It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stinky Lazy Co-Workers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

signalfire
Repeatedly tell management that the smell is making you sick, and who/where it's emanating from so it's documented.

Then throw up on him, apologizing profusely that you couldn't get to the filthy bathroom in time, because his smell made you so sick...

It probably won't bother him being vomited on, but it's worth a shot and he may even have to go home for the night.

In other revenge scenarios, you might try flooding his desk with (admittedly toxic) anti-smell stuff; Lysol or room freshener or such. Or throw a bucket of cold water on him...

Man, I LOVE fantasizing about revenge against people like this, now that I don't have to work with them anymore...

PS: All these things will work best if the rest of the office is sick of him, too.

Signalfire,

On a side note. I purchased this domain name last year, haven't done anything with it. But, did have people like you in mind when I came up with it. www.ittybittyrevenge.com

For those times when just a little revenge will do. I could see the OP using it's services.....

Any ideas from you, are more than welcome. I like the way you think

Des

edit on 30-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Excellent and righteous rant Jennyfrenzy!!
Sympathy star and flag.
I feel guilty for laughing at the previous posts.. So, here is a possible passive solution for strong workplace smells..
Outside of work discuss with the other nasally abused coworkers about starting an office pool to go in on an Air Purifier/ionizer unit. They come in all sorts of sizes and configurations. They work awesome!!
On top of that, I'd also be tempted to get a small cigar smell ionizer and hide it under the offending coworkers desk. Or somewhere close by them, to pull the concentrated funk into it. Just to cover your bases.
That should take care of the smell problem.

As far as people not picking up after themselves/leaving messes.. This should NOT be tolerated by management!! At all!
I totally agree with a previous poster that it is a big issue effecting workplace productivity. This is WAY more easy to address without singling anyone out, or possibly discriminating against someone. I'd be bringing this up to my boss every day until they implemented a strictly enforced messiness policy!!!

Well, that's my 2 cents..
Sorry I laughed really, really hard at my fellow ATS members grief. But it's sooo darn funny to me!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have a simple solution for you. Beat them at there own game, be dirtier! since they're men leave some used tampons in there way or something so repulsive they have no choice but to change their ways, as long as you keep cleaning up after them they will never stop, they think of you as their maid. Don't be. I use to have roomates who never did dishes or cleaned toilet they just assume I'd always do it, until I got fed up, I let stuff pile up until they were forced to help out, I always win ahahahahah! Work smarter not harder.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Kewl!

Passive-Aggressive 'R Us!

My final act of revenge may very well be throwing a skunk down the ventilation ducts of the DUMBs. Anyone got a map? I like to plan ahead.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yahzzy212

That was my first thought as well.. Fight stink with stink.
I wouldn't underestimate my adversaries in this kind of situation though..
Sounds like a losing battle.
I agree with you about letting the mess accumulate. Great way to force "Michael Scott's" hand.
Not so much on board with the used tampon idea..

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I work in a retail locksmiths shop, and we also carry hardware. I am used to builders, carpenters, and people doing DIY, coming in covered in muck, and smelling like they have been working hard, and I applaud that, because it means they have gumption and vim, and there are all too many folk who lack these things.

However, there are also those customers who come in looking, and smelling, as if they have not cleaned themselves, or their garments since well before I was even born. This aggravates me to a massive degree, despite the fact that after a day cutting keys, and fixing locks, cleaning and sharpening garden tools, and using main strength for several key tasks, I realise that I must smell none too fragrant. But on those days when I have worked until my clothes were saturated with my secretions, I get into the shower, and cleanse my body of the filth, and I also ensure that my washing gets into the machine.

There is little enough effort required, that to do otherwise seems needlessly indulgent, and deliberately anti social. Sometimes a customer will come into my store, and the only thing I can think is "Good God! I smelled better than that when I lived on the street!".

The thing about the smears of shed skin on a telephone, I also understand. Our computers key board could be cleaner, but given the fact that this is a workshop as well as a retail outlet, I forgive us for laxity in that way. However, there is nothing more detestable than to walk into what I call a place of "soft work" and find build ups of every bodies dead flesh on the telephones, door handles, desks, and chair backs. There is quite a build up on my bass guitar, but that is different. My flesh sacrifice to metal is my business, and no one else has to be involved with that!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"Drop hints"??? Grow a spine and communicate honestly. People respect that

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

He knows his smell makes me physically ill, we have had several conversations about his stench/filth. The problem I have is having to ask over and over again.

I have a spine and speak my mind (don't need to grow one.)

edit on 1-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

oh, i saw that you had discussed it. I am talking about others recommending that you drop hints. Hints just won't work. i saw a former HR Director hand a gift basket full of soap and deodorant to these hillbillys that moved down from Grand Junction, CO once. It was ludicrous. I have an uncle like that. It isn't that he needs soap. Its that he needs concern for hygeine. Some folks just don't have it.

You can be compassionate, but still need to be direct. Perhaps odor is caused by a medical condition, or depression. Who knows. Compassion and direct still have a role to play together.

Yes...you were direct in your retelling of events. That is the only respectful way to be to someone. It is far better than dropping hints and talking about them when they aren't there, which is what typically is done in the workplace. All that does is turn the tables of harassment back around, removing you from the role of victim.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You could always get a wire brush .. bucket hose soap water and hire a couple goons to scrub the walking dirtpile since he doesnt understand proper hygiene ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join