It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Flushes the US Dollar: Russia’s Gold Ruble Payments System Delinked from Dollar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

www.globalresearch.ca...
Russia “forced” by the sanctions to create a system independent from the Dollar.
Russia announces that it will sell (and buy) his products and commodities – including oil – in rubles; not anymore in dollars

Putin has been preparing this move — the creation of a payment system in rubles completely independent and protected from the Dollar and the killer speculations of the big Western financial institutions — for a long time.

It is what Putin needed. Since at least 2007, he was trying to launch an independent Ruble System, a financial system that would be based on Russia’s real economy and resources and guaranteed by its gold reserves. No tolerance for looting and financial speculation: A peaceful move, but at the same time a declaration of independence that Wall Street will consider as a “declaration of war”.

The move has not been done in secret. On the contrary. A huge golden ruble symbol will be set up in front of bank Rossiya headquarters in Perevedensky Pereulok in Moscow “to symbolize the rouble’s stability and its backing by the country’s gold reserves,” the official agency Itar-Tass explains quoting the bank officials.

In fact, the officials are very clear on their intention to punish the western speculators that have been looting their country for a long time:

“Russia, at its present stage of development, should not be dependent on foreign currencies; its internal resources will make its own economy invulnerable to political wheeler dealers.”

“Russia should sell domestic products – from weapons to gas and oil – abroad for roubles and buy foreign goods also for rubles….Only then are we going to use the advantages of the rouble being a foreign currency in full measure.”

“Why do we not do this? This definitely should be done, we need to protect our interests, and we will do it. These systems work, and work very successfully in such countries as Japan and China. They originally started as exclusively national [systems] confined to their own market and territory and their own population, but have gradually become more and more popular…”

Well.... Russia seems clearly in the intention of damaging the western economy . and from the above statements , it seems that Putin was waiting for an excuse to start this , Ukraine crisis and American Sanctions provided that excuse...

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hmmm. Didn't Mr Sadam Hussain stop selling oil using the petrodollar?

Don't think Mr Putin will be so easy to remove from power somehow.

All 'good things' must come to an end...........

As the Chinese say, 'May you live in interesting times.'

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Good for him, with Russian gold reserves, why be dictated to by the federal reserve.

Our supposed western governments would be better off following him, because Putin cannot damage an economy that is based upon thin air.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Be interesting to see how the markets respond on Monday .It really wasn't done to destroy the US or anyone else but to stop being destroyed by the system that is destroying every country that has bought into it .He is basically over turning the money changers tables ....peace

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Good.
What we need now is others to follow this example.
It is time to put this mighty dollar myth to rest, once and for all.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I am not an economist but would be interested in hearing the potential outcomes if this globally. Interesting times indeed.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Elliot

No one Invades Russia if they have any brain cells....no one....
edit on 30-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

So True! No one with a brain cell would even consider it..........that's what 's so worrying. There's a lot of psycopaths in charge of this world.

Mr Putin also has the right to 'self defence' when he is being attacked economically. He has to defend his own country so his actions are not really surprising. If Mr O had walked up to Mr P and hit him wouldn't we expect Mr P to take his attacker in an head lock and take him to the ground? Just self defence really.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

The little internal pressure rallied in the west to consolidate and reform our fiat based monetary systems didn't suffice... now it's comming from the outside.

Libertarians ought to be grateful to Putin for this. Not Putin the person obviously, but the role he is playing. Weird times indeed.
edit on 30-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Brotherman
I am not an economist but would be interested in hearing the potential outcomes if this globally. Interesting times indeed.

So before the wall fell the ruble was basically as Putin is now saying he wants it to be....It didn't work out too well for them back then so I don't think it will again.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

maddy21

Well.... Russia seems clearly in the intention of damaging the western economy . and from the above statements , it seems that Putin was waiting for an excuse to start this , Ukraine crisis and American Sanctions provided that excuse...

It will be interesting to see how Europe will handle all this since they are directly affected by anything Russia does, America is indirectly affected. I can see Europe rolling over and letting Russia do whatever they feel like.....

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

crazyewok

Elliot

I fully agree. Not even because occupations of foreign lands NEVER lasts, it is because Russians are Russians and their "Motherland" is a belief among them that will out spirit any religion, government or monetary system. They are similar to Canadians but more ancient and unburdened with pleasantries. I think it has to do with living above the 49th parallel. If you don't, you won't understand.

I wish Canada and Russia would team up. The rest of the world requires hand-outs to survive and should be placed according in order.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm having trouble finding any more sources on this. How reliable is the site you provided?

If Russia has really dropped the dollar and is moving to impose a new gold standard, this is HUGE news for global markets.

But until I can get a second source I can't say that I completely believe this just yet. I have been unable to find anything in my search.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
And he huffed...and he puffed...but he couldn't blow the world's reserve currencies door down.And exactly who else is going to deal with rubles and damage their relations with the west?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And we all know money talks.

To hell with money anyway.
It's fake and fragile and should only be made from plastic.
So we are reminded the whole system of banking
and currency proves the existence of evil in the world.

"For the love of money is the route of all evil"

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
How the hell did I do a DOUBLE POST?

The pain is extraordinary.

edit on Rpm33014v102014u06 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

TheNewRevolution
I'm having trouble finding any more sources on this. How reliable is the site you provided?

If Russia has really dropped the dollar and is moving to impose a new gold standard, this is HUGE news for global markets.

But until I can get a second source I can't say that I completely believe this just yet. I have been unable to find anything in my search.

I do not know if www.globalresearch.ca... verifies the articles it publishes, they have a big disclaimer on their articles...

Disclaimer: The contents of this article are of sole responsibility of the author(s). The Centre for Research on Globalization will not be responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect statement in this article. The Center of Research on Globalization grants permission to cross-post original Global Research articles on community internet sites as long as the text & title are not modified. The source and the author's copyright must be displayed. For publication of Global Research articles in print or other forms including commercial internet sites, contact: [email protected]

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

TDawg61
And he huffed...and he puffed...but he couldn't blow the world's reserve currencies door down.And exactly who else is going to deal with rubles and damage their relations with the west?

Those in Europe and Asia that want food, water and energy? By "relation with the west" you mean extortion from the west. Right?

Can someone remind me what the US Israel and Britain are bringing to the table? What services do they offer the other 7/8 of the planet. I am scratching my head on this one.
edit on 30-3-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

MALBOSIA

crazyewok

Elliot

I fully agree. Not even because occupations of foreign lands NEVER lasts, it is because Russians are Russians and their "Motherland" is a belief among them that will out spirit any religion, government or monetary system. They are similar to Canadians but more ancient and unburdened with pleasantries. I think it has to do with living above the 49th parallel. If you don't, you won't understand.

I wish Canada and Russia would team up. The rest of the world requires hand-outs to survive and should be placed according in order.

Seeing how much Canada relies on America for it's economy this will never happen. If America were to stop buying Canada's oil how long do you think it would take before Canada's economy would collapse?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

MALBOSIA

TDawg61

Those in Europe and Asia that want food, water and energy? By "relation with the west" you mean extortion from the west. Right?

Can someone remind me what the US Israel and Britain are bringing to the table? What services do they offer the other 7/8 of the planet. I am scratching my head on this one.
edit on 30-3-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

You mean besides corn, soybeans and wheat? America leads the world in corn and soybeans and comes in third when it comes to wheat. What does Canada lead the world in maple syrup?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join