It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the talks go anywhere????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The talks between Abbas and Sharon start tomorrow and knowing the trends of political scandalism in Israel these past two decades, one must expect that more so-called Palestinian violence will ruin all hopes for peace once again. Only the reasons all hopes for talks will disappear is because of the hard-headed instance of Sharon to back down, knowing that he is just playing head games with the Palestinian people.

Hamas has the Palestinian people is disarray. They are totally lost peoples, with lost dreams and lost brothers, sister, mothers and daughters. All the suffering in Palestine can be attributed to all the people who know Palestine and think Palestine.

Hamas thinks Palestine, but only in certain terms. They only see Palestine as all of the State of Israel, while others in Palestine see something else. We know that Hamas wants to destroy Israel. Therefore we can expect that Israel will not be in peace until either, Israel is destroyed, or if Hamas is destroyed. Until then war will rage.

Considering this, let us examine the situation now.

We have the State of Israel intact and living well compared to many States. We have Hamas living well and intact compared to most rebel groups. Hamas has vowed to destroy Israel. Therefore, any attempt by the Palestinian to make peace with the Israeli, is going to be met with resistance from the Hamas Order. Considering that Hamas and Israel are still intact we must consider that these peace talks will fail unless someone is destroyed real soon. My point and query is this:

Will the terror strike once again be to the effect that it will cause the Israelis to give up on the peace accords???

Or will the Israeli politicans and military leaders hold their foots tight and keep calm???

My opinion is this:

Nothing will be different than before, and the terror will have just that cause, and it will once again keep the never-ending cycle of political scandalism in motion.

Opinions...................

[Edited on 25-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   
A-V, you have me stumped on this one!

Don't know much about the situation, but your post has got my attention!

You say that the talks start tomorrow? Who, if any, are the neutral party? ie...UN?

I know that Palastine has had a rough history with it's neighbours.....if the talks fail...will war be iminent again?

I just don't understand why they can just sit down and work out the diffrence's?

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
the talks are being held by Israeli's and Palestinians for the first time in many years. The point of my whole post was held within your last statement.

That statement goes as follows:

"I know that Palastine has had a rough history with it's neighbours.....if the talks fail...will war be iminent again?

I just don't understand why they can just sit down and work out the diffrence's?
"

Exactly, Gryffen exactly. What will happen???

We know that Hamas will not allow the peace accords to occur because the purposes and goals of Hamas are undermined. So my question to everyone is this:

Will the never ending and enevitable violence once again cause the Israeli leadership to back down from the peace initutive???

I want to hear peoples opinions on that. Yet I am open to discussion about what ever you might want to include.

Abraham

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If they do talk; it's very hard to see what can be resolved: Israel will not go back to pre-1967 and the Palestinians wish some restoration of older boundaries.

This is on record: "Palestinian Cabinet Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo said he feared the vote.. just a ploy... vague acceptance of.... road map.... Israeli reservations ... proves once again that the Israeli government will place obstacles and conditions in the way of implementation,''

Whether or not he's correct strikes me as less important than the fact he said it.

And, of course the Israeli Cabbinet has not accepted the "road map" per se: just certain features of it.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I doubt it, they may talk for awhile, but it will just drivel back to bloody conflict and more war. Its thier history, history repeats. I would love to be proven wrong in this matter...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
As I understand it -assuming it's not cancelled - it will be the Palestinians and Israel, Egyptians hosting ,and the US in the middle.
Sharon is -presumably -rather more concerned about Likud than anything that may or may not happen here but from the reservations and weasel-words so far it does like like another piece of hot air/propaganda and, as ever, one's only fear is that a convenient "terrorist incident" will occur -slaughtering innocents and appearing to derail what was arguably never on the rails.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If only the Palestinians would unite and fight Hamas themselves - the people want peace but Hamas wants destruction. If the Palestinians would fight against Hamas then Israel and Palestine would be joined.

If only the Israelis would give in and give the Palestinians what they want, then the two could work together for peace (against Hamas).

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
If only the Palestinians would unite and fight Hamas themselves - the people want peace but Hamas wants destruction. If the Palestinians would fight against Hamas then Israel and Palestine would be joined.

If only the Israelis would give in and give the Palestinians what they want, then the two could work together for peace (against Hamas).

Unfortonately Hamas is not the only wrong doer in this situation. There are several murderous factions that hold the same beliefs. Like all factions, they all have different ideals, methods, means, and standards to up hold by. So the only thing that makes Hamas all that more dangerous is it's goals, and it ruthless rules. They kill drug dealers and call girls on site. Why???

Because they are trying to clean up Palestine. They want to wash the people in their own sin. They want the people to walk the way they walk. They defy Allah, and they defy the will of his people. For they, Hamas, have turned aganist there own.

You are right, the people should turn on Hamas. But many look at Hamas with great pride. Children in Palestine follow them around and ask them questions all day long. They are men who keep the hated Israeli armies in line. Then are the only men that the children know that are willing to kill their oppressors. The Palestinian children hate Jews. Not all, but many. For many have suffered under the rule and arm of Jewish statesmenship. Many children only know what they are told, for all children are ignorant and must be told.

Therefore, all the children know is the extent of their people's history. That history is filled with Religious segregational hatred and bigotry, in a land that was split by foreign armies for several centuries, and until this day. The history of the Palestinian people is undetermined. For many dispute the simple notion of the term, "Palestinian", and the same goes for the term, "Jew".

In my opinion neither term exists, and is only really ment to be one. The Zionists. That is the best term for the Palestinian and Jewish peoples. Yet that is also quite a twisted pun. For anything termed Zionist these days is seen as evil among Arabs. Yet that shouldn't be so, and is only true because of vast conspiracy, but that is another story that cannot be foretold as of this moment, for it would destroy the meaning of this post.

Which is this:

The people held in the grips of this war, want out. Many want to be free of this war, but only know of one way to be free, and that is to flee. If they flee, than they leave the ones they loved and know. The only ones they know, their people. They would abandon their people, in order to be free. Yet would that set them free???

No.

That would only imprison their conscious. The men, women and children want to give birth to Palestine. They see that as their destiny. The destiny of Palestine is to be free. They, the Palestinian people know that they are responsible for the birth of such freedom. They know that to leave this land is not to be free. The freedom will come when Palestine is free, and happy.

They try to make themselves happy. They often wonder, "What does it take??"

They often wonder, "What can we do??"

Being free is hard to be. Especially when you are not free to be. For it seems that the Palestinian is not allowed to be a Palestinian. Not in Israel. Not in any place where the Jew walk upon their land. For they, the Palestinians see the Jews as an invader race. They see them as oppressors. For these invaders have taken away the Palestinians' land. They, the oppressors, have taken away what is holy and sacred to them, them the Palestinians.

The Palestinian is taught this and is taught to hate it. They know that the virtue of Allah's word is held within the limits of their potentail beings. They understand that it is Allahs' will to do with them, the Palestinians, as he wants. For they are his people. And the people of Palestine love Allah, and know, nor want to know anything but Allah.

Therefore, the mass murders of Islamic Jihad, Al Aksa, and Hamas see to it that the religion is used as a banner. Islamic Jihad especially. For it is the Jihad Group that is the religious zealots. Hamas is not. Yet Hamas is radically political and ruthless, and they will use any means they can to achieve their goals. Including brainwashing and religious propaganda.

Hamas often finds lonely, angry, and depressed men and women who have nothing but sorrow in their lives and dreams in their hearts, and they, the Hamas Organization, use these hopeless minds, and turn them into hopeful, and hateful warroirs of terror. They make them see that a dream is still possible.

A dream to become a 'hero', and be a 'savior' to one's people. Hamas turns the hopeless and wishful, into heartless and unforgiving haters. Then again, that isn't too hard to do to someone who is so desolate and hopeless.

For it is well known that those that are depressed, often grow tendacies to hate themselves. All Hamas has to do, is to show these depressed that it is not their fault for their own depression, (which is often quite easy to do with the thoughtless and escapist minds of today.) and turn that fault into someone else's and teach them to hate it.

Which considering the definate targets of Hamas and it's mind-controlled pawns being the Israeli state, it is often not too much of a task to turn this hate into a so-called 'viable exuse' for the murderous rage, of these so-called 'warriors'.

Therefore, we come to the conclusion that Hamas isn't the only enemy. There is the ignorance and hatred breeded by religious bigotry and clannism that has enslaved the will of peace among the Zionist people. The people that isn't on calling themselves, Israelis and Palestinians, Jews, and Arabs.

Abraham

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   
And it's apparently canceled: Estradamus rules, OK.

top topics

join