It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of Comatose Girl: Jahi is 'Blossoming into a Teen'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

That's the thing though, I feel like I basically have walked in her shoes. Granted, it was my cousin and not my son, but we were still very close. The whole situation is terribly difficult and my entire family was devastated for quite a while, still to this day even, a bit over a year later.

Everyone is different though and my life experiences have obviously been different from hers. I'm not trying to throw any judgement on this person, heck, I don't even know her.

I just know in my situation I was very proud of my cousin, and my aunt and uncle because with all the facts it seemed like it was the best decision, and probably the hardest. Then you add on the organ donor aspect and I'm very proud of how many families he helped.

My opinion is that if she were able to do this same thing, that she would feel the same way. Her daughter would be a hero to many people I'm sure.

My aunt and uncle even got an amazing letter from one of the people who received one of his organs and it saved their life. They were very touched by it. It was a beautiful letter.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Kk had to get over being lazy and make a new account so i can post and more specifically in this thread okay aside from the blantantly obvious this is difficult and sad and nobody should touch it with a fourty foot pole.... You mean to say this happened in america?? I'm not american but I believe I saw nbc, tonsillectomy and became brain dead due to "reaction".

1. Aren't these procedures common and often followed by an ice cream recovery (irony also wtf)

2. Routine procedure tonnes of people get, BRAIN DEAD due to REACTION? Do tell please can we get info on what reaction and exactly how this caused brain death.

3. How often do tonsillectomys cause brain death?
edit on 30-3-2014 by Bloodywasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

~Lucidity
where they have found the strength and resources to do this is, what they have sacrificed, or how delusional you do or do not believe them to be doesn't really matter.

Again, if this is publicly funded then the public has every right to know this. I personally would not want my money that I pay in taxes to pay for something I don't agree with. If this woman has a rich uncle who is funding this exercise in futility, more power to them. If that's the case, I could care less what they do. But if it's being paid for partially out of my pocket with money I work hard to obtain, you're damn right I'm going to be upset and I don't care what judge approves of the action.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

This is not necessarily to you or your specific posts, but everyone here probably has an life story or anecdote to share about something similar to this. But that something similar happened to you or how you or your family handled it still doesn't make it the same as this situation and probably has little bearing on this matter.

Us sitting on a forum and doing the interwebs pile-on thing and judging the family's motives or strengths or questioning the cost to taxpayers or weird comments about dead bodies and the mother's mental stability is of no use to anyone and perhaps even harmful to some. Not even the OP was written this way, but some people just can't resist the urge to turn it into that.

Just because we can opine and speculate doesn't always mean we should. I understand that the fact that this story came out, for whatever reasons, made it fair game for this kind of thing. The family was fighting for its right to choose. They won. This is an update.

Why I came into this medical issues and conspiracies thread was to perhaps see a discussion of the facts and maybe the definitions of brain death, the advances over the past decades that might changed these definitions and might further change them in future decades, the healing processes of the brain, cases where those clinically pronounced brain dead did recover, or how the medical industrial complex messed up, and so on. Not what I got.

But that's okay. I did some reading on my own and now I know more, as I'm sure the family does as well. But it seems like some people don't really want to know...they want to judge and blame and criticize and find fault and vent to express their oh-so-self-important opinions, far too often (but not always) with little fact thought, empathy, logic, or common decency.

I know this family is living through hell and probably doesn't even care what anyone here thinks or says about it, but you never know.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Peacetime

~Lucidity
where they have found the strength and resources to do this is, what they have sacrificed, or how delusional you do or do not believe them to be doesn't really matter.

Again, if this is publicly funded then the public has every right to know this. I personally would not want my money that I pay in taxes to pay for something I don't agree with. If this woman has a rich uncle who is funding this exercise in futility, more power to them. If that's the case, I could care less what they do. But if it's being paid for partially out of my pocket with money I work hard to obtain, you're damn right I'm going to be upset and I don't care what judge approves of the action.

No you don't have every right to know. And if you do or you're that worried about it, go read and investigate and find out instead of just posting what passes for popular jingoistic smack around here.

I'm sure that if it was your kid and you were looking to save her, you'd make sure the taxpayers didn't spend a penny on her because you don't agree with it. You know what? I agree with it, so lets just pretend that the $50K I paid in taxes last year went toward this (if it even did) and your taxes went to whatever you happen to agree with.

Do you even realize what the hell you are saying here? Let the poor die faster and those with rich uncles go for it? Is that it?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Terri Schiavo"s family is evidently involved in this so maybe they are helping to pay for it. She was the young lady who 'fell' and was declared brain dead. Her parents felt the husband abused her and tried to keep her alive.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

With regard to tax payer dollars, people would be astonished to know how many of those dollars could be better budgeted and are wasted. We have people going to the ER for a cold or small cut - only if tax payers are paying for it. We see people use the system improperly all the time so why single this one out (because it is receiving attention should not be a reason).

Sad story - sounds as if she may need some spiritual counseling as well as visits about why her daughter is responding somewhat. Maybe some near death literature. She will get there soon enough - allow her to be unhooked.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm still new to this site (I registered a while ago so, new as far as posting) I'm not sure how to "link" information yet...
I did some reading on the internet and discovered that the tonsillectomy is the largest performed surgery to children in the U.S. (I think that was Wikipedia)
When I was young I suffered from tonsillitis and strep throat without mercy. Our family physician , when asked by my Mother if a tonsillectomy was in order, stated that she will grow out of it and tonsils are there for a reason. Now, I'm not saying that body parts can't malfunction and cease doing what they were intended to do in the first place. Tonsils for example are part of our immune system. First line of defense so to speak. I read that over 500,000 children per year have this procedure done. That number is staggering to me. Removing one's first line of defense against infection and causing more need to take more antibiotics.
I just want to say that I have a child with a chronic medical condition, body part stopped functioning properly, and am not sure where the research money comes from but, I am very grateful that it is there and maybe someday his disease will be cured and no other child will ever have to suffer it. With that said, I work solely to provide medical insurance for the family. It is good insurance and it pays for everything with very little co-pays. I am grateful and will do Text to see that he gets the life sustaining medicine that he needs. I suppose we would never know how we would react or what we would do to "hold out hope" that someday someone would be able to "bring her back"...
My thoughts are becoming fragmented...
From what I read on CNN the little girl in question was given this procedure to aid with sleep apnea, weight loss, lack of concentration, etc. I wonder what other ,if any, medical or non medical treatments were attempted before they decided to "operate". It seems as if that is a BIG decision for what maybe could have been remedied with a sleep cpap machine or behavior modification techniques (for the concentration and I believe I read something about urination problems). Seems like a "Oh we will just operate"...that'll fix it...
Thanks for reading...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Bloodywasher
Kk had to get over being lazy and make a new account so i can post and more specifically in this thread okay aside from the blantantly obvious this is difficult and sad and nobody should touch it with a fourty foot pole.... You mean to say this happened in america?? I'm not american but I believe I saw nbc, tonsillectomy and became brain dead due to "reaction".

1. Aren't these procedures common and often followed by an ice cream recovery (irony also wtf)

2. Routine procedure tonnes of people get, BRAIN DEAD due to REACTION? Do tell please can we get info on what reaction and exactly how this caused brain death.

3. How often do tonsillectomys cause brain death?

this was not a simple taking tonsils out...this girl had severe sleep apnea....the procedures.. adenotonsillectomy, uvulopalatopharyngoplasty and submucous resection of bilateral inferior turbinates. basically they took out the tonsils and adenoids, removed some of the uvula (that thing that hangs down in the back of our mouth,and, the turbinates are the spongy bones in the sinuses, they surgically removed some of it.

for the person who asked what facility the girl is in....the facility is run by the terry schiavo family, her husband fought for years to get her life support turned off.....they knew that mom was delusional and took advantage of her in this situation.
edit on 30-3-2014 by research100 because: spelling

edit on 30-3-2014 by research100 because: added much more info

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Peacetime

~Lucidity

No you don't have every right to know. And if you do or you're that worried about it, go read and investigate and find out instead of just posting what passes for popular jingoistic smack around here.

I'm sure that if it was your kid and you were looking to save her, you'd make sure the taxpayers didn't spend a penny on her because you don't agree with it. You know what? I agree with it, so lets just pretend that the $50K I paid in taxes last year went toward this (if it even did) and your taxes went to whatever you happen to agree with.

Do you even realize what the hell you are saying here? Let the poor die faster and those with rich uncles go for it? Is that it?

No, that's not it. What does it matter if you have 1 billion dollars or 1 thousand? Brain dead is brain dead and money won't bring you back. Like it or not, money rules all in this world and that includes the medical field. I don't agree with it, I don't like it and I can't change it. If this were a situation where there is medical hope for the child then I don't mind my tax money going towards that. I'm practical, I'm not an ogre. But that's not the case here. The cold hard fact of the matter is that yes, there have been advances in the understanding of how the brain works, and that understanding can help lead to sustaining its activities in cases like this. But the key word here is sustaining not reviving. Not yet. Maybe that day will come, but until it does you can't go on living your life on a wish, and you certainly shouldn't be letting your daughter stay a vegetable because you think things will get better.

If this were my child I would read everything known to man about this so I could make an educated choice as to how to proceed. Knowing the financial ramifications of whether to pull the plug or not, how that decision would effect the rest of family and whether I feel I could live with whatever decision I made. The law would mean absolutely nothing to me at this point. This can't be an easy thing for this family to be going through and I can't personally relate so I'm not going to judge. But don't let the emotional part of this blind you from the fact that IF the taxpayers are footing the bill, they have a right to know. Why the hell wouldn't they have that right?

And the fact that the public doesn't know either way says something about the people who are withholding that information. In my opinion, this isn't a legal issue, it's a moral one and the mother is showing us that she is not living up to her moral obligation to tell the public if their money is being spent on her brain-dead daughter. That being the case, why I going to assume that the decision she is making with said daughter is morally right when she doesn't have a good track record of doing that?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

this was not a simple tonsillectomy ...adenotonsillectomy, uvulopalatopharyngoplasty and submucous resection of bilateral inferior turbinates.

basically they took out the tonsils, adenoids, uvula, and some of the spongy sinus bones, they usually enlarge the back of the throat as well.

she is in the facility run by the terri schiavo family...her husband fought them for years and finally got her life support turned off. They saw an opportunity here and told that mother what she wanted to hear......

the mom has abandoned her other children.....this whole thing is very sad....the mom need to be psychologically evaluated...
edit on 30-3-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join