It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Brandt's Earthquake Dream - Your thoughts and opinions? Is it likely? Is it coming or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hey. I know there have probably been lots of threads already on this topic, but I'm particularly interested in hearing people's opinions on the likelihood of this sort of a quake hitting cali in the near future, given all the recent earthquake swarms, and sulphur smell a while ago and so on. What do people think? Is all normal in cali? Is the big one on its way? If so, how big will it be and when is it likely to hit? Or is this all just in the normal run of things?

I'm also interested in discussing other parts of his dream. In the dream I think he refers to the whole of Japan sinking into the sea, but this aspect is rarely mentioned or discussed. Japan does sit on the intersection of about four (I think) different continental plates- which is never a great thing...; and the locals describe it as like living on top of a giant catfish that occasionally threshes its tail. I was in Osaka not long ago in a hotel, and felt everything move like a water bed, but it was v small quake and they do build things v quake proof over there....

He also says the quake has huge ramifications around the world, generating tidal waves etc. Which are likely to be the safe areas, if it does hit? Does anyone have more information on his prophecy? (I have heard maybe Sydney could be at risk of a tidal wave? I was wondering about the North Eastern Coast of Australia - will it be safe or not? What do ppl think?)

In his dream he also says in the UK there will be massive flooding. (This is already happening by all accounts from all the storms they've been getting.)

Significant points mentioned in his dream :

*the quake is in EARLY SPRING (northern hemisphere)
*it is very QUIET on the day of the quake - no birds
* there is a SULFUR smell everywhere. (there have already been strange sulphur smells around LA quite recently).
*it doesn't feel like the big one when it hits - it feels like a gentle roll or shake - 'almost nothing at all' he describes it
*the women have v short skirts and there are v small cars (like bubble cars) - this seems to date the dream to around our timeframe in history - which is interesting cuz he had the dream long before women were wearing short skirts and long before mini cars....

So, is it just paranoia? Is it possible?

What do people think? (Especially in light of the recent shaking in LA that made the news stations - and query: why did such a small quake over there make the international news when they have them all the time? Just wondering?)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
And here I thought you would include this dream
I'm not psychic so I have no idea what I think of his dream, if I can't peruse it.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Btw , girls started wearing mini skirts in the 1960's. How young are you?

I looked it up and this prophecy has been around my entire life. It's predicted in Vancouver Canada as well. The entire west coast has these warnings or predictions. "California will break off" and "Vancouver island will sink or slide under the main plate".. We are due to have a big one. Some scientists say overdue. It will happen. Nobody knows when or where. His prediction has about a 30% chance of happening because of the region being in the ring of fire. It's inevitable.
edit on 30-3-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

violet
Btw , girls started wearing mini skirts in the 1960's. How young are you?

It's interesting that the "dream" was first published in 1966 and lay unknown in a stack of papers which was supposed to have been given to the author. By the mid 60's mini skirts were around, so were VW beetles, and guys with long hair and beards and beads etc plus other hippie clothes were not that unusual in that time frame. And the LA "spaghetti bowl" of freeways was well developed by then.

In addition, the famous predictions by Cayce of portions of CA disappearing into the ocean -- after Japan slides into the sea -- were well known and common paperback reading material by the mid-60's. I don't know for sure, but Cayce made his readings of world-wide earth changes public in the 30's or 40's, maybe even earlier. Plus for Cayce, there is an excellent record of the "readings" as all were recoded as were the many thousands of others he made. The first book I know about regarding his life ("There Is A River") was published in 1942.

Given the period specific details consistent with the date of publication, you have to wonder if the "dream" was updated a little when first published. It would be interesting to know if there was good evidence the original dream was published verbatim and that the paper and ink (or pencil) could be shown to have been consistent with documents written in the mid or late 1930's. Have photo copies of the original hand-written document ever been released?

Just curious, I've never heard of this guy before.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
ah, apologies. I thought most posters on here would already know all about it.

If you do a quick google search for "joe brandt earthquake dream" or search in youtube you'll find lots of info on his prediction, it's quite famous. There's a few youtube vids on it too.

the guy had a bad fall I think off a horse and wound up in hospital with a head injury. The "dream" or vision happened while he was in hospital.

yes I do know women started wearing mini skirts in the 60s. I'm not sure if the dream predates this, for some reason I thought it did, will have to check. But in his dream he remarked on the short skirts of women as if it was unusual/bizarre to him. Also I don't think he was describing beetle cars as he described the cars as if they were unusual to him as well. he did not think he was seeing something from his own era, going on his descriptions.

if you haven't heard of this guy or his dream I recommend you look it up, it is really quite eerie. Made an impression on me, unlike most predictions. will try to post a link in a min.

also he wrote down tonnes of geographical and seismic info in great detail about the area he saw that he couldn't possibly have known about. it was checked apparently by a scientist and found to be quite credible in its descriptions.

it is interesting that Cayce described the same thing I take it? I hadn't heard of the Cayce version.

There's probably a lot of previous threads about it too if you want to do an ATS search for more info- I haven't done one, just assuming.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
ah yes, I thought so. The dream happened in the 1930s. So before miniskirts or beetles. that's why he was so surprised.

link coming....link

here's a link to a youtube version of the dream. but you can dig for more info if interested...

I read a written version of it, and I think there are a lot of details left out of most published versions, for example all the geological data he wrote down...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I have included a link below to a youtube video version of the dream if you want to view that. it gives most of the info.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I am not that young, and was aware mini skirts came out in the 60s, however he had the actual dream in the 1930s when he was a teenager, well before miniskirts and beetles. he told his family about it in the 60s. and they didn't read all the papers he had written about it until some time after he told them about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

I don't know if the original docs he wrote are available for inspection, but he did have the dream he says in the 30s around the time of Cayce's visions (which I hadn't heard of before).

I find it particularly interesting because of his head injury at the time he had the dream...to me that gives it some possible credibility...

I think it doubtful he copied it off Cayce's predictions but I guess people will have to make their own minds up.

I'm more interested in whether people think that the general predictions are gonna come true or not (rather than who said what first etc)....

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

yes, I tend to agree. I just feel like something is building for the west coast of usa. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think even the American Indians have predictions about it as well.

also I did another thread on this a while back, when I was told about a massive earthquake swarm off the coast of cali by some contacts in the petroleum industry who had been monitoring the situation. apparently they found it unusual and were alarmed by it. (usually these guys don't get too excited very easily about quakes and stuff, but this made it down the petroleum engineer's grapevine pretty fast so it seemed...)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Every time LA shakes this happens.

The Big Quake will happen. It's just a matter of when.

For those of you out there when it does, good luck and God speed.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Short skirts and bubble cars. Should have happened in the seventies.

gaywheels.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
How hard is it to predict an earthquake in California ? Really how hard ?

I predict a 6.5 in southern California for Thursday April 3 2014 at 4:15 pm. Centered near Malibu.
I have a real good chance of being right given the history of the region. If it doesn't happen I'll just change the date. Someday I'll be right.

edit on PMu31u0331316312014-03-30T13:16:46-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The San Andres fault is only capable of around a 7.0 There is no guarantee a big one will ever hit california. It could just keep releasing pressure a little at a time. Like its been doing.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Indians don't have any more information about the future than I do. Why is someone who's ancestors wore feathers in their hair more credible than someone who wore feathers in their caps.?
Why are native Americans thought to be more psychic than the Europeans?
Why is the native american population living below the poverty line. Why is there more violence among those people than other segments of society. Why are most of them still living on reservations ? Why didn't they see these deplorable conditions coming and do something?

It really doesn't make any more sense to believe the predictions of the native Americans than any other group. Why would you think they know something?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

The San Francisco Quake disagrees with you. It was in the high 7s to low 8s in magnitude according to most sources I've seen. Those are estimates, but they are all closer to the high side than they are to 7.0.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by ketsuko

The San Andres fault is only capable of around a 7.0 There is no guarantee a big one will ever hit california. It could just keep releasing pressure a little at a time. Like its been doing.

Where are you getting this information? The 1906 quake could have been an 8 or larger and even a 7.0 can cause a great deal of damage if it rocks the earth long enough. Just because we haven't recorded an 8, 9, or 10 doesn't mean they can't happen - especially with that fault. I don't believe anyone can say it isn't capable of more.

OP
I've heard of this guys' dream before. It sounds a lot like Cayce's but I can't envision a "v" shaped car and don't know how a v shape looks like a bubble so will need to explore that a bit more. In the EQ thread some of our experts are tracking trends, and we are setting a record currently for time between 7.0 and larger quakes (too quiet). Does that mean it will be bigger when a larger one hits "wherever" or does it mean something else. Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Are you talking about the one in 89? That was a 6.9. All experts agree with the magnitude limit for San Andres. I'm not making stuff up here.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on PM000000310000000331304312014-03-30T14:04:25-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

That was the loam prieta quake - I was living in Santa Cruz when it happened and for not being very strong there was a good deal of ground rolling and destabilization. It was an odd quake in that it snapped the upper bay bridge and took down one side of a persons house while leaving all in place on the other. Earthquakes are weird in that way. I don't see, however, where experts all agree in that link that it can't get worse than this. No one can know that.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Ok 8. But experts have said and I've read it that it's not capable of a large quake. Now cascadia is a different story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join