It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Police Arrest 42 over $642K in Alleged Welfare Fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sheriffs in Onondaga County New York have arrested no less than 42 people for welfare fraud.

The top thief allegedly got more than $71,000 and the low ender got something like $5,500.

Raids were carried out by a joint taskforce of State Police, Department of Social Services, and the state District Attorney's office as well as County Officers and some cities' police.

Big money down the drain and tack on all the costs associated with investigations, warrants, Grand Juries, arrests, courts, legal fees etc.etc.

Despicable. My Gawd !!!

On March 28, Onondaga County New York Sheriffs announced the arrests of 42 people accused of defrauding the state of some $624,000 in welfare benefits.

Syracuse resident Sharena Taylor stands accused of stealing the greatest amount, $71,441.01. Two others are accused of stealing more than $30,000 and four more are said to have taken over $20,000 each. 42 people in all were arrested.

"There are few frauds more egregious than people who apply for and use public assistance benefits when they are not eligible," District Attorney William Fitzpatrick told the media. "They are not only stealing from tax paying citizens, they hurt those who truly need public assistance."

The names of the "42" are listed....

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Your tax dollars well spent, eh?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That's a good start. They need to do this all over as far as I am concerned. Nothing pisses folks off quite as much as having to work like a dog to make ends meet while a bunch of lazy bastar..... people sleep all day and get paid better for it.
edit on 3/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I wonder if "Sharena" feels any remorse at all. You see that's the ticket. If people feel shame for what they've done, society has a chance of improvement. If they giggle about it inside and can't wait to get back out there and not get caught next time ... it's time for the heavy hand of fear.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

xuenchen
Sheriffs in Onondaga County New York have arrested no less than 42 people for welfare fraud.

The top thief allegedly got more than $71,000 and the low ender got something like $5,500.

Raids were carried out by a joint taskforce of State Police, Department of Social Services, and the state District Attorney's office as well as County Officers and some cities' police.

Big money down the drain and tack on all the costs associated with investigations, warrants, Grand Juries, arrests, courts, legal fees etc.etc.

Despicable. My Gawd !!!

On March 28, Onondaga County New York Sheriffs announced the arrests of 42 people accused of defrauding the state of some $624,000 in welfare benefits.

Syracuse resident Sharena Taylor stands accused of stealing the greatest amount, $71,441.01. Two others are accused of stealing more than $30,000 and four more are said to have taken over $20,000 each. 42 people in all were arrested.

"There are few frauds more egregious than people who apply for and use public assistance benefits when they are not eligible," District Attorney William Fitzpatrick told the media. "They are not only stealing from tax paying citizens, they hurt those who truly need public assistance."

The names of the "42" are listed....

This reflects the mindset that has been bred into the public consciousness by TPTB through their education partners in the media. the message being that welfare for individuals is wrong and to more than entitled is even more wrong.

Readers need to understand that the amount of money paid out in welfare in the same if not more than in the past but it is just being moved away from small time nobody's to big time somebody's and the corporate sector. There are many on this forum who believe that corporate welfare does not exist or happen simply because they do not know about it. This is because the TPTB media partners have withheld this information from the public.

Such readers should ask themselves why is this transgression of the rules being so heavily publicized and prosecuted and will undoubtedly be heavily punished when the amount of money shelled out in corporate welfare and undiscussible subject in the mainstream media?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
That's a good start. They need to do this all over as far as I am concerned. Nothing pisses folks off quite as much as having to work like a dog to make ends meet while a bunch of lazy bastar..... people sleep all day and get paid better for it.

Are we talking about politicians here?

With things being handled by computers now days, I think it will become a lot easier to track every single cent people bring in, and spend.
We'll probably be seeing a lot more of this in the future.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

nugget1

Kangaruex4Ewe

Are we talking about politicians here?

With things being handled by computers now days, I think it will become a lot easier to track every single cent people bring in, and spend.
We'll probably be seeing a lot more of this in the future.

We are talking about ANYBODY that is ripping off the system. Politicians, the Pope... whoever. I am an equal opportunity welfare stealing hater.

I hope we do see a lot more of it. I don't mind anybody getting help when they need it, but I despise those that take it when they don't need it. There would be more a lot more help available to those that are truly in need if they could cut down on even a minute portion of this occurring.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That's probably a drop in the hat considering how much welfare fraud there is in the entire United States. Kudos for New York for trying to stop the welfare abuse. Maybe our government representatives should take notice.
edit on 29-3-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
how about going after the millions of ILLEGALS?

that is HUGE welfare fraud! they get welfare and aren't even here LEGALLY

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

HanzHenry
how about going after the millions of ILLEGALS?

that is HUGE welfare fraud! they get welfare and aren't even here LEGALLY

Touche, well said sir.

Unfortunately, there are too many bleeding heart liberals around to ever see that come to fruition.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What about the TRILLIONS in corporate welfare fraud?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE

what trillions?

or is it quadrillions ?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't know about the US, but here in Canada we have a 1-800 anonymous "tips" line that you can call to report anyone you know of who's frauding the welfare system.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

CranialSponge
I don't know about the US, but here in Canada we have a 1-800 anonymous "tips" line that you can call to report anyone you know of who's frauding the welfare system.

Good Point.

The hotlines are all over the place.

Federal, State, and Local.

google " welfare fraud hotlines "

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

WeRpeons
That's probably a drop in the hat considering how much welfare fraud there is in the entire United States. Kudos for New York for trying to stop the welfare abuse. Maybe our government representatives should take notice.

Our politicians?? They probably lifted an eyebrow, yawned and went back to sleep. They were no doubt thinking something along the lines of "Stupid peons and their dog-n-pony show distraction".

We *are* talking about a gangster government that is colluding with the central banksters and Wall Street to loot everything of value in this country. The theft of this nation is in the trillions. The US theft of foreign lands (in collusion with the world bank, IMF and UN) is no doubt in the trillions too. The destruction of the middle class is happening right in front of our eyes.

Our government "representatives" are leading the charge to steal everything that's not bolted down.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

HUMBLEONE

c'mon....really?....the wealthy and corporate are not arrested and put in jail for scamming money from the government....they are fined, if they are caught....geez, let's get our priorities straight....the wealthy simply don't do jail time, it's beneath the dignity of American capitalism

new topics

top topics

join