It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy predicts twin quakes in CA & NV; Long Beach in RED CAPS - wiped off map by Tsunami?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In response to BO XIAN’s request for “felt like” info on the La Habra shake, I’ll throw in my 2 cents.

I live in Redondo Beach, CA, along the coast. So, I’m probably around 20 or so mile from La Habra and didn’t feel the full impact. With that in mind, what I felt was a mild rolling/swaying motion. It wasn’t the jagged, sharp, horizontal/vertical displacements that many quakes produce. Then, again, I guess it depends on how close you are to the epicenter as to the ground movement at the surface, and also the type of quake. I think this was a blind thrust fault quake.. Anyway, it seemed to last approx 15-20 secs, and it caused me to feel quite disoriented/off-balance.

It reminded me of a quake that occurred around 15 years ago called the Hector Mine Quake. I was in Redondo Beach then, as well. Thing is, this quake was centered in the Palm Springs/Twentynine Palms area, out in the desert east of LA, and a lot farther away than the La Habra quake. It was also a LOT stronger, with a magnitude of 7.1. From where I was, though, all I felt was the same rolling/swaying/disorienting feeling of the La Habra shake. Both times, the first thing to come to my mind was, “Man, somebody just got sucker-punched”.

It was funny: the Hector Mine quake, as I recall, happened around 2 or 3 in the morning. About 5 seconds into the rolling/swaying motion my phone started ringing. It was my ex-wife, who was living in Palm Springs at the time. She was frantic and said the bed was violently moving back and forth across the room. Definately in panic mode, she was in a state of blind fright. From where I was sitting, though, it was kinda funny. Trying to be cute and diffuse the situation, all I could think to say was, “Don’t worry, Honey, we’ll get an Exorcist over to you right away...”. She was so shook up, though, I don’t think she heard a word I said. That’s OK, at least I got a chuckle out of it

As far as tsunami’s go, there is one scenario that could result in a tsunami and cause a good deal of damage to Long Beach. It’s descibed in a USC study of the stability of the Palos Verdes Peninsula. There’s an article about it HERE.

Have fun...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by gardener

TO ALL WHO FELT THE RECENT CALIFORNIA QUAKES:

WHAT COULD YOU ARTICULATE AS TO SPECIFICALLY HOW THEY FELT DIFFERENTLY THAN USUAL?

I'd rather see how many descriptive words y'all could come up with, WITHOUT my offering suggestions for same. IF folks really have a hard time coming up with such descriptive words, then I'll offer some in a later post.

Let's see if we can come up with 7-12 DIFFERENCES between the recent quakes and earlier clusters or series of quakes.

imho, first hand reports of such from a diversity of people and locations MIGHT just offer some insights as to what's changed geologically.

Thx in advance to all who care to bother.

I wasn't there for those earthquakes, but did you look at the depth of those recent quake swarms? That's just extremely odd to say the least. And this is even with the fact that they will lie and do whatever they can to cover up strange things like that whenever they can. But you get the initial data lots of times as it happens, and the depths of those quakes is ridiculously shallow.

Something is very strange there.

adjensen
Second thread in as many days that I've had to inject a little geophysical reality into.

The San Andreas fault is a strike-slip fault -- it moves horizontally, not vertically. Tsunamis require vertical displacement of water.

Ergo, an earthquake in California is unlikely to cause a tsunami anywhere, much less California or Nevada. (Nevada? Do these "prophets" even have a map? lol)

See: Tsunamis

If there is a landslide, then you could have a tsunami. So yes, you could have a tsunami.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

I much agree with you.

Personally, I think that the basic geological factors are not as well understood even by the experts . . . as they'd like us to believe or as they'd like to believe themselves.

I think horizontal displacement of great amounts of cubic miles of earth could easily dislodge sufficient chunks to cause a tsunami.

But what do I know. LOL.

Thx for your kind reply.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I had a sort of dream (more like a vision, the only time ever) back in 2010, I believe, of being on a beach in CA in the morning. It felt a little cool, seemed to be maybe 7 or 8 am, very late spring or early fall. There was a sidewalk parallel to the highway and beach, smaller white stucco buildings across the street. I dont know what city it was, but i felt it was an area just to the south of downtown. Suddenly there was a big boom and something large crashed into the water and simultaneously there was a lot of shaking, which cracked and crumbled those white buildings. Suddenly I'm over this city, watching as ocean water completely inundated the city, running up hills. After that, I sort of came to/woke up.

My reason for posting this is because in my "dream", the object hit the water not far from shore, causing a quake, and both the quake and object caused the tsunami. Since that day, I've always felt that a big CA tsunami might happen but not in the way we'd all assume. Whether it was a weapon or a meteor, I don't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join