It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there two "3D's"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have a theory that there are two "3D's" and that, between those is "4D" - so there are two time lines, one is a loop, and the other is progressive.

I.e. Like a cassette tape, one "3D" is stuck on a perpetual loop, and the other "3D" - real time, continues to run.

So, there are basically "two you's" - one is "stuck" in the loop, and the other is in the real world.

So, if you are in the "real world" you feel positive, you feel like you are alive, the other, you feel like you are stuck in a rut.

I believe that there is an opportunity for us to "cross over" to real time, however, you have to have eliminated yourself from the "loop" in order to "cross".

Tell me what you think about my theory.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Good theory, at least a new take and out of the box thinking. ATS is the place for stuff like this.

About the theory itself, I have to wrap my two heads around it a bit more, and will post again. Thanks for the thread and the concept.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Theories are used by science to explain something; an observation upon nature, or some phenomenon.

What prey tell does our "theory" attempt to explain? What event (or set), or phenomenon does your hypothesis attempt to explain?

93!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I have been wondering along similar lines and I have come to the conclusion that both 3D's are connected by a Mobius strip and that travel between the two 3D realms is as simple as turning around 360 degree's , placing us on one side of the strip, and turning a further 360 degree's , 720 degree's total (2 full turns), to return to ones starting point!

I think this explains how keys etc. go missing when we put them down ... we come in ... we put them down ... we turn around and walk out ... we remember we need them and we keep turning around and we go back for them but they are now gone ... because they are on the other side of the Mobius strip ... where there indeed could be a mirror version of ourselves!

I think that this relates to the Sufi's who spin around trying to gain greater contact with God ... maybe they are unwinding all their karmically crossed paths?

Anyway I loved you idea ... great speculation!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

What I think:

Some people feel disconnected to the real world many times in their lives. It usually passes.

I find that a 2-3 day fast (minimal water only) helps keep you connected to 'real time.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

SystemResistor
I have a theory that there are two "3D's"

There are! I have empirical evidence of them as I have been studying them all night last night. It's why there are two cups in a bra.

All seriousness aside, I have often thought similarly, although I have never put it together into a complete thought. What must one do to eliminate ones self from that timeline?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

tanka418

Theories are used by science to explain something; an observation upon nature, or some phenomenon.

What prey tell does our "theory" attempt to explain? What event (or set), or phenomenon does your hypothesis attempt to explain?

93!

Sigh... It's one thing to tell him that he used a word incorrectly.. it's another to do what you did. Shut the # up.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Expanding a little bit on your thoughts maybe one time line can be represented as a straight line while the looping time line isn't a closed loop but more like a spiraling one that spins around the straight one. They both move forward through time it's just that the spiraling one takes longer. Kind of like when everything in life is smooth sailing and nothing is going wrong (straight time line) compared to when life just sucks and time seems like it's at a crawl (spiraling time line).

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Firstly, I like your name.

Secondly, similar to others, I would like to know what caused you to come up with your theory.

I am also unable to "fit" the topology you describe into our current understanding of spacetime (which is, at least, 4D).

If the topology is moebius-like then that would imply that simple physical traversal would move us from one "world" to another, but the distance back to our space would be twice the distance around each loop.

Even looking at the most distant stars, we don't see secondary images of the alternate space stars and then our space stars.

The observed topology is flat and unlooped to the extent of our best equipment (which can count individual photons) and to the horizon of the big bang (in time).

Also, looking inward/downwards, dimensionality is flat to the Planck length (1.61619926 × 10^-35 meters).

Are you able to provide alternate descriptions of your theory (a mathematical one would be really helpful to me).

edit on 30/3/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

SystemResistor
I have a theory that there are two "3D's" and that, between those is "4D" - so there are two time lines, one is a loop, and the other is progressive.

An interesting idea, but I'm curious; What of the other 2 dimensions?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
All finite Dimensions no matter how many must be at least 3D. There are no indipendent 2Ds that exist on its own without bing on a Dimension of minimum 3D.

All Dimensions that any one of you can come up With, are finite dimensions, therefor they must exist within a infinite Dimension that have no shape, form or edge.

All finite Dimensions are governed by a finite timeline. The inifnite Dimensions is a absolute constant. That means its timeline is absolute constant.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well...

Three dimensional or 3D refers exclusively to depth, width, and height.

If you are saying that there are in fact, 6 dimensions relating to physical space, and that hidden amongst these six, three in tandem with three, there is a hidden fourth, not added to the total of six, but intrinsically a part of those six none the less, that is an interesting possibility, but the mathematics which would actually explain how that even begins to work on any level, would boggle the sternest and sturdiest minds ever applied to such a thing.

Precisely what are you suggesting, and why have you come to this conclusion?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I was thinking about the "future" and I have had a few little "glimpses" into the "Real World" where time continues however it is where "new events" happen, and the "loop" is where these "events" are back-cycled, yet, of course, "match up" to the present, that is the next "link" in each "loop" - that is, the "present" of the "looped reality".

As long as there are "new events" in the real world, there will be "bandwidth" for the "loop" to continue progressing.

The "cross over" is basically a time where there is a "bridge" between both worlds, and essentially, you have to coin a "new event" in the "Real World" and connect it to the "loop" - this is done with a special kind of "template" however there are also other methods - for instance, taking one item from the "old world" and placing it in the "new world" and using its trajectory as a "bridge".
edit on 4-4-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

That time can exist in a "closed circuit" however instead of playing itself back exactly the same way, small deviations or things that cannot be predicted - "new events" are used to differentiate the next "loop" from the last.

These "new events" are manifestations of the "real world" as time is progressive and changing by its nature, and that point in time - the new event" is used to "staple" the "loops" together.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A "new event" would be the actions of somebody whom is able to "choose" as Newtonian physics would demonstrate inanimate objects will continue thier path until they react with another.

Obviously, I can pick up a rock and throw it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

SystemResistor

That time can exist in a "closed circuit" however instead of playing itself back exactly the same way, small deviations or things that cannot be predicted - "new events" are used to differentiate the next "loop" from the last.

These "new events" are manifestations of the "real world" as time is progressive and changing by its nature, and that point in time - the new event" is used to "staple" the "loops" together.

Just how does a "closed circuit" contain anything "new"? Does not the idea of "closed" preclude the entrance of anything new?

Also, if some new information were to enter this "closed loop/circuit" would that not change the content, and perhaps the context of our closed time loop, and make it an original, and therefore not closed, segment of normal time?

then consider this:

Theory: a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena. (dictionary.reference.com...)

Again I would ask: What phenomena does your theory attempt to describe? I know of no event, or set of events that could be properly described by a "closed temporal loop", and I would think that such a thing can't be properly described by science as yet.

Modern "time physics" seems to be moving toward a thing they call "closed time-like curves", however, I've not seen them described as "loops". These "curves" can apparently do a variety of things...the most important right now is the ability to "stop" the passage of time in a very local sense (stasis fields). Although, some of the scientsts are talking some form of time travel may be possible soon.

edit on 4-4-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The "new events" happen in the real world, these are recorded and programmed into the "loop" at each "cycle" - this destabilises time and allows events in the "loop" to be slightly different after each cycle.

A certain amount of "new events" allows time to be substantially differentiated in the "looped" reality.

The hypothesis is that the looped time circuit is an edifice of technology.
edit on 4-4-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join