It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Second Sphinx?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

[edit on 6/24/2007 by whatukno]

I would think trying to determine the age of the sphinx is a good clue for trying to determine if there was a second sphinx or not.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There is evidence that the Sphinx has been redone at least twice in it's long history. This plus the water erosion marks does lead one to believe that the Sphinx is indeed older than previously thought. What is interesting is the layout of the land to the east of the Sphinx where there is evidence of a dock.

What is also interesting is that the sphinx is in an odd location in reference to the pyramids. What makes this odd is that the Egyptians were supposedly quite accurate in the layout of these monuments. The alignment was not only accurate according to the stars but it's also quite accurate in alignment on the earth.

This leads one to conclude that the Sphinx location was not only chosen because of the location of the rock outcropping but it was also chosen for a much more intricate reason. This also leads one to conclude that a second sphinx to the north may have once existed.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
There is evidence that the Sphinx has been redone at least twice in it's long history. This plus the water erosion marks does lead one to believe that the Sphinx is indeed older than previously thought. What is interesting is the layout of the land to the east of the Sphinx where there is evidence of a dock.

What is also interesting is that the sphinx is in an odd location in reference to the pyramids. What makes this odd is that the Egyptians were supposedly quite accurate in the layout of these monuments. The alignment was not only accurate according to the stars but it's also quite accurate in alignment on the earth.

This leads one to conclude that the Sphinx location was not only chosen because of the location of the rock outcropping but it was also chosen for a much more intricate reason. This also leads one to conclude that a second sphinx to the north may have once existed.

According to my findings I belive there was a second, but facing West to the sunset. if you take the Great Pyramid and rotate it so that the sphinx faces west, keeping the Sphinx in line(same configuration) with the pyramid will show it's location.
I also belive there are 2 other monuments missing, one North and South, using the same location as the Sphinx.
Looking at aireal photo's it does seem possible if you look where the sphinx overlays the North you see a small platform, and to the south seems too have a half Octogon shape that would surround the South monument.

Any other ideas on this?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
yes
how strong do you have to be to rotate the great pyramid
is it already on castors or would I need to utilise some type of heavy lifting machinery ?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
yes
is it already on castors or would I need to utilise some type of heavy lifting machinery ?

Use Techenology... take an airial photo and crop the image of the Sphinx with the Great Pyramid, the rotate the croping.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
that would put the sphinx to the northwest of the great pyramid and completely off the plateau

lol
so thats a complete non starter isn't it
this technology you speak of
did you use it yourself ?

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Not strong at all, after all it's sitting on sand.
and it's well documented that the great pyramid is sitting on a lazy suzan.

No seriously that makes a little sense (in a kinda strange sort of way). If you were able to rotate the pyramid (ok this is a stretch) and you would line up the points to where the sphinx is pointing away from one of the points a second sphinx could be placed facing west as the sun would set.

The sphinx is called Horus in the Horizon. So what would a sphinx be named if it was the one heralding the sunset?

I kinda see where you are going with this and I believe that the area that it would be in has probably not been excavated or investigated thoroughly yet. So you might be right.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
no its actually built directly onto the bedrock
so it would probably be just as feasible to rotate the plateau itself
no scratch that
lets rotate the entire African continent
it is after all the only thing in that area not firmly fixed onto the rock

The sphinx is called Horus in the Horizon. So what would a sphinx be named if it was the one heralding the sunset?

sounds like you've been reading Bauval and Hancock
don't do that
the only known Egyptian name for the Sphinx is Kheperi - Re - Atum which is on the sphinx stele
Sphinx is a greek name and means "strangler"
Kheperi was the god of the rising sun
Atum was the god of the setting sun,
Re was the Sun God
so hes just a symbol of the sun and nothing to do with the horizon
so as hes already named after the rising and setting suns you wouldn't need to rename him at all
the two lions on the akhet symbol are known as "yesterday" and "tomorrow"

so you could call the sphinx "tomorrow" if you like and one facing west "yesterday". I doubt any Egyptologists would disagree with those names as much as they would that there was ever a second Sphinx at the site
iirc in 1921 Flinders Petrie went looking for the second sphinx and couldn't find any sign of it at all, Since then its been regarded as a waste of time speculating about it. If there was one its now gone, if there wasn't one its not there
so whats the point talking about it

the only Horizon link on the Plateau is the name of the great pyramid which was known as Khnum-khufu Akhet (Horizon of Khufu protects me) by Egyptians. though Khnum was also identified with Ra so it could be rendered as the "sun on the Horizon protects me".

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
No rotate the Great Pyramid, keeping the pyramid in its same position(rotate at the top point of the pyramid) these ponits i point out also line up with lang/lat ponits as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
its off the plateau if you do that spacebits
so it doesnt work
the great pyramid sits at the northern edge of the plateau
If I was you I'd change your idea to mirroring the Sphinx along the line of the centre of Khafres pyramid so that the sphinx sites directly on the opposite side of Khafres pyramid

are you possibly thinking that the great pyramid is the middle of the three
it isn't

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

its off the plateau if you do that spacebits
so it doesnt work
the great pyramid sits at the northern edge of the plateau
If I was you I'd change your idea to mirroring the Sphinx along the line of the centre of Khafres pyramid so that the sphinx sites directly on the opposite side of Khafres pyramid

are you possibly thinking that the great pyramid is the middle of the three
it isn't

Your so right I did think the middle one was... lol omg.. sorry
yes rotat the center pyramid.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
ok so you mean like this ?

this still goes against every depiction of a double sphinx known where they are always shown facing each other
and it still doesn't work because in this case the second sphinx is off the rear of the plateau
basically the structures built on the plateau utilise every spare piece of flat ground there is.
so if your projected second sphinx doesnt fall within the existing structures its just not going to fit. the last pyramid built (Menkaures) is practically hanging off the eastern edge because there was no room for it anywhere else

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yes.
If you notice on the tablet infront of the Sphinx they are faceing away from each other, and there are other depictions on 2 sphinx back to back with the sun directly abouve and to the center. placing the sun directly inline with the center pyramid.

edit to add this pic.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by SpaceBits]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
thats linguistically
I mean architecturally
like this

Thutmose IV who the Dream Stele is dedicated by lived more than a thousand years after the Giza pyramids were built (and thats if you're using the orthodox belief and not the pseudohistoric one. If youre using the pseudohistopric one the he lived 10,000 years after the construction of the pyramids
)
so if it was the case that one of the Sphinx had been dismantled to make room for a pyramid he would never have known about it
so wether the steles depiction of a second sphinx is accurate or not is a moot point

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Call me crazy but, I think it makes sence that the Sphinx and Pyramids were built arround 10,000 years ago. One sphinx faceing east for the sunrise, the sphinx facing west for the sunset. I also think the pyramids were incased in a gold flaking with symbols on them, also i think the water surounded the pyramids up to the ankles so that when walking arround the area you didnt soil the land. I also think the Egyptions came to this land as the water started to reseed to the Nile, also i think they destroyed the west faceing sphinx, since they worshiped the sun and the west facing sphinx ment darkness, so they distroyed it in hopes darkness would not come again.
And to balance out the center pyramid i also bealive there was 2 other monuments one in the north and one in the south, all just sitting outside the 3 pyramids, and they rest on Long/Lat points.

Niether sphinx(s) were in the way of the pyramids nor would the monuments at north and south(if there were any). not if you placed the pyramid in its right position when you rotate it.

spelling error

[edit on 25-6-2007 by SpaceBits]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits
Call me crazy

ok
you're crazy

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The question is not how they built the pyramids but why?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bob04656

When the goverment employs so many of its population, it has to come up with big public works projects to keep them occupied, either that or go to war. War is one of the most common ways to keep the economy running, as proven by current world events. Otherwise, you build roads and big buildings.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Of course, Egyptians did use their tools, on their site, carved their symbols, during their time and did whatever they wanted with something that was already there.

Of course there is underground vault below holding many secrets we shouldn’t know and that’s why we don’t even know that the vault exists.

Yeah, there could have been two Lions before…

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join