It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists race to secure Ancient burial site of three Egyptian kings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Archaeologists race to secure ancient burial site of three Egyptian kings that will make the treasure of Tutankhamun's tomb look like a 'display in Woolworths'

An archaeology race is on to secure the ancient burial site of three Egyptian kings which contains relics that will outshine even that of Tutankhamun's, it has been claimed.

British archaeologist John Romer, 72, believes he has discovered the site where three ancient Egyptian priest kings - Herihor, Piankh and Menkheperre - were buried in Luxor, Egypt, almost 1,000 years ago. He claims the burial ground will yield such magnificent treasures that those discovered in the nearby tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings will seem like a 'display in Woolworths' in comparison.

Like a plot out of an Indiana Jones movie, experts are now racing to secure the site called Wadi el-Gharbi, located in the cliffs on Luxor's west bank, before the arrival of so-called treasure hunters and tomb-raiders.

I wish we had images already to post. If this pans out we are really in for a treat. I personally can't wait to see what if anything they'll discover. I'll update when pictures and more details become available.

As always, stay tuned

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well this appears to be an educated guess...he or she assumes there is great treasures to rival other kings however like some tombs it may be stripped...

"British archaeologist John Romer, 72, believes he has discovered the site where three ancient Egyptian priest kings - Herihor, Piankh and Menkheperre - were buried in Luxor, Egypt, almost 1,000 years ago."

edit on 30-3-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Hate to say it, brother. Beaten by an hour. Already Posted

ETA: You'll have to report yourself. I won't do it.
edit on 3032014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Cool

The ATS search feature doesnt work that well when the articles have drastically different titles...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

(If you do stop this great thread - the more the merrier imnho - can you bring your first post over, it's very informative. Thanks)

I've asked this before (actually, today too, this same post on the earlier thread), but how many years have to pass before tomb robbing is no longer considered tomb robbing? This guy sounds like a common thief that the kings and others were protecting themselves against. The only difference is time.

The last time a major tomb was opened by a tomb robber/honored archeologist I wrote a fake news article on uncyclopedia, a satire site, about an Egyptian archeologist coming to America to find and open the tomb of Martin Luther King, Jr., located in the valley of the Kings in Atlanta, Georgia.
edit on 30-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The greatest treasures will not be gold or gem stones but any records or scrolls buried with them.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

MerkabaMeditation
Already posted on ATS here.

-MM

Oh yea? Ill raise your "already posted" with and "already posted about it already being posted". See Snarls post here.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Yes, you posted it, but you haven't kept it moving along and provided new data in the thread, as Slayer does. A key to a good thread is not just posting first but staying with it and riding the thread into the hills and letting it loose on the solid gravel. But now both threads have stalled, as Slayer is gone too. Maybe both of you are catching the first flight to Egypt, shovels and pick-axes in hand. I'll be there in a few hours myself! Grave robbing is a hobby of mine (as long as I call myself an archeologist I can get away with it).

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Snarls post here.

thread closed

top topics

join