Smoke in passenger areas caused unconsciousness & then deaths of crew & passengers. Plane continued in slow arc to the south, travelling on boundaries between county's radar/airspace and ditched in the southern ocean south-west of Perth when fuel ran out.

Malasian millitary "missed" seeing the initial plane path over their air space through innatention & not following protocols & don't want to admit it.

I agree... at the time this theory showed up on ATS, authorities were still searching the north window, when this theory states that the south window is where the plane went down.
What happens next?..... authorities all of a sudden are searching southern window only.

Funny how OP recounts the most unfeasible of theories and nobody but you and me recounted this one which is the most realistic albeit scariest too!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have one you probably have not heard..........this guy claims a company named SERCO is behind it and they wanted to steal the stealth tech. He also claims SERCO is responsible for 9/11, Sandy Hook, and many others.

www.abeldanger.net...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Global Elite

It's always Soros or is it...
"George Soros and GA Telesis Connection to Flight 370!" - Video of the cached Veterens Today "removed" article: here

Rothschild?
"Rothschild owned Blackstone Group benefits from missing flight 370, becoming primary patent holder of new technology, reports say" - See here
edit on 30-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thumbs way up on this article bro…thanks much

LINK

But what about the fact that the patent holders weren’t on the plane? LINK

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The plane was shifted into another realm via special paint used in the repairs of the wing. Only certain frequency came through during trip. They were never aware of a coarse change because everything shifted around them.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well, I guess somebody is not doing their investigative reporting job very well, then. The best way to know if they were on the plane or not is to find out if they're still alive.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

hmmmbeer
reply to post by darkbake

A lot of that is presuming that the plane was not tampered with beforehand. Has anyone asked about the recent maintenance record of the plane. Going back to its last major service? Any oddities in the staffing of those services and/or inspections of the aircraft? I have not heard that topic mentioned at all in the MSM?

WTC towers were full of explosives, Diana's car had been tampered - seatbelts and brakes etc etc.

That info is amongst the paperwork that has been placed in a sealed envelope.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join