It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin 'Wants to Regain Finland' Says Close Adviser

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IamTheManWithThePlan

So, it was decided by the most democratic tool there is...

Right. How do you think a referendum to end slavery in the south would have gone?
Direct democracy is not necessarily democratic.

That's what the UN vote was about.
edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by IamTheManWithThePlan

Right. How do you think a referendum to end slavery in the south would have gone?
Direct democracy is not necessarily democratic.

That's what the UN vote was about.
edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

He must be taking about the 123% of Crimean's that voted?

Democratic sure, legit? Noooooooo

But totally expected when Russian troops based in Crimea and Russia's living in Russia are aloud to vote

edit on 29-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Nikola014
reply to post by Foucalt

Just to be clear, I am not a Russian. I'm just a man who had the first hand experience in dealing with a west bringing democracy to his country. During that, I've lost half of my family. Thousands more.

You must be either young or naive to think that "revolutions" just happens. It's just people raising up against their governments. Well I'm sorry that I have to break that bubble for you. It's never the case. EVER. Every time a revolution breaks free, there is always a powerful country behind it. And I'm not talking about a minor riots.

Fair enough

But I think your story is BS and require proof

Secondly

Could you tell me by what means the US brainwashed millions of Ukrainians to side with the EU to which the US is not apart of? I'm just dying to know how it's possible and for what reasons?

You just sound like a Putin lover in disguise with a sob story to me

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Nonsense. The Orange Revolution, The Arab Spring, the most recent protests in Kiev, the riots in Venezuela etc. have not been orchestrated by Western powers. This is a Russian fantasy, which stems from antiquated Cold War paranoia and a general disdain for the West. In each of those cases (save portions of the Arab Spring), and the countless others that Russia has accused the West of catalyzing, the protesters have had very legitimate reasons to be in outrage with their government. If it just so happens that these events result in Moscow's sphere of influence diminishing even more while Washington's expands, then that's just geopolitics at work, not a conspiracy.
Russia tends to conflate the fact that the United States and co. are usually happy to see these self-serving regimes thrown out of power, with the notion that Washington is then therefore causing these revolutions. Poor logic, another trademark of Russian propaganda.That aside, I frankly find it sickening that Russia is apologetic for the actions of some of these brutal regimes (like North Korea; by the way, if anyone is interested, you can read the 400 page UN investigation of human rights abuses in North Korea that came out recently. Have fun vomiting, while you're at it), and even outwardly supportive of them in other cases, all for the sake of retaining their attenuated sphere of influence.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Only way Russia comes to Finland if finnish idiot politicians keeps playing to obamas and natos pockets more an more, its natural to get nervous by direct neughboring country doing who knows what kinda of deals with their rivals, i doupt any of these other countries, lets say america would let that happend for too long? As far i know Finland supposed to be neutral, atleast majority of ppl dont want to join nato, well they didnt want to join eu either but politicians lied and cheated their ways in and now they keep sending soldiers where ever these other big boys tells them and these politicians in past decade and so, they are corrupted as hell, running in bilderbergers meetings, kissing americans butts left and right.
In this times and date i say, Go Russia bring some balance to the world!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is not the start of WW3 or the start of an all out European war. The end.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Also, could someone explain to me why "ultra-nationalist fascists," as Russia claims the protesters are, would have any interest in joining the EU (whose fundamental precepts are about as far away from fascism as you can get (i.e. heavy economic regulation and social deregulation - more precisely, liberalism))?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Nikola014
Oh, I have finally realized what is the true difference between the Western and Russian democracy.

The Western democracy means causing a "revolution" in a country, making it seem like that government is killing their own people. While doing so, a thousands of people dies. But hey, at least they gave up their life's for "freedom"?!
Then, they overthrow a ruler, and put someone of their own to rule the country. Don't believe me? Just look at what happened to once great Yugoslavian countries.

And on the other hand, we have that bad Russian democracy. Where they conquer countries with military power but with no blood shattered. And then, we have people comparing Putin with Hitler...ok.
edit on 29-3-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

Bloodless as far as we can see I wonder how many people will just vanish. I wonder what you appeasers and apologists will be saying when blood is spilled?

I have a question to all you pro Russia posters at what point will it not be alright.........The Rest of Ukraine.....Poland......Finland. Many Americans spoke out were is the Russians doing the same? Oh wait they can not legally do that anymore.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I really doubt the fellow behind the above statement really is a close adviser and associate of Putin, but more likely a paid chill, or somebody taking a free ride on the anti-putin wagon. He just wants more visibility, more contracts and projects, and what better than using the war mongering and at the same time advertising he's knowledge on Russia and Putin.

The other objective could be, to have Finns # in their pants, and run to NATO, and in panic apply for a pro-bono membership. And thus step-wise try to isolate Russia. While I doubt Finns would ever do that, for their traditions, and security, and of the fact, they really do not see any danger or security concerns in Russia and Putin today.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
So another propaganda piece but no real eastern sources? This is getting spammy now...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

SubTruth

Nikola014
Oh, I have finally realized what is the true difference between the Western and Russian democracy.

The Western democracy means causing a "revolution" in a country, making it seem like that government is killing their own people. While doing so, a thousands of people dies. But hey, at least they gave up their life's for "freedom"?!
Then, they overthrow a ruler, and put someone of their own to rule the country. Don't believe me? Just look at what happened to once great Yugoslavian countries.

And on the other hand, we have that bad Russian democracy. Where they conquer countries with military power but with no blood shattered. And then, we have people comparing Putin with Hitler...ok.
edit on 29-3-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

Bloodless as far as we can see I wonder how many people will just vanish. I wonder what you appeasers and apologists will be saying when blood is spilled?

I have a question to all you pro Russia posters at what point will it not be alright.........The Rest of Ukraine.....Poland......Finland. Many Americans spoke out were is the Russians doing the same? Oh wait they can not legally do that anymore.

You mean illegally funding a coup d'etat in a country and then try coming in as "freedom fighters"? Yup we have seen blood spilled enough, question is, why cant you be bothered when the skin is not fair?
edit on 201400000053201403am30 by Yusomad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

IamTheManWithThePlan
I see many posters here fall for the MSM meme and compare Putin to Hitler, and Russia to nazi Germany.
Just so you know, there was a REFERENDUM in Crimea where THE PEOPLE DECIDED to join Russia.

You might as well have a referendum on removing 2nd amendment rights while the swat guys point guns at the heads of the voters. While NRA members are grounded and only options are "give up my guns today and give up my guns tomorrow". Democratic my ass.

reply to post by romilo

We're not playing to the hands of Obama or NATO. This is nothing new. We've been between rock and a hard place for a long time. We wont let NATO in here because that will ruin any remaining relations we have in the east.
And the support for EU membership is overwhelming in here.
edit on 30/3/2014 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Again, as opposed to be ruled by nazi thugs that overthrew your elected leader? Granted yanu was to be kicked out, but the west could not wait some months for the votes he himself had promised. So, how is the NRA analogy working now?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

PsykoOps

IamTheManWithThePlan
I see many posters here fall for the MSM meme and compare Putin to Hitler, and Russia to nazi Germany.
Just so you know, there was a REFERENDUM in Crimea where THE PEOPLE DECIDED to join Russia.

You might as well have a referendum on removing 2nd amendment rights while the swat guys point guns at the heads of the voters. While NRA members are grounded and only options are "give up my guns today and give up my guns tomorrow". Democratic my ass.

There were international observers on the ground (for example politicians from the EU parliament), and they all said that everything was absolutely free and without force. Weapons were not present at or near the voting boothes. BTW, the observers could move freely and could decide themselves where they want to go.

Besides, I have first hand accounts of the ongoings during the referendum (given to me by Ukrainians). Everything was calm, relaxed and fair.
edit on 30/3/2014 by cm23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

Fair enough

But I think your story is BS and require proof

Secondly

Could you tell me by what means the US brainwashed millions of Ukrainians to side with the EU to which the US is not apart of? I'm just dying to know how it's possible and for what reasons?

You just sound like a Putin lover in disguise with a sob story to me

It is not a story. What part of it you don't believe? You don't believe that Yugoslavia( or better say just Serbia) was bombed by NATO and American forces during '99 for about three months? Even tho it was not approved by UN.
And do you think they had just bombed military important objectives?! That is not true. I'm sorry to tell you that your NATO killed on thousands innocents people and very few actual military soldiers. Just type in google Milica Rakic. Unfortunately one of many innocent casualties. I will not go in any further discussions about that bombing, because of personal nature.

And as far as for you second question goes. You don't have to "brainwash" a million people. Only a handful of people, those who are opposition in a government. You just need to guide them and support them( sounds familiar?! ) and you will have that many people protesting. But I don't see you mention another half of a people who supported Yanukovych? They are not important?

I am not a Putin lover. I have only learned from my own experience( better say experience that my country had ) and I'm talking from them. They brought to us democracy and it changed nothing. As a matter of fact, things are worst than ever before. Until you show me that when NATO and US interfered it actually helped people for real, I will stay Putin "lover".

And please, show some respect during discussion.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

Nazi thugs? As in the legally elected officials in charge?

reply to post by cm23

"Observers" my ass. The finnish "observer" for example is nothing but a Putin wannabe. Noone takes his bs seriously. And just because they claim they saw no faul play doesn't mean jack #. We know for a fact that the country had been invaded. The cossacks may have kept a low profile but that doesn't mean they were there.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Nice try American government but Andrej Illiaronov works for the Cato Institute so he’s one of yours

A few points
The average Finn is better armed than an a Montana militia man
All Finns do two years national service

Putin is not a fool why would he get bogged down in an invasion of Finland; it would be nothing but trouble for him

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

deckdel
reply to post by rigel4

I really doubt the fellow behind the above statement really is a close adviser and associate of Putin, but more likely a paid chill, or somebody taking a free ride on the anti-putin wagon. He just wants more visibility, more contracts and projects, and what better than using the war mongering and at the same time advertising he's knowledge on Russia and Putin.

The other objective could be, to have Finns # in their pants, and run to NATO, and in panic apply for a pro-bono membership. And thus step-wise try to isolate Russia. While I doubt Finns would ever do that, for their traditions, and security, and of the fact, they really do not see any danger or security concerns in Russia and Putin today.

So you don't like the message .. so the messenger must be Shill!!!
Please..
edit on Sun, 30 Mar 2014 06:04:21 -0500046America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I wouldn't consider that news source site as reliable.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by rigel4

I wouldn't consider that news source site as reliable.

I'll bite.. Why do you consider this news source as
unreliable?
:.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join