It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Sewers To Cities! What can the Masons teach us now about rebuilding after global SHTF?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hello

There are many Masons on ATS and I was wondering if they could help the rest of us rebuild after SHTF?

They are a valuable repository of masonic construction techniques handed down over 1000's of years and we would be psychotically insane to ignore that fact, so I just had to ask ok!

Now I wanted to be an architect once upon a time and so I know that it is the FOUNDATIONS that are the most important and therefor the underground world of SEWERS and CISTERNS is where we must start!

Can any Masons on ATS help the rest of us get a handle on how to design and build a sewer/cistern system for a small village post-SHTF?

Example: How do I pick a suitable site?

How do construct surveying tools and what tools do I need?

How would I go about constructing Vitrified clay pipe and what dimensions would be best to aim for?

etc. [there are a million questions that can be asked and answered ok]

Dear ATS Masons .. this is your chance to shine a revealing light and illuminate us from our darkest shadows, will you teach us how to rebuild?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You speak of operative masons and not speculative

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

The speculative Masons have just as much to contribute as the operative Masons, if they so chose, as they can teach how to manage groups of workmen and rebuild society!

They can also show us how to embed the sacred things in everyday life!

All are welcome to contribute!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You obviously have no idea what Freemasonry is about.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

It doesn't matter what ideas I hold about the masons ... what counts is I thought they may be able to help!

If the Freemasons on ATS feel they can not contribute to this thread ... then they don't have to!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
LMFAO

this thread reminds me of something i posted here once...
linky
keep in mind what i'm saying there is analogous to what you're saying here..
note the entire lack of interest

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

Indeed!

They haven't even suggested I try using the two main basic tools in their symbols ... the Square and Compasses!

Therefor I concur ... they are snobs!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I know very little about the Free Masons except I feel pretty certain that you don't need masonry skills to get in. I don' t think stone working, brick laying and such is any kind of requirement. What you what is an engineer I think.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ZonedOut

Speculative masons do not build buildings. they come from all walks of life. While there may be a builder or bricklayer in the lodge, it's more likely that there will be electricians, plumbers, real estate salesmen, auto body guys, you get the idea. Operative masons are bricklayers and engineers.

You should look into what freemasonry is.

www.indianafreemasons.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

So you're telling me that you guys lost all that information ... the very stuff your organizations very name, the rituals and symbols are based upon!

That is a shocking revelation and extreme sign of decay!

Words without Deeds are pretty hollow ... just saying! And throwing money at problems doesn't fix the underlying cause ... you jokers and clowns have yourselves fooled!

I am sorry to have disturbed your fanciful fun and games ... I really truly thought of all people you guys would be the bearers of that kind of basic stuff ... thanks for snuffing out the lights on this thread!

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

edit on 30-3-2014 by ZonedOut because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Here are a few short youtube videos of what Benjamin Franklin thought of Freemasonry.
It should give you an idea of what we are about.

Benjamin Franklin discusses Freemasonry's legacy in America.

A Time For Men - Maryland Freemasons

What Is Freemasonry?

A Timely Chat With America

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

ever seen an old disney cartoon called "donald duck in math-a-magic land" ??
or watch this video presentation i made once..
linky

So you're telling me that you guys lost all that information..

here's something i posted here at ATS about 15 minutes ago in another topic..

to this end i've been working on a painting called 'the mousons'
...with little garden variety critters all convening in a broken old rusty kettle nestled in an overgrown back yard, with old string and bits & pieces of various junk they've collected from a bygone culture that is not their own, and have not the faintest idea of what any of it might be about..

...Benjamin Franklin...

is that the same benjamin who was a member of the hellfire club and years later it was discovered there were bodies of children buried under his house?

edit on 30-3-2014 by UNIT76 because: memory is a crazy lady who hoards colored string and discards perfectly edible food

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Well, I tried to explain it to you.

You would be best to get your information from freemasonrywatch.com.
That's a bit more your speed.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Measure of a Man: Tools of the trade ... [Note: external quotes are my transcriptions of parts of the 2nd video linked which I found valuable in regards to social engineering. The links i provide within the quotes are my personal additions not included in the actual video.]

The Square, providing direction, helps us to square our actions by the square of virtue (there are several types), because virtue is the stone used to build the man and his temple. Virtue is the cement that binds our relationships and it is by our virtue that we are measured.

The Compasses are the tools of our conscience. We learn by the Compasses to circumscribe our desires and keep our passions (again there are several types) within due bounds, with all mankind. The Compasses create a circle, the precise circumference required to keep tradition and revelation, principle and creativity in balance.

And an OPEN Book of Lore listing the various specific Virtues [to be sought] and Passions [to be avoided] that are commonly agreed upon by those who seek sharing such community ideology.

These ^^^ Tools are useful to the premise of this thread! I can rebuild entire communities with such a foundational structure to begin with!

This is exactly what I was asking for!

Thank You!

edit on 30-3-2014 by ZonedOut because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

...rebuild an entire community...

that's (also) why that evil character in the BOOK OF ELI movie was constantly searching for a copy of the bible

it should be obvious to people now why this kind of 'info' is not readily shared or even made available
edit on 30-3-2014 by UNIT76 because: sometimes these things need to be said..

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You can always count on a fraternity that give more opportunity to it's members, to give opportunities to the whole wide world!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
I know very little about the Free Masons except I feel pretty certain that you don't need masonry skills to get in. I don' t think stone working, brick laying and such is any kind of requirement. What you what is an engineer I think.

You are absolutely correct. One does not need to know a darn thing about bricks and stones to become a Mason. Nothing. Nada. Niet.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
What you what is an engineer I think.

Like the man that drives the Choo Choo?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
As a plumber, I would be able to provide the skill and knowledge necessary to design, build, and maintain good working domestic water piping as well as sanitary sewer systems from many different materials. Obviously, the dimensions of the pipes would be determined by the amount of water or waste that needs to flow through it. Each situation would need to designed accordingly Others in my lodge would be of great assistance as well. We have electricians, engineers, teachers, carpenters, and many other skilled tradesmen. I would mention the lawyers, but in a SHTF situation, I don't know what services they could provide that would be of any practical use.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: borracho
I would mention the lawyers, but in a SHTF situation, I don't know what services they could provide that would be of any practical use.

Bearers of burden. (Somebody has to carry the supplies)

BTW, where did you find a good man who was also a lawyer?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join