It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin ‘wants to regain Finland’ for Russia, adviser says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

That would explain the military shuffle by Russia on their border with Finland. They have moved 3,000 signal intelligence members to that area.

As for Putin doing this because of the US - I would say that it is partially true but not in the sense people may think. I think Putin is doing this because of how weak Obama is when it comes to international intrigue. After his failure with the red line comments, I am surprised The United Kingdom did not try reclaiming the US.

Putin is dangerous and if not checked WWII is going to look like a walk in the park compared to what he will unleash.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
One thing that stuck me was that it was Putin's FORMER economic adviser saying this. Before when take this man at his word, I would like to know why he is the former economic adviser. Did he simply retire or was he let go and has an axe to grind?

Even if it is true that these are Putin's wishes, Putin is a smart man. Smart enough to know that going to war with Finland is a very, very bad idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Finland my ass! Putins mouthpieces need to be careful with their words, unlike the Ukrainians there are plenty of Baltic states that can bite back hard.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I'm sure there's a reason why Mr. Illarionov is not Putins advisor for the last 9 years and has to sell this kind of stories to tabloids. It's like Obamas friend or something from the past who said that he has a lust for war and wants to kill everybody. Sames thing, different leader.

I call BS and with a good reason
Putin/Russia articles are well read these days so you can expect a lot more BS in the media until they will start to compare Putin to a nutjob like Kim Jong.
edit on 30-3-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I am old enough to remember so many "end of the world " storys, and how this country or that country will start some new ww. Me I just sit down and drink my coffie and let them get on with it. Seems the talaban is not as fearfull as before, even our great muslem leader obama is talking about nukes been used by terrorists. Time for another cup of coffie

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Its true the Finns train there army in forest, winter and town warfare, its a small army but one of the best, thats why the tallban trys to get young muslems living in Finland trained by the army

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Not going to happen.

Putin is smarter than that, unless, the world leaders have decided that the only way to fix world economies and reduce the world populations at the same time is to have a WW.

Nearly all countries seem to be on spending spree's that way outpace their "income". There are few counties that are not on the brink of disaster economically these days. Historically a WW does a reset of economies.

Also, with technology doing away with 70% of all jobs within the next 10+ years (ie home 3D printers replacing manufacturing) (computers replacing more low level white collar workers) (robotics replacing manual laborers) The leaders of the world know that it will create great instability unless the population is quickly decreased.

So, expect many false flags, until one actually starts WWIII. As Obama says, he worries about a nuke doing away with New York, why would he say that if he didn't "know" it was a good possibility and soon.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Finland isnt just some little country they can kick around, they have a military, every person must serve a year or 2, Finlnd has already beat the russians before, I know it was way back during ww2, it says something for this country. They know the land, and how to fight in winter conditions extremely well.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just little old Finland !

Well i am happy to hear that because the USA is on a land grab that would consume the whole world if they were given half the chance.

Lets see some satellite images of this Russian buildup or have they all gone wrong again like they did with that missing plane.

Soon you will see the gas pipelines blown up in the Ukraine and right on queue our american saviors will rush into Europe to save the day by offering to sell us gas at treble the going rates whist at home the american public will only see 100% rises at the pumps.

Tell me when was the last time that Russia attacked anyone and now answer the same question about the US of A

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

VirusGuard
Tell me when was the last time that Russia attacked anyone and now answer the same question about the US of A

Ukraine for Russia...

Libya for the US...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Xcathdra

VirusGuard

Ukraine for Russia...
Libya for the US...

OK then but did Russia create a no fly zone, bomb the crap out the place or stick something up the presidents bum before they killed him in Libya.

Last I knew was the the rag tag groups who took control in the Ukraine shoot their own people to create an invitation for the west to come in and Russia has not fired a single shot in anger in the Ukraine.

Maybe you are confused with the Crimea that is now controlled by Russia after free and open elections where I must admit one person got killed during the election process.

Mr Obama was on TV the other day trying to say that this so called invasion that never even took place was as bad as the USA going into Iraq where one million died and five million were made homeless and you would only need to be six digits out on a calculator to see that what he said was the absolute truth.

You don't happen to have a few pictures of this invasion that never took place, dead bodies and tanks all over the place or satellite images of this massive invasion force that Russia is building up do you because I must admit that so far I tend to think the media propaganda were telling us more truth about them WMD in Iraq then they are saying about the latest conflict.

Soon the gas pipes in the Ukraine will be blown up and it will all be blamed on Russia and nothing to do with IMF telling the un-elected government of the Ukraine to cut public sector wages by 65%, Pensions by 50% and gas costs going up 50%, no sir it's them commies under the beds that done it.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here's a related article -

Finland Frets as Russia Launches Military Drills on Its Doorstep

Troops and jet fighters from all four military regions of Russia were deployed Sunday about 150 miles east of the Finnish border, according to the English-language newspaper Finnbay. The Russian defense ministry said in a statement that the exercises were pre-planned and that more than 50 fighter pilots took part.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

" about 150 miles east of the Finnish border"

Man that's a long way away from the border so maybe Russia needs to take a leaf out of Americas book and start playing war games right on the border like they are doing in South Korea just now

Attacking Finland is not logical unless you are selling them tank or jet fighters and then you would want them to think that they are only days away from an all out war with Pakistan, Iran, Russia, China, North Korea, Syria and .......... err ......... well anyone will do.

Mr Putin does not need a script when holding a press conference or a plug in his ear which is not like Obama so you tell me which one is lying all the time because someone is.

<< 1   >>

join